Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 11:48 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,635,125 times

Advertisements

I don't know what i have but I had a very violent case of the chills. I had to come home early on saturday morning and turn up my thermostat to 88 degrees and I was still freezing.My right eye still twitches, I have no energy and my head feels numb..not a headache, per se, but sometimes I have a "light headache"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 06:59 AM

20,835 posts, read 28,159,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I hate to say this, but there's no such illness. I'm not saying you weren't sick; I'm sure you are. But you don't have flu of any kind. Yes, stomach bugs are always going around. Drink lots of fluids.
Well that's what I call it. whether the term is correct or not is irrelevant at this point. I think you knew what I meant. I know it's not the actual flu.BTW I am about 80 % better started eating toast. There was no need to go to the doctor because I only vomited on Sunday. Fever has been gone since yesterday morning. I have been my own health care advocate for years and if I felt I needed to go to the doctor I would have. Thanks for correcting me on my thread title.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:21 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,219,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Well that's what I call it. whether the term is correct or not is irrelevant at this point. I think you knew what I meant. I know it's not the actual flu.BTW I am about 80 % better started eating toast. There was no need to go to the doctor because I only vomited on Sunday. Fever has been gone since yesterday morning. I have been my own health care advocate for years and if I felt I needed to go to the doctor I would have. Thanks for correcting me on my thread title.
Sorry, one of my pet peeves. We've had a tough flu season, it doesn't need to be made any worse with people conflating stomach issues with influenza. If you didn't want advice, you shouldn't have posted. I did not suggest you go to the doctor.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:03 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,764,839 times
Could be norovirus. A fast moving bug that makes you puke and feel like crap. Usually lasts 24 hours. Highly contagious.

Old 03-06-2018, 10:16 AM

9,736 posts, read 7,555,940 times
Quote:
Sorry, one of my pet peeves. We've had a tough flu season, it doesn't need to be made any worse with people conflating stomach issues with influenza. If you didn't want advice, you shouldn't have posted. I did not suggest you go to the doctor.
Might just be a regional thing, like soda, pop or coke.

Where I grew up, it was very common to say you had stomach flu, everyone understood what that meant. Still do. Heard it last week.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:45 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,219,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Might just be a regional thing, like soda, pop or coke.

Where I grew up, it was very common to say you had stomach flu, everyone understood what that meant. Still do. Heard it last week.
Do you know how many people say "I got a flu shot and I still got the flu"? Then when you question them, they had vomiting and diarrhea. Some years ago, I read an article about food poisoning that said much "flu" around the holidays is actually food poisoning, from people not preparing food correctly. Yet they all say "flu shots don't work! I got one, and got this horrible flu at Christmas!"

This isn't the article I read, but it says the same thing, and shows how knowing the difference helps:
https://books.google.com/books?id=8i...soning&f=false

Old 03-06-2018, 02:38 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,187,598 times
Quote:
Do you know how many people say "I got a flu shot and I still got the flu"? Then when you question them, they had vomiting and diarrhea. Some years ago, I read an article about food poisoning that said much "flu" around the holidays is actually food poisoning, from people not preparing food correctly. Yet they all say "flu shots don't work! I got one, and got this horrible flu at Christmas!"

This isn't the article I read, but it says the same thing, and shows how knowing the difference helps:
https://books.google.com/books?id=8i...soning&f=false
Thank you for finally mentioning food poisoning. I learned many years ago that there is no "Stomach flu" only food poisoning. It happens more often then we realize.

Old 03-06-2018, 03:21 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,735,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Thank you for finally mentioning food poisoning. I learned many years ago that there is no "Stomach flu" only food poisoning. It happens more often then we realize.
There are stomach viruses that are not food poisoning. Norovirus, rotavirus,etc.

I caught norovirus last year from my little nephew. It was pretty awful.

Old 03-06-2018, 04:50 PM

I just found out my co-workers husband has this. He got it Yesterday.

Old 03-06-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I did not mean to come of so arrogant. I wasn't looking for advice necessarily just wondering if others had this and how they were dealing with it. I know it wasn't you who suggested I go to the doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness