Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2018, 02:21 PM

188 posts, read 202,898 times

Advertisements

About a month ago I had posted here about how my big toe nails were hooked/ingrown slightly along the edges, causing pain. I went to a podiatrist to get it taken care of last week. They cut out the hooked portions and told me to apply Urea Cream to the nails twice a day to soften them and to massage my skin away from the nail edges so that the nails grow out straight.

I've been following the doctor's instructions, but noticed today that my toe nails suddenly have big horizontal ridges/bulges going through the middle. I could only walk on my treadmill for a few minutes because my toenails were hurting.

I called the doctor office this morning and left a message with the receptionist, but they never called back and the office is closed now.

I'm going to make an appointment with a different doctor at another podiatry office, but there's usually a wait of a couple weeks. I'm not sure what to do in the meantime besides to stop following the previous doctor's instructions.

Has anyone else had horizontal ridges/bulges appear suddenly before? How did you treat it?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 04:43 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Aren't you the one that posted about this and got recommendations to have the nail removed? Better idea to post in that thread............
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness