Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 09:25 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,051,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Maybe you have jock itch, that's bacterial. You may need a cream or spray to help it such as lotromin, it's over the counter. My son gets it usually under arm and it can spread a bit. You got to keep it dry, wear loose fitting clothing.i think the spray is better because it leaves a powdery residue but if the skin is broken maybe the cream is better.

Jock itch

Fungal infection in the skin of the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks.
Learn more at https://g.co/kgs/UK9rb1

Here's some more good info, keep scrolling and read while thing, good info.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/315788.php

One of the most important is to use a new towel each day (don't share towels either) dry uninfected areas first then infected last after showering. Usee body powder to keep skin dry, even apply through out day. My son was using stick deodorant, which can become infected with the fungus so switched to using spray.

Two different things. Fungal is the correct answer.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:28 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,138,665 times
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bactine-P...3=1287&veh=sem

Bactine spray is pretty awesome. I had a burn that itched like crazy and it almost instantly relieved the itching and the pain. I also use it on bug bites. My bf is using it on a minor case of road rash right now. His doctor told him to keep on doing what he's doing because it is healing beautifully. It doesn't sting when you spray it on, it actually feels good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 09:45 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times
So if I am reading you correctly, you have managed to scratch yourself raw and there is not really a rash as much as an abrasion as a result. IF that is the case, I will recommend something that many males will probably shy away from, but a nurse gave it to me for my heels and I have passed it along to tons of people who love it, both male and female.

It is made by Monistat and it is fabulous. It goes on like a cream and immediately drys to a slippery surface but not at all wet. I swear by it and it initially smells like baby powder but that does not last long. It is great for anyplace that suffers from friction.

https://www.target.com/p/monistat-ch...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Old 07-12-2018, 09:47 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,086,041 times
Could be a yeast infection. Go see a doctor or a RN at a clinic ASAP.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:01 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Over the counter hydrocortisone.

Did you, by chance, come down with that awful 2017-2018 flu? Post-viral eczema can look just like fungal infections & it will settle (on adults) in areas that are also suspicious for fungals, such as crooks of elbows & behind knees (kids will get it all over).

Guess my number was up this year; I got both the flu & the eczema. Mine came on at night, in bed, also but it started in the crook of my right arm & behind my right knee. Briefly it was on the inner thighs. OTC hydrocortisone worked well for me & it's only flared up once since then.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:29 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
OP: I hope you know NOW don't do the heavy scratching on your skin. THis could lead to an infection, I did this on my leg a few yrs ago and ended up at dermatologist and he gave me script for steroid ointments. Got rid of it but learned a LESSON. When I get an itch, I think of this issue I went thru..rub lightly and add some rubbing alcohol or other stuff to the area.

There are many ointments and creams to try out there and hopefully you got some good ideas from other members.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:50 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,554,439 times
It could be fungal infection. Some antifungal cream, proper drying and occasional exposure to sunlight would improve it. A doctor will give the proper diagnosis though.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:56 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,189,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
Two different things. Fungal is the correct answer.
Yes, oops that's what I meant, fungal, my mistake, I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing out my error.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
I'm a male. Last week or so i got very itchy between my legs when i was in bed. I then scratched it very hard to ease the itch and of course that made it much worst. I then did the same thing again and then noticed that i have a huge patch of redness/rash from me scratching very hard. I did it on both sides between my legs. I then put some lotion on it though to make it not itch that much. But then it would itch again and i could not resist scratching the area.

Now im not scratching it anymore. However, there is still a huge rash between each side of my legs due to this. I just take a shower and then put some lotion on but this is like cheap moisturizing lotion. Does anyone know if it eventually goes away? Its like a huge broken skin and rash and very red. Like its enzema.

Does anyone have any tips on what i should do and not do? I assume don't use any warm water on that area at all when showering? What specific products should i use to make it better? Would like aloe vera gel the liquid type work? Or what about getting some aveeno moisturizing lotion? I would have to buy these products and this rash is very nasty looking between both of my legs. What specific product do i have to buy for this. Because im worried that i might have damaged it pretty bad.

I got a very itchy rash on my arms and hands as a side effect of a medication. Just a few seconds of hottest tap water does a good job of short-circuiting the itch response, giving me a few hours of relief.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:17 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
It also sounds like jock itch to me. Gold bond along with jock itch ointment works wonders for this.

Seborrheic dermatitis can also cause the same itchiness but it requires a different treatment. Ketoconazole is one of the best treatments but I believe have to have a prescription so a trip to a dermatologist would be in order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness