Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2018, 02:49 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,595,087 times

Advertisements

My story is long and I was told I had Fibro when I was trying to get thyroid supported from 1991 to finally getting it supported in 2002. The Fibro issue I think hit me in 1999 with an emotional trauma. I had NOT had my thyroid supported YET so I feel I was much more vulnerable, I can "get it" after all these years. I finally got on thyroid support in 2002. But even an Endo Md told me it was not thyroid issues but I have Fibro and that was in 1999. Anyway, some may have Fibro symptoms as they seem so connected to HypoT symptoms

https://thyroidadvisor.com/hypothyro...-fibromyalgia/

This is just one link on HypoT symptoms and I had read that there are some 66 symptoms.

11 Symptoms of Hypothyroidism – Daily Health Life Styles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 09:35 AM

7,993 posts, read 10,344,991 times
Fibro and hypothyroidism are also both symptoms of Lyme disease. I had those (among many other diagnosis). I thought that there was no way one person, who had been pretty healthy her whole life, could come down with so many diseases. No one is just that unlucky. I was in my 40s. I thought they all had to be related. So I started doing research, and Lyme kept coming up. After asking 5 different doctors to test me for Lyme (they all refused to order the simple blood test), I finally found one who would. Low and behold, it was positive. After a year of antibiotic treatment, all my symptoms went away. All my test results are now normal.

Turns out all of those things were actually symptoms of something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness