Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 10:51 AM

11 posts, read 32,069 times

Advertisements

I am not familiar with Shaklee skin care either. I had a friend who sold vitamins or something from them quite a long time ago. When I started using my products, I, too was amazed! There are some great things being done with science and technology these days. The combination of the two brings us much more effective products. Whatever you choose, my advise would be to look for products that are all botanical, herbal based formulas. Which, when you start to really become concerned about "what you smear on your faces", is an important thing to consider. I agree with the above posts regarding how important the ingredients are in the products you use. If Shaklee is still a direct selling company as well, you are probably getting a higher quality product than you are getting from a dept store. Obviously, they have to have a much larger markup to cover the cost of bringing their products to you. So, check into the ingredients. Mine are sold online as well and you can even sign up to get them wholesale for just $29 a year ($15 ever year after)! We offer a 45 day money back guarantee and they are delivered right to your door! If you'd like to take a look, check out www.pureswissbliss.myarbonne.com
(I hope it's ok to post websites on here.)
Well, anyway...here's to all of us looking better and being healthier this new year!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 12:13 PM

850 posts, read 3,157,774 times
I'll drink to looking better and being healthier!

Shaklee has been around for over 50 years. Was started by a Chiropractor, Dr. Shaklee, who believed in all natural , no preservatives, no chemicals, etc.

They have everything from the Vitamins and herbal supplements (which they most known for) to toothpaste and deodorant. The household products are wonderful, too. I have not tried the make up, but my girlfiend Lea uses it. She has really dry, dry skin and she swears by it. The skin cream I have from them 'enfuselle' is great and it lasts forever. I bought this jar about a year ago and still have more to go.

Don't ya just love sharing 'beauty secrets'?

Oh , what about the 'Meaningful beauty' line by Cindy Crawford? I LOVE that. I got the small starter kit and the masque was amazing. It lasts a ong while too, but is more expensive than Shaklee.

KimmieyKY

Old 01-26-2007, 02:31 PM

502 posts, read 2,295,339 times
Default Clinique

I'm surprised clinique hasn't been mentioned here (unless I missed it). I love clinique products. In my teenage years I used to use Oil of Olay then in my late teens I switched to clinique and have been using their products ever since. I do stay away from the sun and I get tons of compliments on my skin and people tell me I have a nice glow and never believe me when I tell them I am 34. I use Clinique's Repairwear night cream, the Repairwear day cream (15 SPF) and the Anti-Gravity Firming Eye Lift Cream.

For cleansing, I use the Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips (best make up remover ever), Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser and 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:43 PM

11 posts, read 32,069 times
I used Clinque makeup before I started using Arbonne, mainly because of sensitive skin. They were still a little harsh but not at all as bad as the cheap brands. My biggest problem was getting the right shade with the foundations and lipsticks. But now I'm hooked on my own stuff, so they are part of my past.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:26 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,529,579 times
It's never too early in life to start using them...(Honestly!!!).

I used PERSONAL CARE Collagen & Alpha Hydroxy Anti-Wrinkle Skin Cream...

I use it 2 times a day (when I get up and before bedtime. After an good shower and face wash first).

Never use soap on your face. Use Clearasil or Noxema (I'm a big fan of Noxema) and do wash 2 times a day. Trust me on this...Oh, and don't forget sunscreen when spending time outside.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:12 PM

409 posts, read 2,782,489 times
for every one of your problems go to home shopping when Jennifer stallone is on. her stuff is reasonable and really works. she is really into it and makes wrinkle and problem skin care that is affordable and really does what she says. yes, she is sylvester's wife.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:24 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
If you want to save money, use Cetaphil lotion to cleanse your skin am and pm, great for sensitive skin and doesn't strip natural oils like soap does. Using a product from Oil of Olay or Loreal for night would work just fine for you. You are in the preventitive stage,not fighting off wrinkles, so the rejenerist series in Oil of Olay should be fine for you. Alpha Hydroxy products will make you drier and could create break outs too. Just use a gentle exfoliater 2x a week along with a light moisturizer with sunscreen and you will be fine.
I second that! and dont forget to use a product with spf in it!

Old 05-24-2007, 05:31 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,529,579 times
I've never had problems with products with Alpha Hydroxy in it. Maybe that's just me. Not everybody has the same skin type, lol. So, just go by what works for you and be happy...SHEEESH!!

Old 05-25-2007, 07:14 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,268,016 times
NUETROGENA!!!! They have the best products, and dermatologists have given them a very good rating. I used to use there stuff when my face broke out, and they also have other good skin products.

For anyone interested in THE BEST lotion of dry skin, try LAC HYDRIN. The stuff is amazing! I asked my pharmacist (years ago!) what he recommended for dry skin and have been using the stuff ever since....Mailed bottles of the stuff to family members/friends, who used it and became immediate converts! It is the best moisturizer I have ever found.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:34 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,680,246 times
La Mer products are great!! A friend of mine got me on it and I'll just say this...people are usually shocked and will argue with me when I tell them Im 38!! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness