Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 12:07 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times

Advertisements

When I eat a burger out, I get it pretty well done. I would not trust meats from a pub. At home I buy grassfed and organic meats and cook them more on a medium to med rare side and they are fine. You probably will be fine, but a lesson learned maybe...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 12:29 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,046,770 times
So where is the OP today? hmmmm....

Old 07-04-2018, 12:34 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,697,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
So where is the OP today? hmmmm....

I think he may have gotten the answer to his question !

Old 07-04-2018, 01:16 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,372 times
I feel like I'm missing the 2nd episode of a two-part program CSI: Lower GI

Old 07-04-2018, 02:43 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,468,632 times
Look on the positive side. If you do get very sick, you'll be able to pinpoint the reason when you see your doctor. No guesswork needed to treat you.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, but it's your choice to worry or not. Some people enjoy worrying about things. I'm not one of them. Are you? If yes, stop it!

Old 07-04-2018, 03:36 PM

3,075 posts, read 1,542,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue100 View Post
I was at an Irish pub type place (wings, beer, sandwiches, etc) a couple of hours ago and ordered a cheeseburger medium rare. I understand the risks, but this place is very clean and specializes in sandwiches, salads, stuff like that. However, when I got the burger, it was even rarer than I had expected, but I decided to eat it anyway because it didn't look that terrible and certainly tasted fine to me. This was definitely the rarest burger I have ever eaten, and pieces of the pink meat were literally falling onto my plate when I picked it up. It was one of those instances where I don't think I should have done what I did, but it's too late now. I have been worried ever since we got the check, but so far I feel nothing, however it's only been about 3 hours. When I told my grandfather and asked him what he thought, he looked really concerned and said, "You're in for it later tonight." I have no idea whether this place grinds their own meat, but I wouldn't imagine so. I also didn't see a disclaimer written on the menu, but being that the menu was a few pages long, it could have been somewhere else besides underneath the burger section. So my main question is how long will it take before I know that I am home free? Also, are the odds really greatly in the favor of me getting dangerously ill, like to the point of hugging the toilet and requiring hospitalization? I'm really just looking for answers to the questions and not for people to tell me I did a stupid thing. If it helps, this place is not a fancy restaurant, but not a dump or a chain either. Just a run-of-the-mill Irish pub.
That is the best way to eat a burger. Rare all the way. Yum!

Old 07-04-2018, 03:37 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,882 times
OP's next of kin contacted me in a private message and wanted me to inform you all that he unfortunately passed away in the night.

Old 07-04-2018, 03:51 PM

120 posts, read 101,492 times
You're going to die. LOL!

Come on.....

Old 07-04-2018, 03:52 PM

369 posts, read 325,246 times
For over 65 years I've had em clean the hooves and wolfed er down.
Now, rare chicken is 100% hospital and rare pork is worms under your skin or tapeworms.
You have more chances of Ecoli from vegetables.
IMHO it's a sin to serve beef well done.

Old 07-04-2018, 04:03 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
In a modern state, it is very unlikely you will have any ill effects from eating commercially marketed meat that was handles professionally, even if completely raw. The risk is vanishingly close to zero.
Thats what Im thinking. They wouldnt serve it if it wasnt safe.
Not to mention if they regularly served bad rare burgers, they would have been shut down by now if someone got ill and filed a lawsuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness