Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 12:53 PM

108 posts, read 148,438 times

Advertisements

**Image of the rash on her stomach at bottom of this post**

My daughter has a rash on her stomach that started appearing 2 or 3 days ago, but it has gotten really bad over the past day or so. Her doctor is on vacation and out of state until next week, so we are trying to see if we get some advice, information and/or ideas about what it might have been caused by, and what we might be able to try to do to help it go away? Or, at least, try to help in some way?

We are in central Arizona and it certainly seems like there are more pollens in the air lately, so I was thinking that it could be some sort of allergic reaction, but I don't know that for sure. Also, we have a cat, and my daughter often lays in her bed with it - sometimes, after having baby oil on her stomach (due to her having a Baby Doppler heartbeat monitor that she uses multiple times each day) - so I'm wondering if it's maybe cat dander or some sort of germs from the cat that irritatied her skin, or caused an allergic reaction, that is causing the rash?

If someone would take a look at the picture of the rash on her stomach that I have posted, and see if they might be able to offer some helpful advice, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much to anyone who tries to help with this situation!

By the way, if anyone has any suggestions about lotions or ointments or anything like that that might help to alleviate this rash, feel free to make a suggestion. Please just keep in mind that she is almost 8 months pregnant. And with regards to that, we spoke to a pharmacist at Walgreens, who would not actually look at her stomach, but he mentioned possibly looking for some sort of Benadryl Lotion. We also went to the local Walmart, and the woman there, who did look at her stomach, mentioned trying some sort of lotion with oatmeal in it, and she was a fan of natural remedies, and she also mentioned a lotion called Sarna Anti-Itch Lotion, which was around $11, so we didn't end up trying that yet, as I didn't want to spend almost $11 on a lotion that may not actually help with the rash.

Last edited by Arizona Renegade; 04-09-2018 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: To try to properly attach image
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 01:02 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
I am sure that her doctor has someone covering his practice while on vacation

Ask a doctor, not an anonymous web forum

At 8 months you don't want any lotions or ointments other than what doc recommends!

Old 04-09-2018, 01:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
^^Exactly!

Old 04-09-2018, 01:08 PM

924 posts, read 1,676,803 times
Try Googling PUPP rash during pregnancy.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:37 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
Yep.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pr.../puppps-rash#1

OP, when is the baby due? From the pic it looks like it may be soon! The good news is that delivery cures the problem, though it may take a while. The cause is unknown.

There is apparently no info on the use of Sarna Anti-Itch Lotion, which contains a local anesthetic, during pregnancy. See the link for some suggestions.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:40 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
I'm not recommending anything BUT wonder is this new? Has it gotten worse with months? Is it itchy?

I swear by Desitin (zinc oxide) and MAYBE if it were me I'd add a light coating of Desitin on my belly.

Florasone Cream is a homeopathic and I keep it on hand for all rashes.

Coconut oil lightly spread could help.

I went thru a series of rashes and I'll never know why and bought so many ointments...but I was not pregnant.

And I'd work on talking to the doctor.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I am sure that her doctor has someone covering his practice while on vacation

Ask a doctor, not an anonymous web forum

At 8 months you don't want any lotions or ointments other than what doc recommends!
I'm curious, how do you think we knew that the doctor is out of state until next week? Do you think we just guessed? Or do you think it's likely that we called and spoke with the people at the doctor's office, and that we aren't able to see a different physician today? I was simply posting on here, while sitting around at home without any other viable options, other than going to Urgent Care or the ER, in hopes of getting a potentially helpful reply/suggestion. I could understand your response, if I posted something that was short and vague, or if I wrote like an uneducated person, but I took the time to write a thorough, detailed post, and included a picture of her stomach, to try to make it easier for someone to offer a potentially helpful response, based on the information included in the post.

I don't mean to come off as ungrateful for what I think was an effort to give a helpful reply, but, honestly, it's condescending and irritating when you say to not ask an anonymous web forum, when all I was doing was trying to get some potentially helpful information. It's not like I was going to take every bit of information that I might receive as gospel, and possibly do something reckless or dangerous to/for my daughter. And if you think so lowly of someone posting on an anonymous forum to to ask for help, information or advice, I'm curious, why are you on here?

Anyway, just to clarify, we did specifically try to contact her doctor's office, and they didn't have anyone available see her today. I don't want her to have to go to the ER for this, and I don't want to have to go to Urgent Care, so I just thought I'd take a few minutes and post a picture and give a detailed description and see if someone might recognize the rash and be familiar with it and be able to offer a safe, helpful solution or suggestion about what might help make it go away. Posting on an anonymous web forum was not my only effort to try to help the rash my daughter has. I just thought it might be a way to get some helpful information. Evidently, though, I was wrong about that.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
Thanks for the reply and that suggestion. My daughter actually had me look up some PUPP Pregnancy images on Google Images earlier, but it didn't look to be the same type of rash. However, I realize that it may not show up in the exact same way on everyone who gets it, so I may need to check again and research it a little more.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yep.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pr.../puppps-rash#1

OP, when is the baby due? From the pic it looks like it may be soon! The good news is that delivery cures the problem, though it may take a while. The cause is unknown.

There is apparently no info on the use of Sarna Anti-Itch Lotion, which contains a local anesthetic, during pregnancy. See the link for some suggestions.
Her due date is in mid-june, so about two months away. As for that Sarna Anti-Itch Lotion, I can't say that I'd ever even heard of it before today, but the pharmacist at Walmart specifically mentioned it. And she also emphasized that she is generally a fan of natural stuff, so it seems like she was being cautious and mindful of my daughter being pregnant. However, like I said, it was like $11, and I had no idea if it would actually help with her rash, so I didn't want to just buy it on the spot, when I might not help at all. However, if there's a good chance it will help, I will definitely spend the $11 on it for her to try on the rash.

Old 04-09-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'm not recommending anything BUT wonder is this new? Has it gotten worse with months? Is it itchy?

I swear by Desitin (zinc oxide) and MAYBE if it were me I'd add a light coating of Desitin on my belly.

Florasone Cream is a homeopathic and I keep it on hand for all rashes.

Coconut oil lightly spread could help.

I went thru a series of rashes and I'll never know why and bought so many ointments...but I was not pregnant.

And I'd work on talking to the doctor.
My daughter said that she has had some sort of rash on her stomach a couple times over the past 3-4 months, but that it typically went away after a couple days, and she specifically mentioned that it was nowhere near as bad as it is right now, so that's why it's worrying her and bothering her so much. As for the things you suggested, someone did specifically mention coconut oil to her, and her aunt is apparently going to try to bring some over for her to use today. I've also heard of Desitin, as I think it's something that is used on babies, correct? As for the Florasone Cream, I can't say that I've ever even heard of that, but all try to do a Google search for it and see what I think of it.

And, for the record, my daughter has been on the phone with her doctor's office repeatedly throughout the day. She's also been trying to text message her regular physician while he is on vacation in Florida, which I'm really hoping is not a bother to him, but she is taking this very seriously and is really trying to get some sort of help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness