Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 04:54 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJuly View Post
The podiatrist recommended a midsole support and stiff shank-stability type. He said Dicks Sporting Goods carries "Superfeet Arch Support in Wide".
He also recommended "New Balance" running sneaker activity shoes--However, I had just ought an expensive pair of Merrill Hiker Shoes with a firm foot bed. They should do.
I am to do achilles heel stretching 20 reps, hold 3 secs before I get up from bed, car, chair, desk
I am to wear an orthotic 95% percent of the day. No slippers or bare feet.

My foot is pain free tonight I hope it lasts. I have to go on an active vacation in 2 weeks where I will be doing a lot of walking.
By the way a few weeks ago, I bought Dr. Scholls's Pain Relief "Plantar Fasciitis" insert and they aren't that firm. I even tried the Mens Work Boot vareity in the past; and also not so firm (I am a lady with wide feet)

Thanks for advice everybody.

I am glad that you found relief! It is a life changer from constant pain! My feeling is that this is what it is all about; getting the right combination that works for you. What worked for me does not guarantee that it would work for you or the other way around. Because I had my problem in my left foot; I had several 'extra and unused' pair of inserts for the right foot. I gave them to co workers suffering from Plantar Fasciitis in their right foot and they had mixed results. One was 'cured' and one still had problems.

Once I was 'cured' I only used my 'cure' for several months after the pain was gone; then I went back to my usual footwear. About one year later it started to return and I again got out my inserts for a short time and have had no problems since.

Have a great, pain free, vacation!

Old 06-12-2018, 05:40 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
I had this for a little while. A podiatrist made plaster casts of my feet and I got orthothotics. I was surprised, they were a bit of plastic from about the mid foot back to the heel covered with a full foot strip of leather? Didn't seem like much. They were hard to wear only because you can only wear them with tie on shoes and so I wore really ugly shoes for quite awhile. But I was pretty faithful to wearing them and it went away and hasn't come back.

Thankfully since that shot sounds awful.

I had the tops of my feet lasered (hairy feet and that was surprisingly painful. Only thing that has made me feel nauseous from pain. I wanted to kick the technician right in the face.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:48 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Quote:
I can take a needle and am not scared and always keep still. A little sting doesn't hurt.
Today's injection was so bad I howled and nearly jumped off the table.
It was a Cortisone injection both in my Right Heel and in my Arch! My God did it hurt!
Strangely enough, to my immense relief, the pain in my foot went away. Just like that!
I have Plantar Fasciatis and this was my first time seeing a podiatrist and getting this injection. And he gave me a form for a 3 month car handicap sticker. Happy Dance!

I found it to be extremely painful also and like you, I was ready to jump off the table. But unfortunately it didn't help me much. Plantar Fasciitis is not fun.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:43 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,193,896 times
Years ago, I had a cortisone injection in the ball of my foot to treat Morton's Neuroma pain. I figured it would be a bit painful, but was completely taken off-guard by the excruciating pain of that injection.

The PA was holding my hand. I screamed bloody murder and dug my nails into his hand. I'm surprised I didn't break skin. It was bar none, THE most painful injection of my life and nearly came off the table. It was a short intense stabbing electrical pain, followed by a lengthy severe burning, so it wasn't a quick, hold-you-breath, it'll be over in a couple of seconds kind of experience. They really should warn patients that never received a cortisone shot before that it's gonna hurt like the dickens. Not good to be taken unawares. When I left the room, I realized I had broken out into a cold sweat and felt really shaken. It truly was a traumatic experience I never want to repeat.

It did relieve the pain for a short while, but it can't correct the structural issue in my foot that caused the condition (cyst growth on a nerve). So of course the pain soon returned and had to have surgery to correct it. That cortisone shot did nothing but delay the inevitable, so was stupid for the Doc. to even recommend that I have it in the first place, especially knowing the how painful that injection was going to be, and how useless it was to provide permanent relief.

Since that experience, I have refused a cortisone shot for any condition. Ain't going near that experience again.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:05 AM

752 posts, read 460,420 times
I've broken bones and dislocated joints which are traumatic injuries and the pain isn't just some short burst but as far as a momentary, instant sensation of pain, nothing compares to the two local injections into the bottom of my foot in preparation of having plantar warts cut out. Wow.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:25 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
No one has mentioned acupuncture. There are many sites on this and also reflexology.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/1...tar-fasciitis/

Old 06-12-2018, 01:03 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,008,391 times
Reminds me when I had to have several large plantar warts removed from both of my feet. The needle going in hurt pretty bad. The dermatologist said he had had many patients cry or scream upon the needle being inserted. I believed that based on the searing/burning pain upon it being inserted. Was not a fun time.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:55 PM

One thing about pain from needles it doesn't last that long. I don't seek injections but I've had some and know this fact. What is important are they worth it, do they work for what a person does them. I just went thru a series for another issue and sadly ended up with staph infection...not good. I reflect back on the "if only" thoughts.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:49 PM

997 posts, read 710,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
I've broken bones and dislocated joints which are traumatic injuries and the pain isn't just some short burst but as far as a momentary, instant sensation of pain, nothing compares to the two local injections into the bottom of my foot in preparation of having plantar warts cut out. Wow.
Wow is right. It was like electric throbbing jolts of searing pain. I wonder why that area is so painful...It doesn't seem like there would be a lot of nerve endings down there. I am a Nurse, and I always thought the inside of the wrist was the most painful area. Maybe its because the foot tissue is dense.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Wow is right. It was like electric throbbing jolts of searing pain. I wonder why that area is so painful...It doesn't seem like there would be a lot of nerve endings down there. I am a Nurse, and I always thought the inside of the wrist was the most painful area. Maybe its because the foot tissue is dense.
The bottom of the foot is very tender. Even when one tickles your foot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness