Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 03:30 AM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zengha View Post
I don't want a colonoscopy at just 32.
It isn't just old people who have problems with their colon. Young people, such as yourself, can have issues, too. If you've ruled out dietary causes, the best way to find out is by having a colonoscopy. It's annoying to prepare for the procedure but, even today, the cleanse that many doctors recommend don't taste as disgusting as that horrible gallon (j/k) of prep solution from years ago. Besides, ruling out polyps or something now is far better than finding out you'll have to live with a colostomy bag for the rest of your life. Don't ignore this because you're afraid. You'll be relieved when you find out it's nothing more than a digestive issue or a few polyps that are easily removed. I wish you well and a long healthy life.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:37 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Read the book "Spoiler Alert - The Hero Dies". You'll be scheduling a colonoscopy before you get to page ten.

A colonoscopy is EXACTLY what you should do. What's the big deal beyond the relief you'll feel after you find out it's nothing or the relief you'll feel physically when you receive proper treatment?

Old 08-18-2018, 09:39 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
Some people get polyps, some don't. I don't think any supplement is going to get rid of them, so "nip" that in the bud before it turns into rectal cancer.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:03 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote

OP: If you have a huge concern, you could ask your MD about Cologuard test and go from there. It's 1000 times easier and certainly not invasive.

Just reading your original post and it could be a case of constipation. So much of the world is constipated or really loose bowels, and that is now called IBS.

Just putting in my thoughts and I see many here have you you in cancer thinking, good lord.[/quote]

So "Dr" Jamin

Thus far on this thread you have diagnosed the OP with IBS and Constipation...

You have recommended the OP ignore the advice of the "actual" medical provider (the one with the degree that actually examined the patient) to have a colonoscopy..

You have suggested the OP look into another test, Cologuard, which ONLY tests for colon cancer even though its unlikely that is what the MD is concerned about...

You accuse others of "cancer thinking" even though, again, you just recommended the OP ask about a test that is ONLY for colon cancer screening...

You have also glowingly praised colonic therapy while demonizing colonoscopy....there is a reason enemas are rarely performed in medicine anymore...

"And colon cleansing can sometimes be harmful. In fact, coffee enemas sometimes used in colon cleansing have been linked to several deaths. Colon cleansing can also cause less serious side effects, such as cramping, bloating, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.

Other potential concerns with colon cleansing include:

Dehydration
A tear in the rectum (perforation)
Infection
A change in your electrolyte balance, which can be dangerous if you have kidney or heart disease or other health problems"
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...g/faq-20058435

Gee, sounds like the OP should sign up for a colon cleanse right away doesn't it???

There is a reason why so many here are angered by your posts...

You routinely give "advice" that is dangerous, unscientific, unproven and unrelated to the issue at hand....

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 08-19-2018 at 02:19 PM..

Old 08-18-2018, 10:41 AM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
It is no big deal to get a colonoscopy, the worst part is the prep. The procedure itself, is routine, I have had 2, one where I was drugged, but awake, & this past one, I was asleep. You don't feel anything. They took out a few polyps. I also once, many years ago, had a sigmoidoscopy, & I did not like that at all. I think that is the procedure Op references, but a colonoscopy is far more comfortable for the patient.

https://www.healthline.com/health/sigmoidoscopy

Old 08-18-2018, 10:48 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Well, I wonder if we'll hear from the OP on how things are going with the possibility of the chronic american constipation that is huge in our population.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-18-2018 at 11:20 AM..

Old 08-18-2018, 11:07 AM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote]

Everyone SHOULD get regular colonoscopies. They save lives

Respectfully. you are so damn set against anything medical! (Yeah, I know about your infection after hip surgery, it happens! So, you don't have to bring that up over and over)

Everyone else, get your routine life saving procedures, beats the alternatives. I'd rather be inconvenienced than die a horrible death due to cancers. The danger of cancer outweighs the negative procedure outcomes

I will not respond to jamin and be sucked into an endless argument of her closed mind to rational medical practice

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 08-19-2018 at 02:20 PM..

Old 08-18-2018, 11:42 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,043 times
Moderator cut: orphaned post]

Your parents likely were never going to develop that particular problem. The fact that they never "got them" has no bearing.

Same with you, supplements and "taking care" not withstanding.

This is a nonsensical argument, Jam.

I'm happy for your relatively good health.

There are plenty of people who have tried other methods to deal with some problems before they visit a doctor and get a recommendation for a colonoscopy or other test. The OP has a recommendation from a doctor who examined him. If he goes and gets an all clear, so much the better.

Feel free to go without any "medical interventions" you like. I can say there are probably any number of things I will no longer take part of should I reach the age of 80. But the OP is 32.

This has nothing to do with being "close minded." You "take care" of your colon in the way you choose. That does not mean it has protected you from cancer. You, and we, do not know that for certain. You like to say you don't believe in "luck" – okay. However, it's as good an explanation as attributing your good "luck" to any food, supplement or regimen.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 08-19-2018 at 02:21 PM..

Old 08-18-2018, 02:54 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
I knew a guy who was diagnosed with colon cancer when he was 23 years old. He was a baseball player. He dipped Skoal. I know someone else who was diagnosed in his 40's. He also dipped Skoal. Hopefully, the OP doesn't have negative habits like that. I would certainly get the colonoscopy and find out what is wrong.

Old 08-18-2018, 04:10 PM

326 posts, read 199,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
My father died a very ugly death from colon cancer at the age of 53. He was a doctor and knew the value of regular health exams. But that was back in January 1968 and colonoscopies didnt come into practice until 1969.

In my opinion, anyone who discourages people from getting a colonoscopy on this forum should not be allowed to post. Others may be influenced by that person's posts and end up suffering an agonizing death that could have been prevented by early diagnosis.

I lost my stepmother at 63 in 2013 to colon cancer. She died 11 months after diagnosis. She hadn't been checked and it cost her her life.

I also saw a family friend die from colon cancer at 26. Beautiful young lady that fought it for over 2 years.

Cancer really sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness