Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 10:28 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,704,038 times

Advertisements

I live just north of Dallas and have fewer problems than in New Orleans. It's hot but it's a dry heat. Humidity in summer varies but there is always a good breeze. I also loved living in Salt Lake City as it was really dry but finally got too cold. Good luck with your decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 10:59 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,655,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I have arthritis, and more than the temperature or constant weather in an area, I find that I'm more affected by weather changes. We've had rain move in and out all week, and my joints ache.
I hear this so often, people can tell if it's going to rain by their joints.

Old 04-05-2018, 01:42 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,049,024 times
If you have OA , or any other joint issues, buy yourself a really good barometer so that you can monitor barometric changes. Barometric pressure will change up and down , read more or less dense air weight (pressure), that is the cause of much suffering. By using this information you can medicate, or change your location, to help moderate the pain.

It's not to well understood that barometric PSI is inside our bodies as well as outside because that's what balances out the weight (pressure) of the air on our bodies where ever our bodies are at on this planet.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:32 PM

17,544 posts, read 17,485,812 times
Don’t just get a barometer. Also get a good hygrometer to measure in home humidity. Something else to consider is a sauna, not the one with steam. There are the traditional saunas with heat and wood benches and then there are the infrared saunas. Not many can afford to have them installed in the home. I’d recommend looking into health spas/health clubs that have these rooms and try them for yourself. If you get relief from a sauna then you may be able to get help getting a small single person version for home or a hand held infrared device for those problem areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness