Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 08:31 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,656 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering if anyone could recomend products to clear up skin. My face recently started breaking out, I suppose maybe from stress, maybe also from changing as I get older.
I have tried Mary Kay products, but they seem to be a little heavy for my skin, clogging up my pores more. I have tried Clean and Clear acne spot treatment, and that works, but you put it on when you already have a spot on your face, I don't want to wait until I already have one!

I change my pillow case every other day too to keep it from coming.. but apparently, my face doesn't care about that nice gesture either.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2006, 08:39 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,376,254 times
when my face got really bad from break outs I went to a dermatologist and she said to stop over washing my face, that I was using too much stuff to take my makeup off with. I got a prescription for a facial soap called Prascion, it's great and really helped. When I get zits I use Aveeno Clear Complextion correcting treatment. It helps with the blueish red marks after the zit is gone. Also drink LOTS of water.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:40 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,230,359 times
I agree, drink plenty of plain water. I wash with Ivory soap. My skin has never been better, and I have always had oily skin.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:09 AM

613 posts, read 798,319 times
As I have said before, working for Estee Lauder for years, it is a known fact that Clinique products are great for the person who is prone to breakouts. It is also great for young skin, who is just starting out with a skin care regime. They are inexpensive and hypo-allergenic/fragrance free. They have a great product for breakouts....mind is blank, can't think of name... comes in a bar or a gel. check Clinique.com or at your local Clinique counter. My daughter will be 22 on her b'day....and although I worked for Estee Lauder (who happens to own Clinique) I kept her in the Clinique line, because unlike me....she is oily with breakouts, and of course stress from college, work, etc....they have great inexpensive products. You should check them out!

Old 12-14-2006, 09:17 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I agree, drink plenty of plain water. I wash with Ivory soap. My skin has never been better, and I have always had oily skin.
I'm also subject to skin issues and I wash with Ivory soap. For me it's in the shower every couple of days use a plain white face cloth, wet it, rub the soap on it, rub the bar also on my face, then scrub fairly vigorously my face, forehead, nose, etc. My skin is completely clear and no blackheads afterward, plus..it helps to make shaving closer...though I realize that's not an issue for most responders to this thread...

Old 12-14-2006, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I'm also subject to skin issues and I wash with Ivory soap. For me it's in the shower every couple of days use a plain white face cloth, wet it, rub the soap on it, rub the bar also on my face, then scrub fairly vigorously my face, forehead, nose, etc. My skin is completely clear and no blackheads afterward, plus..it helps to make shaving closer...though I realize that's not an issue for most responders to this thread...

OMG ditto to everything you said. shhhh.....i don't use the EL products on my face....I have always used Ivory soap. That is actually what is in my shower for cleaning my face and bathing. I have used the EL cleansers, but Ivory does it best. again hyp/allergenic, etc....and it's cheap and does the job, and I'm almost 40 and have no blemishes. I also have dry skin, so I have to moisturize good after bathing.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:25 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post
OMG ditto to everything you said. shhhh.....i don't use the EL products on my face....I have always used Ivory soap. That is actually what is in my shower for cleaning my face and bathing. I have used the EL cleansers, but Ivory does it best. again hyp/allergenic, etc....and it's cheap and does the job, and I'm almost 40 and have no blemishes. I also have dry skin, so I have to moisturize good after bathing.
Yeah, I am dry too, but Ivory doesn't really dry me out. Most people guess I'm in my early 30's and I'm going to be 44 in three days. So I guess I'm doin' sumthin' right!

Old 12-14-2006, 09:26 AM

30,338 posts, read 51,925,382 times
I use Shiseido Benefiance products - cleansing foam, balancing softener & emulsion lotion, which work great when used all together! - and sometimes Clinique stuff. I have really sensitive skin, which is dry but prone to breakouts in the t-zone... these products are all really gentle, and seem to do the trick! I don't use them every day, but about once a week or when I'm feeling oily. And if you ever see a dermatologist, ask about something called "Clindagel"... it works wonders on those under-the-surface pimples! Oh yeah, and try to avoid anything marketed for teens, as they're usually too harsh for adult skin.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Yeah, I am dry too, but Ivory doesn't really dry me out. Most people guess I'm in my early 30's and I'm going to be 44 in three days. So I guess I'm doin' sumthin' right!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you....
Happy Birthday dear Mo....
Happy Birthday to you!

Old 12-14-2006, 09:42 AM

1 posts, read 5,453 times
Default Skin Treatments

I'm much older (almost 50) and I've recently started Laser Skin Treatments. It helps with several things including regeneration of your own skins collegan. It costs about $400 for the 1-hour session (IOWA).

I've had "tons" of other more extensive treatments too. Like Plastic Surgery. But that's the last resort for some of us. 43 (+/-) procedures (so far). LOL
I go back 3-2007. Whew!

Best Wishes to you, Peggy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness