Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 12:17 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I think you will find your hurt has faded considerably by then.
Or not.

When my trust is violated, it stays violated. Once burned twice shy is the old saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 04:44 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,133,264 times
You don't really say what Kind of therapist he is. But you do say you see him related to pain, if so is he a physical therapist? I would think that subjects you talk to him about while under physical therapy would not necessarily come under the heading of HIPPA, and be more social in nature and not subject to confidentiallity
Is that the case?

Old 04-29-2018, 06:16 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.--Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-13-2018, 04:47 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Well, I have come back to update this thread; as I know a couple of posters here wanted to know the outcome. I have had a couple of appointments with my therapist since I first posted and I had mentioned nothing to him about what happened. We both have been personable and friendly, and not disclosing any real personal info of any kind. Today, however, an opportunity arose to bring it up, since I never felt I got to "clear the air" so to speak. He was talking about some info he shared with me in the past that could have gotten him into trouble (if I were to report it) and he said "but I know you would not want to hurt me." I answered that is true, I would never hurt or betray him, however now that he brought the subject up, I was the one hurt and betrayed and described to him what I outlined in my first post on the subject here. He was a little stunned, and said "well it wasn't a secret how you felt, was it?" and I answered that I just had not expected him to relay (on multiple occasions yet!) EVERY single word, verbatim. Well, I will tell you, he acted VERY shocked and sorry and apologized to me, and that he never intended to hurt me, he just wanted everyone to be happy.

So the bottom line; I still like and respect him, BUT we both have learned a lesson here: I could tell lately that he had been been more "professional" in his friendly behavior, and I too have not shared a single thing that could not be repeated outside to anyone. I am glad it worked out this way, because I really do think at heart he is a good person, and is certainly a good (and valuable) therapist for me. I feel very happy that I got the opportunity to "clear the air." I think it certainly cements the fact that he needs to keep a certain professionalism with his clients while still maintaining a friendly and trusting demeanor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness