Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 07:30 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Could you be depressed? Insomnia is a hallmark of true depression and you might need an antidepressant to get through this period in your life. BTW. You also should be thinking about your job, how to change it, how to leave it, or whatever to give you peace of mind. Possible that meds won't help, unless your work situation is addressed. Definitely see your doctor for a "chat".
Yes, it could be depression. Waking up too early and not being able to go back to sleep is one sign of depression. Could be that the right antidepressant could help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 08:00 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,995 times
I also feel depressed when I wake in the sense, that there is this huge weight pressing down on me that I have to fight with the weight saying don't get up to go to work, and I have to fight it. So maybe it's depression.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:12 PM

759 posts, read 3,144,836 times
Most insurances will pay for a sleep study if the doctor writes the diagnosis correctly. Many people with sleep apnea never go into REM sleep because the apnea episodes keep occurring. Check with your MD about it. If you have insurance, you can call then in advance to verify everything

Old 11-15-2018, 08:19 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I also feel depressed when I wake in the sense, that there is this huge weight pressing down on me that I have to fight with the weight saying don't get up to go to work, and I have to fight it. So maybe it's depression.
Sounds like depression. Waking up early and not being able to go back to sleep. Stressful job that you have to force yourself to go to. You should probably see your doctor or a therapist and try some different antidepressants. It can take time trying different ones because many have side effects or they don't work for you, but usually by trial and error, you will find the right one.

From what I've read about sleep studies, they can be a waste of money. Not always, but sounds like it probably would be in your case.

Please try to get to a doctor asap. Then, if they can find the right antidepressant, you'll sleep and you'll wake up feeling more energetic and positive. And THEN maybe you can also find a job that you like better!

Old 11-15-2018, 08:23 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Medical marijuana will help. They have drops or the Vape. It is worth it to break the cycle of insomnia.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:24 PM

okay thanks. I talked to two friends on anti-depressants but they told me that my depression is not serious enough to take them as the drug has other side effects I should avoid, if insomnia and not wanting to go to work are my only problems. but maybe i should see a doctor about it.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:37 PM

708 posts, read 1,296,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Prescription Ambien (zolpidem). There's a reason 30 million prescriptions for it (2017) have been written.
I've been taking Ambien for 23 years and have no plans to stop. Fine with my primary care doctor, fine with me.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:39 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,258,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I posted about this before on here, but I cannot find the old thread at all, as it's been a while and I cannot even find it on my threads, so sorry for making the new thread if that's a problem.

Before I was told by many to take melatonin to help my insomnia and to start exercising more. That helped for a few weeks, but now the store doesn't sell that kind anymore, so I had to get a different kind by a different company.

This kind doesn't work at all in comparison, and it just makes me feel more tired. I tried looking for the company from before, but cannot find a place that carries it now.

But I feel that my body is not working with this new kind, and I haven't been exercising as much cause of a knee injury, I actually got from jogging.

So since I haven't slept in the past couple of weeks hardly, and the insomnia has gotten much worse, is there anything else I can do besides melatonin to put me to sleep?

The problem with the melatonin is that is just makes me really tired, where as I need to actually go into unconsciousness, not just be tired.

Is there anything else out there that can help?
Oh I don’t know, but how about seeking professional advice from a doctor instead of an Internet forum?

Old 11-15-2018, 09:28 PM

True. Do you think masturbation before going to sleep can add to it? It's just I am horny before going to bed and think it will help, and wondering if that can add to it.

Old 11-16-2018, 01:45 AM

Okay I am really tired now and cannot stand this. The problem with all these selections is that none of them actually put a person to sleep. They can help maybe, but is there anything I can do that will put me to sleep NO MATTER WHAT?

The concept of NO MATTER WHAT, is the only thing that will work in this case, and I need something that guaranteed. Is there anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness