Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 11:29 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You JUST said you ate a muffin on another thread.....
OMG, I just sinned....thanks Mikala keeping tabs on me. Guess what I have another one in the refrig that I eat in 1/4's....and I "think" they are gluten free, my neighbor buys a couple for me at WF's every week or so. He calls them vegan, so not sure. But I don't care, and why should you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 11:32 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
OMG, I just sinned....thanks Mikala keeping tabs on me. Guess what I have another one in the refrig that I eat in 1/4's....and I "think" they are gluten free, my neighbor buys a couple for me at WF's every week or so. He calls them vegan, so not sure. But I don't care, and why should you.
Not sure about the sin, but you certainly misrepresented that you eat no bread, baked goods, and sugar.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-08-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Not sure about the sin, but you certainly misrepresented that you eat no bread, baked goods, and sugar.
Oh please so I'm not as perfect as some around these parts. Misrepresent>???

Old 08-08-2018, 11:38 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,670,049 times
Quote:
What does gluten free have to do with being vegan? Gluten comes from a plant, not an animal. Vegans are concerned about items that come from animals.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:39 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,473,517 times
Don't have the time or inclination to address all of your points but I will say this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Take Dr. Mercola; he claims that sunscreen causes more cancer than it prevents, but he'll sell you a natural sunscreen that won't.
He's trying to make a living. You are assuming he's full of it because of it. They don't always go together at least not in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
This, despite the fact that the benefits of sunscreen, such as you buy at the supermarket, have been extremely well established for decades.
This is stupid logic (no offense) and it doesn't prove anything. Look at cigarettes and tobacco. How long were they accepted as safe. People had no idea of the harm they could cause for MANY years.

Mercola's not the only one to come up with this. He may be just confirming it. I never even thought about it till you brought it up, so i googled it.

This was in Scientific American

Quote:
According to the non-profit Environmental Working Group (EWG), by far most of the commercially available sunscreens do not provide adequate protection against the sun’s harmful UV radiation and may also contain chemicals with questionable safety records.

In all, 84 percent of the 831 sunscreens EWG tested did not pass health and environmental muster. Many contained potentially harmful chemicals like Benzophenone, homosalate and octyl methoxycinnamate (also called octinoxate), which are known to mimic naturally occurring bodily hormones and can thus throw the body’s systems out of whack. Some also contained Padimate-0 and parsol 1789 (also known as avobenzone), which are suspected of causing DNA damage when exposed to sunlight. Furthermore, EWG found that more than half the sunscreens on the market make questionable product claims about longevity, water resistance and UV protection.
Full article
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...nscreens-safe/

I don't see the EWG as trying to make a buck.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:43 AM

I have heard plenty mention their brain fog, how about that connection ...

Dementia: A Gluten Induced Condition (And What To Do About It) | Intuition Physician

Old 08-08-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
What does gluten free have to do with being vegan? Gluten comes from a plant, not an animal. Vegans are concerned about items that come from animals.
Who says they are vegan here? I said my friend buys me a couple bran muffins and says they are vegan. THis is all from Mikala calling me on eating a muffin here and there. Please!!!!

I even eat a little pizza now and then. Another sin. But bring no breads in my house.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-08-2018 at 12:01 PM..

Old 08-08-2018, 12:09 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,688,680 times
Quote:
Who says they are vegan here? I said my friend buys me a couple bran muffins and says they are vegan. THis is all from Mikala calling me on eating a muffin here and there. Please!!!!
Unfortunately people do remember posts and notice discrepancies, especially from people who post over and over about the same topics. I myself thought it was odd that you've so often mentioned your parents leading healthy lives up into their 90s and how their food was so much cleaner than food today, etc., and all of a sudden you threw out that they both had cancer when they died. Of course people notice and sometimes mention things like that.

Don't you think it is a little misleading to say repeatedly that you "bring no bread into the house" but on the other hand, you eat muffins and pizza...presumably OUT of the house? No one cares what you eat, but they do notice when you seem to be contradicting yourself.

My dad is 94 and his mind is very sharp and active, but he's almost blind and needs a walker. He eats whatever he wants, including plenty of bread, and pays no attention to what is or is not considered "healthy" at the moment. He's also had three different kinds of cancer; the last was 17 years ago.

Are all those things related? Probably not. He's had some good luck and some bad luck. One bad luck factor was carrying the same inherited cancer-causing mutation I have. Everyone in the extended family with that mutation has had cancer. Most of us survived and are either cancer-free or died of something else.

My mom, on the other hand, had Lewy Body Dementia and died at age 74. She ate the same diet as my dad. No one has ever suggested that gluten was a factor in her dementia; they do say that she was deficient in some nutrients (vitamin D...) and was under a great deal of stress as the primary caregiver to a very elderly, demanding relative. My gut feeling is that extended stress and feelings of depression and hopelessness are at the root of more degenerative conditions than gluten is.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Unfortunately people do remember posts and notice discrepancies, especially from people who post over and over about the same topics. I myself thought it was odd that you've so often mentioned your parents leading healthy lives up into their 90s and how their food was so much cleaner than food today, etc., and all of a sudden you threw out that they both had cancer when they died. Of course people notice and sometimes mention things like that.

Don't you think it is a little misleading to say repeatedly that you "bring no bread into the house" but on the other hand, you eat muffins and pizza...presumably OUT of the house? No one cares what you eat, but they do notice when you seem to be contradicting yourself.

My dad is 94 and his mind is very sharp and active, but he's almost blind and needs a walker. He eats whatever he wants, including plenty of bread, and pays no attention to what is or is not considered "healthy" at the moment. He's also had three different kinds of cancer; the last was 17 years ago.

Are all those things related? Probably not. He's had some good luck and some bad luck. One bad luck factor was carrying the same inherited cancer-causing mutation I have. Everyone in the extended family with that mutation has had cancer. Most of us survived and are either cancer-free or died of something else.

My mom, on the other hand, had Lewy Body Dementia and died at age 74. She ate the same diet as my dad. No one has ever suggested that gluten was a factor in her dementia; they do say that she was deficient in some nutrients (vitamin D...) and was under a great deal of stress as the primary caregiver to a very elderly, demanding relative. My gut feeling is that extended stress and feelings of depression and hopelessness are at the root of more degenerative conditions than gluten is.
oh good lord, discrepancies..why should anyone care. THis is the internet and people say what they say. Why do others have to keep "track" of others? I sure don't.... I don't care what people eat as I could never prove anything anyway, and why ???

We all have our life stories. And this is 21st century and new info coming out every day...

Oh, I just ate 1/4 bran muffin with some cream cheese.

There is so much toxic stuff in our food supplies and who knows what is causing all the havoc...I've thought often about what 7 decades of added toxic fluoride has done to our health...another topic, but cigs and sunscreen was mentioned above.

Look and think about the big picture.

No one wants to suffer or see their loved ones suffer so we don't know what all this memory loss is from, maybe all of the above. So much has been mentioned,

I've been saying when I go I want to have my mind, hope I can achieve that one.

And I'm not perfect on the foods and what is said by me...and again why do so many care about what I say and do.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-08-2018 at 12:49 PM..

Old 08-08-2018, 12:52 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,688,680 times
You post so often about the same things, and yet act surprised and even angry when people remember what you say. Do you want them NOT to remember? Why bother posting then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness