Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 08:08 AM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
OP's question was specifically about buying the Rx.
True, but the OP also said he/she had no more refills, ie, no current prescription. So that little detail needs to be addressed before the OP can get these meds anywhere. I know you're well aware of this, but I mention it because it seemed to me the OP had inferred that he/she might be able to just walk in somewhere and get the Lisinopril without a prescription.

I note that Publix spells out on their pharmacy website that the person must have a current prescription for the drug to get it-makes me wonder how many souls confuse free prescriptions with not having to have a prescription to get them.

I discovered Winn Dixie also offers Lisinopril for free-with a prescription, of course. I got my mothers' scripts filled for a 90 day supply there. May well be there are other locations that also offer this drug for free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 09:27 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,600,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNCamry99 View Post
Thanks for replies to my postings.

I am on RX lisinopril 10mg, but do not have insurance. I do not any more refills.

Are there any places to buy this RX?

Thanks for sharing.
I generally check GoodRx.com for finding prescription drugs, often with coupons. It will not, of course, help you obtain a prescription drug without a prescription.

https://www.goodrx.com/lisinopril?drug-name=lisinopril

Old 03-09-2018, 09:31 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
What I have seen doctors' offices do when they get a request for a prescription renewal from a patient they have not seen in a couple years, (depending on the drug, of course, and the patient's history with them) is to renew the prescription, but either with no refills or maybe with one refill. They don't want to see a patient they've treated for hypertension in the past go without their blood pressure medication.

But this only buys some time for the OP. The OP will have to break down sooner or later and see a doctor for continued prescriptions, they can't continue to write prescriptions indefinitely for patients they never see.
Pretty much.

Or find a free clinic. They do exist. Just not everywhere.

Or go to someplace that sells meds OTC, without a prescription - like Mexico.

Old 03-09-2018, 10:01 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
If you don't have insurance then ask your doctor if they offer discounts for self pay patients who pay in full at the time of service. Many do.

As far as prescriptions you can use GoodRX. If you're a Costco member ask about their drug discount program for uninsured. The discounts are even deeper then what you'd get with Good RX.

Old 03-09-2018, 10:29 AM

10,889 posts, read 7,379,877 times
when I ran out of refills, Walmart called my doctor and got it renewed.
Try going back to the last pharmacy where you got the pills and see if they can get them renewed.

Old 03-09-2018, 11:13 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,315,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNCamry99 View Post
Thanks for replies to my postings.

I am on RX lisinopril 10mg, but do not have insurance. I do not any more refills.

Are there any places to buy this RX?

Thanks for sharing.
You can buy it at any pharmacy that accepts money.

Old 03-09-2018, 12:20 PM

17,568 posts, read 13,339,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
You don't say where you live - many drugs are sold OTC in Mexico. Cheaper than US prices, too. A lot of Americans buy by mail from Canada. It's much cheaper, but you do have to have a prescription.

Algodones is popular for this.
http://losalgodonesmedicalguide.com/pharmacies/
https://www.tripsavvy.com/visiting-a...mexico-1652900
https://cronkite.asu.edu/buffett/can...scription.html
Getting a little off topic, but I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from Mexico. Too much counterfit crap being sold.

As a pharmacist, it killed me when I started ordering generic Zetia from Canada. 25.00 vs over 100 co-pay got me over that in a hurry

Old 03-09-2018, 12:27 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Since it is a low cost generic at Walmart I would be surprised if a Mexican or Canadian pharmacy had it for less. Three months for $10 is dirt cheap.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
when I ran out of refills, Walmart called my doctor and got it renewed.
Try going back to the last pharmacy where you got the pills and see if they can get them renewed.
I think most pharmacies do this. But the doc's office will not likely renew a prescription if it's been long over a year that they saw the patient, and the patient has no appointment.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Pretty much.

Or find a free clinic. They do exist. Just not everywhere.

Or go to someplace that sells meds OTC, without a prescription - like Mexico.
You're right, there are not that many free clinics. I've seen a few, but one can't just walk in cold and expect care. There are income, and medical diagnosis qualifications one must meet to become patients in a given clinic. That can take some time, these clinics have limited resources and depend heavily on volunteers for staffing and donations for services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness