Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 05:55 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times

Advertisements

Very interesting, the first FDA approved app for preventing pregnancies.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/need...155707296.html

Quote:
There are a lot of options on the market when it comes to choosing a birth control method, and now there’s one more to add to the list: Natural Cycles, an app that claims it can help prevent pregnancy.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved marketing for the app, which is the first of its kind to be used as a method of contraception, the agency announced in a press release. The app contains an algorithm that calculates the days of the month a woman is likely to be fertile based on her daily body temperature readings and the information she shares about her menstrual cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 08:34 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,185,322 times
In related news, an updated app for "What to Expect when You're Expecting" can now be downloaded on iTunes and Google Play.

Seriously though, an app that can monitor fertility is helpful when trying to conceive, but for the opposite desired result, I don't think I would trust it.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:02 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
And for those who know they don't want to become parents at this point in time, there's another app where you can get a prescription for birth control, which they'll bill to your insurance (or there are some affordable generics if you don't have insurance) and mail to you every month. https://www.nurx.com/

Why would someone want an app like that? So they didn't have to pay for an office visit, or so they could get birth control without their parents knowing, or other reasons. As long as you're honest about the questions they ask (age, weight, blood pressure, do you smoke, etc) it seems like it should be safe enough.

Old 12-05-2018, 03:35 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
I am guessing that one could also use the app to predict the optimum time to try and conceive.
My b/f and I are TTC, but we’re doing it the old fashioned way... just getting off b/c and throwing caution to the wind.

Old 12-05-2018, 03:43 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
What next, I missed the app world...how have I made it to this ripe good age of 80 with no apps to tell me how to run my life...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness