Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,251 times

Advertisements

This is all new to me and I am glad I can communcate on a forum with ohters who have had expierences with thyroid nodules. At my last check up my doc was feeling my neck and he said it felt enlarged so I was sent to have an ultrasound. Told I had a 9mm nodule plus multi nodules, and wanted me to go to an endo. The endo told me it was also enlarged on both sides, she wanted blood & urine work done and a biopsy. Just had the needle biopsy this past Monday, results should be back tomorrow or Monday the latest. She said the blood & urine came back normal. Durring the needle biopsy she couldn't locate one of the nodules, with her ultrasound, don't know why, when I said the technician who did the ultrasound at the hospital had me turn to the side, she replied with "I don't do that", to which I thought was odd as she continued on just having my neck extended with my head straight. Anyways, its not he most pleasant, but its not that horrible either. When she was done she said she wanted me to go to a differant Hopsital and have another ultrasound done and possibly if they can locate it I would have another biopsy there. I actually live & work between 2 hospitals so I do not mind having a 3rd ultrasound done and seeing the results. Has any one else have anything like happen, where the Endo couldn't locate the nodule? Thanks Just Curious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 07:21 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
Relating back to my original ultrs sound, they found 3 on one side and 2 on the other. After the complete thyroidectomy, the surgeon said that he found a 6th so its not that uncommon to miss one during ultra sound. Anyway, I'm still good looking. Best of luck. Steve

Old 05-15-2008, 07:35 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
I would like to add a bit of humor to this. Back in 1989 my thyroid nodule was discovered. There was a bump there but I never had concern untill the ENT felt it and asked how long I had that lump. That scared the hell out of me. Lump?

Long long story short it did have cancer and I had it removed plus as well as the istmas.

The funny part is for years I teased people telling them I had 2 atoms apples. It grossed some people out and some laughed. Some were fasinated by what they saw as a freak obnormal neck. It really did look like I had 2 atoms apples when I tilted my head back.

In the end it was not funny when the doctor said it was follicular carcinoma.

About 8 years later while having a check up they discovered more cancer. I had more removed from the area. Today it has been about 8 or 9 years cancer free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness