Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 10:16 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times

Advertisements

Google hydradenatis suppurativa, not sure I spelled it right. It is a persistent recurring problem. There is a thread somewhere in the forum, too.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-16-2018 at 07:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 04:00 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I have decided that I will encourage her to be seen by the PC doctor the next time this happens. I suspect that my daughter has already made the same decision (but just wanted me get more information).

It is just a completely different world being a PCV in a third world country. Little things that Americans usually just take for granted such as access to clean water and electricity may not be readily available, let alone things like health care.

They do have clinics and hospitals in my daughter's country but because she in the PC, unless it is something very minor (like removing larva/bugs/whatever from under your skin), all medical care needs to go through the PC doctor/doctors normally located in the capital city. That was a four or five day trip (depending on whether it was rainy season or not) from my daughter's previous village (when she started having this problem) and still a several day trek from her current village.

Imagine needing to take an eight to ten day trip just to see your doctor? It is really hard for most people to picture that. Heck, I moved to the other side of my large city and I get annoyed because I now have an hour and a half round trip to my long, time doctors. I can't imagine taking out over a week from my schedule to see a doctor.

I don't think that the doctors are heartless but they are just working in a completely different environment.

Thank you everyone for your comments and concern.
I wanted to clarify something, PCV always need to go through PC doctors/nurses for their care. PCV receive first aid kits and are expected to handle minor things like removing larva/bugs/slivers/whatever from under their skin by themselves. I did not want to give the impression that PCV could visit non-PC doctors.

She said that she try to see the PC doctor, the next time that this happens, and make sure that it is in her records that it has happened numerous times before.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness