Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2018, 08:01 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,043,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
On October 31, 2017 I was home from work on a personal engagement but was doing some work from home While I was preparing a chart on the computer and was typing on the keyboard and had trouble with getting my right hand to work correctly. I typed out the last digits on the chart one-handed and then took an hour nap. At that point I little better. I went to sleep after Halloween visitors stopped coming.

The next day at work I was slurring my words and had trouble typing. November 1 was the worst day. On November 2, I went to theater with my wife and felt almost normal. The next few weeks were a bit “on and off.” When I played tennis on Wednesday, November 15, one of the other players still noticed a slight limp. I was roundly criticized for not going to a doctor. Finally, in early February I started taking 32 mgs. of aspirin daily, and am back to 100%.

I will have to alert the doctor on this when I get the new shingles vaccine. I have already written it up. I am willing to take a carotid artery sonogram but that's it. I will not have unguided tests.

And basically I want peoples’ views; are most doctors targeted and focused or to they on a reflex basis order tests?
  1. Went for physicals in June and September, first since 2016;
  2. Continued on aspirin, which doctor thought was good idea;
  3. Went on blood pressure meds at 140/80, dropped to 124/70 and doctor then cut dosage to three days a week from daily;
  4. At three pills a week, came in at 114/70;
  5. Resting pulse last Sunday was 58, when I donated blood;
  6. Had "new" shingles vaccine
  7. Flipped from being night owl to early riser, out of nowhere, sometime in July or August;
  8. Switched largest meal of the day from dinner to breakfast; and typically dinner foods;
  9. Weight dropped from about 197-200 to 177-180;
  10. Back into 17" neck size, and some 16 1/2 inch neck size shirts; and
  11. Sister in law saw me in id-September for the first time since August, and thought my haircut was different because my face was oval rather than round;
Not bad for self-diagnosis and self-medication, which, for most ailments, I do not recommend. Symptoms and treatments for my situation, however, are well-known.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 10:19 AM

35,081 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Update from Are Most Doctors Targeted And Focused Or Do They On A Reflex Basis Order Tests?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness