Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 07:33 PM

25,401 posts, read 17,082,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
Hey all. This was caused entirely because when i went to bed, i felt a very strong itch where i could not stop scratching it. I did heavy and i mean heavy scratching/rubbing in order to ease the itchyness. This is 100 percent what caused this. Thus imagine you scratch/rub an area so hard, its going to look very red etc.

No i don't even do any outdoor activities. This has nothing to do with any of this.

copymutt, are you saying coconut oil caused your rash or it fixed it?
Had the same problem.
It was hives. The cause was never found - not by dermatologist, allergist, or any other doctor.

Benadryl solved it. Diphenhydramine, the genetic name for Benadryl, is sold in drugs stores and Dollar General and is very cheap. Immediate relief was found by washing with ice water, and the diphenhydramine takes about an hour for full effect.

Hives will drive you crazy. They appear as small itchy bumps, called wheals.
I still get them from time to time and reading your post reminded me of a few years ago when they started up. It was miserable.
Most people never find the reason for their hives. If you do a little reading you will find that the whole problem is caused by histamine. That's why the anti-histamine was so effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 08:24 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,782,559 times
If the rash is wet or has an odor, it's probably fungal.

If it's not fungal and benadryl doesn't help it, you should see a dermatologist.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:37 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,549,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
I'm a male. Last week or so i got very itchy between my legs when i was in bed. I then scratched it very hard to ease the itch and of course that made it much worst. I then did the same thing again and then noticed that i have a huge patch of redness/rash from me scratching very hard. I did it on both sides between my legs. I then put some lotion on it though to make it not itch that much. But then it would itch again and i could not resist scratching the area.

Now im not scratching it anymore. However, there is still a huge rash between each side of my legs due to this. I just take a shower and then put some lotion on but this is like cheap moisturizing lotion. Does anyone know if it eventually goes away? Its like a huge broken skin and rash and very red. Like its enzema.

Does anyone have any tips on what i should do and not do? I assume don't use any warm water on that area at all when showering? What specific products should i use to make it better? Would like aloe vera gel the liquid type work? Or what about getting some aveeno moisturizing lotion? I would have to buy these products and this rash is very nasty looking between both of my legs. What specific product do I have to buy for this. Because I'm worried that I might have damaged it pretty bad.

I rub some Neosporin antibiotic ointment there for a couple of days, if I get red or inflamed skin, sometimes from hard bike-riding or running.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:56 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,072,848 times
The repeated advice to "see a Dermatologist" seems not to evoke a response of "Yes, I'll do that" from the OP. Other comments on the thread seem to be just a series of opinions by people with no medical training.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:19 AM

5,768 posts, read 3,203,808 times
If those soaps and creams don't work, try an anti fungal soap. It could be what they call jock itch.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:36 AM

12,910 posts, read 13,591,829 times
If its fungal, there are two different types of ingredients. Check the labels to see which one you are using. If you don't see results in a few days, try the other ingredient. Its best to wash off the medication and the area and reapply at night and then again in the morning. If it's just damaged skin that keep getting irritated, then use something to promote healing. I once used a crushed vitamin B and aloe on an irritation to promote healing. And my old standby comfrey works wonders.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:42 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,462,736 times
Tea Tree Oil Ointment is wonderful for rashes.

You may also want to have your physician give you an oral anti-fungal prescription.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:01 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,026,558 times
I have always fought off these irritations with 91% isopropyl alcohol. The very first application hurts like heck - be ready for several minutes of intense pain. I just pour some in my hand and put a liberal application over the whole area. After the original pain goes away I can reapply without pain. The rash usually clears up overnight or with just one or two more applications.

However, by sprinkling some of the Gold Bond medicated body powder in my briefs, after showering, I can avoid the problem in the first place. You want to keep the area clean and dry and the medicated powder helps. The hot summer months are the worst months because of sweat and humidity.

Of course it is best to check with a doctor as others have stated. What I stated has worked for me for many, many years.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:14 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,520,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlguy44 View Post
The repeated advice to "see a Dermatologist" seems not to evoke a response of "Yes, I'll do that" from the OP. Other comments on the thread seem to be just a series of opinions by people with no medical training.
That would be my first course of action. Without knowing what the rash is and where it came from, some of these treatments could make the condition worse.

Seriously, OP, go see a dermatologist/your primary care physician to get an accurate diagnosis of your condition. If it is not serious, then follow the doctors recommendation for over the counter drugs/creams. If it is something more serious, you'll be glad that you caught it early.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:18 AM

45,059 posts, read 60,120,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
That would be my first course of action. Without knowing what the rash is and where it came from, some of these treatments could make the condition worse.

Seriously, OP, go see a dermatologist/your primary care physician to get an accurate diagnosis of your condition. If it is not serious, then follow the doctors recommendation for over the counter drugs/creams. If it is something more serious, you'll be glad that you caught it early.
Quoted for emphasis. If not a dermo then your regular doctor. Now. Today. Rashes and open wounds in that area are not to be played with due to the sweat and bacterial growth.

Go now. Today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness