Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 11:41 PM

189 posts, read 172,299 times

Advertisements

This has happen a few times in recent years. I have a sore throat in the morning and feel like I’m getting a cold. By evening I have 99.5 temp and feel like crap. Take Tylenol and take my temp again before bed and it’s 98.6. Thinking in the middle of the night I’ll have to take more Tylenol and my cold will be worse but it isn’t. And by the next day I’m ok. 10 or more years ago it would have turned into a nasty cold or sinus infection and sometimes a 101 temp but now it’s just goes away. Is it that I’m getting a virus but my resistance I fighting it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 02:52 AM

4,968 posts, read 2,711,215 times
I think so. I have had something similar happen. Where I can see that I am coming down with the flu, and I take some aspirin and seem to "will it away" by thinking I don't want to get sick right now. I couldn't do that when I was younger and just got sick immediately and had to suffer through about 2 to 3 days of flu like symptoms. But sometimes after willing the flu away, it only postpones it and I get sick about 2 weeks later anyway. The will away usually does not work the second or third time and I have to suffer through the symptoms for the 2 to 3 days.

Perhaps climate has something to do with me having this minor "gift" now. I used to live full time in Michigan with its 4 season climate, but now that I am retired I only live at my Michigan residence in the summer and the rest of the year at my residence in South Texas. Also, I no longer have a high pressure job, so my mental state is much better and I have more time for exercise. Perhaps these factors make a difference, perhaps not.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:22 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
This happens to me too from time to time. I have no explanation for it. I almost always try to tough it out even when I feel miserable because I almost always feel better by late afternoon or the next morning at the latest.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:44 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,083 times
Yeah, I think it's fairy normal. I always assume it's a flare up in sinuses, allergies or a mild cold virus. I just up my Airborne, drink lots of water and end up fine. Sometimes I will get a cold sore, then I know it's some kind of virus my body was fighting and not allergies. I have had it happen 3 times this cold and flu season, which is more than usual for me.
My temp is always 99-99.5, so I never mess with taking it to see what it is when that happens.
Sounds like maybe you have a good immune system

Old 02-26-2018, 09:28 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
I have noticed that it is related to barometric pressure changes as weather fronts cross over our area.

You can Google the connection between air pressure and ear/nose/throat issues.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:57 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Sometimes you're not really getting something at all. Just get a little run down and it can feel that way. It's not at all abnormal to have your temp be 99.5 in the afternoon when you're totally well. Mine will do that.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:53 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Sometimes you're not really getting something at all. Just get a little run down and it can feel that way. It's not at all abnormal to have your temp be 99.5 in the afternoon when you're totally well. Mine will do that.
I think it could be that some virus is attempting to get established, but you successfully fought it off during that day. The symptoms are responses to the invader that's trying to nab you! A dear friend of mine is one of those people who dismisses signs that he is getting sick. Just keeps charging ahead, ends up sicker, hands it off to the rest of us in the office (oh thanks for that you silly man), starts to feel better, then relapses, stays sick longer, ends up with a secondary sinus infection, all of it. Lately however, I think the lightbulb is finally going off; that maybe he should pay attention and stay home and rest sooner than later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness