Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 05:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Most everyone hits the crossroad. I have fond memories of my party days but one night such as the OP had made me say forget this. So now if more than one beer it's at home and if out no more than 2 beers if that.

I really don't see how or why booze is sold to be consumed outside of the home. Respect the effect.. Just shake your head and move on. Also don't try to run for public office..
I have to disagree about booze being sold to consume outside the home. First of all how would it be controlled? and for many, even those who drink rarely there is nothing like a nice glass of wine when enjoying a perfect steak or seafood in your favorite restaurant. They go together for many. As much as I enjoy my wine I do not frequent bars and have trouble understanding why some people do, but it is up to us, as individuals to control our drinking, it isn't to the government to tell us where and when we can drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 05:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Well, that didn't last long, did it?

Alcoholism is very unattractive. It can ruin your life (and that of your family).

I hope you get help.
So you have convinced yourself he is an alcoholic, is that right? I think that is a bit judgemental. I do not know, nor do you how serious his drinking is. Yes, it can ruin families but there is a difference between a drinking and an alcoholic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness