Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 10:34 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,616,208 times

Advertisements

I was feeling a back up yesterday and so took extra mag thru the day and extra Vit C and boy what a clean out that caused. This morning the clean out was still working.

As a friend says, nothing like a good "clean out"...those are nice words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I was feeling a back up yesterday and so took extra mag thru the day and extra Vit C and boy what a clean out that caused. This morning the clean out was still working.

As a friend says, nothing like a good "clean out"...those are nice words.
I know this is an older post and I've had issues all my life as has my mother and my daughter does too and so does her daughter, and the world for that matter....

I do so much but still have issues but it just occurred to me last night, I have NOT taken a stool softener in over 5 yrs, so that may be my "missing link NOW"...so I ordered some and hope it comes soon.

Another good mover is taking Aloe Vera.

Our systems are all so unique, so we need to try everything....eliminating foods, adding more potassium and it goes on and on...

Another ah ah moment, I was taking Coconut Oil for some yrs and for some reason and I don't remember why, I have not used much in the last few yrs, just took a spoon and this may also be what is missing for me and others too, good oils

https://howtocure.com/coconut-oil-for-constipation/

Last edited by jaminhealth; 01-05-2021 at 12:51 PM..

Old 01-05-2021, 01:05 PM

18,940 posts, read 43,341,866 times
I take a heaping tablespoon of generic sugar free Metamucil (Equate) every night before bed. I have done this for years and it works for me.

Magnesium citrate also helps, as does slippery elm capsules. Unfortunately the slippery elm is hard to find in stores, but can be bought on Amazon.

Old 01-05-2021, 04:20 PM

1,966 posts, read 1,085,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
The third was senokot which does a much better job, but I have to go 2-3 times a day with it, when normally, before the constipation problem, I would just go once a day.
It is normal to go 2-3 a day, after every meal. If the meal has much cheese or beef, consider a digestion pill.

Probiotic will also help, I prefer ones geared towards metabolism - link1, link2

Had it for years as a youth, apple skins(fiber) was the trick for me.

Old 01-05-2021, 04:23 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,604,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
It is normal to go 2-3 a day, after every meal. If the meal has much cheese or beef, consider a digestion pill.

Probiotic will also help, I prefer ones geared towards metabolism - link1, link2

Had it for years as a youth, apple skins(fiber) was the trick for me.
This is a revived thread that is 2.5 years old and the OP is no longer a member.

Old 01-05-2021, 04:26 PM

1,966 posts, read 1,085,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
This is a revived thread that is 2.5 years old and the OP is no longer a member.
I didnt notice that, but the main reason for quoting the OP was point out the fallacy in going 1 time a day.

Old 01-05-2021, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I made comments for anyone who deals with this issue, and whether OP is still a member is not the point...it's for anyone for has issues, and I've been having some recently...thanks..

Old 01-05-2021, 04:40 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,606,228 times
Homeopathy works wonders.

If you want more info, pm me.

Old 01-05-2021, 04:40 PM

37,293 posts, read 61,067,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
... Probiotic will also help, I prefer ones geared towards metabolism
Much of the probiotic industry focuses on Lactobacillus acidophilus to help to digest cow milk.

If you have problems digesting cow milk, then you should probably use some Lactobacillus acidophilus.

However, if you do not have issues with cow milk, then I am not sure of the perceived benefit from taking Lactobacillus acidophilus.

I raise goats, sheep, pigs and chickens. I have often given them probiotics, not because they have issues digesting cow milk either. [obviously they have no need to take Lactobacillus acidophilus] There are other probiotics that focus on specific types of feed. There are some probiotic enzymes that will help goats to digest pine trees.

Depending on what it is that you are eating [and not digesting] you may want to consider taking one of these probiotics.
Aspergillus oryzae
Bacillus subtilis
Bifidobacterium longum
Enterococcus Faecium
Saccharomyces cerevisiac
Streptococcus faecium

Lactobacillus gasseri - Is a normal part of vaginal flora. L. gasseri is a normal inhabitant of the lower reproductive tract in healthy women. It also produces Lactocillin capable of reducing blood and liver cholesterol. It has shown to provide benefits associated with weight loss, anti-inflammation, and cholesterol.

Old 01-05-2021, 04:51 PM

4,148 posts, read 3,878,702 times
Default Homeopathy works wonders?

I suffer constipation, what works for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Homeopathy works wonders.

If you want more info, pm me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness