Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2016, 09:46 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,387,837 times

Advertisements

So I've used legal pot to treat the headaches with some success, but when I travel, I can't exactly take it with me. I've got some Vicodin left over from my sinus surgery (which did work, but in a minimal kind of way - still get the occasional crushing headache), and that seems to actually address the issue - I can sleep when I use it.

Do you think a doctor would give me a prescription for it if I asked? Or would that be labeled as "drug-seeking behavior"? I have asked for prescriptions for the pain before (like a decade ago) and they turned out to be less effective than OTC drugs.

I don't like the idea of Vicodin because of the potential for addiction, but the idea of having to go through one of those headaches again unabated when I'm on a vacation or extended visit with my family is very unappealing. They've actually made me puke before. The surgery took the worst of them off the table, fortunately. But I'm going to Ireland maybe later this year, and I see that as a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I don't want to risk being laid out the entire time with the equivalent of a migraine, especially as dampness tends to make them worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2019, 04:31 AM

110 posts, read 36,613 times
I hope you have your problems under control by now JrzDefector,its aweful!!

I have had some sinus problem for years (Pretty much since I was born) and im looking for an answer! (Even something I can take to stop the headaches)

When I get these headaches it affects my voice usually and nervous systems 'pain registering' so I get bursts for pain from the slightest touch (almost anywhere on my body (even slightly brushing my skin I feel that in my mouth (That is where its always seem to originate)))

Today while lying in bed It started again and I just layed there trying to fight it,keep it from blowing up like last night (The attacks usually last several days (each day worse))

I applied pain to my face by using my fingernails and slightly digging in.... THE BURSTS OF PAIN STOPPED!! -- This is like a god send to me as I have had this problem since birth.....

Tonight when I applied pain and it seemed to stop,I was very excited..... I wanted to come and ask others... I still have a sinus headache right now and I dont feel good but the bursts of pain seem to be gone for now......

Can sinus issues affect your nervous system??

I searched for a good thread to add my reply to but I couldnt decide which thread so I picked yours........

I hope your feeling better by now JrzDefector

Old 01-15-2019, 07:20 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,550,306 times
I don't have an answer to your question but just want to say I sympathize. I've been suffering sinus migraines for over a decade. The ENT said he didn't think surgery would help me and to just continue to find ways to deal with it. It's miserable. I wish you the best.

Old 01-15-2019, 04:14 PM

110 posts, read 36,613 times
Thank you my friend........

I wonder if the sinus migraine is throwing my nervous system all out of whack and when I apply pain it helps it regulate properly??

When you get sinus Migraines does it affect your nervous system also?? (Does the slightest touch feel like your being electricuted)

Its very confusing!!

I wish you the best also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness