Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 12:30 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times

Advertisements

I stopped drinking nearly two years ago ... and had been having two drinks of whisky with a soft drink every night for years.. I looked forward to it , never got drunk or had hangovers but have had HBP for thirty odd years and allergies so thought , this isnt doing me any good at all. and has to stop.... I know your not supposed to stop all of a sudden but wean yourself off but I didnt see it as heavy drinking. to me it was only relaxation in the evenings.. now I dont miss it at all , although I admit Im not as gabby in company as I was. maybe thats a good thing for others... I found it easy , some though dont...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 01:00 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,941,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
But you take drugs, right?
I started smoking weed occasionally after I gave up the booze. Only 1 hit though for a small high though. I plan to quit totally on that soon also.

Old 07-27-2018, 04:01 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Congratulations. All that coca-cola is no good
I have to agree about all that Coca-Cola.

Old 07-27-2018, 04:05 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I started smoking weed occasionally after I gave up the booze. Only 1 hit though for a small high though. I plan to quit totally on that soon also.
You really needn't answer to anyone. I am not sure why some are grilling you.

If you feel better without the Rum and Cokes - good. Weed is becoming increasingly legal. If it makes you feel good, that is your business!

Old 07-27-2018, 06:39 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,488,609 times
Quote:

Anyone else have a similar experience?
Maybe you should google this?

Old 07-27-2018, 06:43 PM

107 posts, read 67,384 times
Reality is for people who can't handle drugs or booze!
LOL.
I think the worst part of your routine was the soda not the booze. Seriously. Soda is very bad for the body and mind!

I drink about half a bottle of red wine a night or 2-3 whiskeys or rums with or without ice or natural juice.

I have checked my kidneys, liver, cholesterol and all markers regularly and I am just fine, thank you.
I wake up just fine, get a lot done during the day, and enjoy my evening drinking. I never drink before 6pm and I never drink more than the above unless I'm partying which is very rare.
I don't like to get "drunk", I just like to "take the edge off".

However, it's not for everyone and some people can't handle alcohol at all. And anyone who feels like quitting alcohol should quit.

For those people I recommend marijuana. Living life without self-medicating with something in this day and age is probably too much stress to bear...

Old 07-27-2018, 06:53 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,941,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Maybe you should google this?
Maybe I did,

Old 07-27-2018, 06:59 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,488,609 times
Quote:
Maybe I did,

Old 07-27-2018, 10:58 PM

255 posts, read 183,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybe View Post
Reality is for people who can't handle drugs or booze!
LOL.
I think the worst part of your routine was the soda not the booze. Seriously. Soda is very bad for the body and mind!

I drink about half a bottle of red wine a night or 2-3 whiskeys or rums with or without ice or natural juice.

I have checked my kidneys, liver, cholesterol and all markers regularly and I am just fine, thank you.
I wake up just fine, get a lot done during the day, and enjoy my evening drinking. I never drink before 6pm and I never drink more than the above unless I'm partying which is very rare.
I don't like to get "drunk", I just like to "take the edge off".

However, it's not for everyone and some people can't handle alcohol at all. And anyone who feels like quitting alcohol should quit.

For those people I recommend marijuana. Living life without self-medicating with something in this day and age is probably too much stress to bear...
You are like an alcoholic trying to keep it together. You figure If You never drink before 6, you're fine...you're fooling yourself.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:59 PM

255 posts, read 183,911 times
well of course you feel better! All that alcohol is very dehydrating. Plus so is the soda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness