Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 07:29 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,776 times

Advertisements

I just realized that ever since my early 20's (I'm currently 31) all I've been doing is answering back-to-back calls. CALL CENTERS... I have no real work experience in other areas that would have gotten me further by now.

It's been nearly 4 years since working as a phone translator but I'm not progressing further. I want to be a successful businesswoman and own a business already. I would like to also work on a job within the field (hotel management and administration) where one can get promoted one day and receive benefits.

Sometimes I find myself that if I don't get out of this forever subordinate state and phone operator, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. I'm already having a mild cause of gastritis and I believe that's the cause of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 07:57 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Attend college part time and work towards a goal for yourself. Otherwise you'll end up with a dead end job for eternity. Yes, that can make you sick. Poor too.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:08 AM

37,153 posts, read 39,404,784 times
You can also consider buying yourself some time and move to another country for a bit to give yourself some room to think and a new surrounding to break you out of a rut. There are more formal programs like teaching a foreign language in Japan under JET or similar programs for other countries.

Applying to schools for something you’re interested in can also work, but you might need to apply for grants/scholarships as well.

Old 02-05-2019, 03:21 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,820,647 times
Enroll in your local community college. You can talk to a career counselor and see what might appeal to you.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:48 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Enroll in your local community college. You can talk to a career counselor and see what might appeal to you.
Bingo! We have a winner!

This is the best start that you can make on your future!

I worked a call center as a professional clinical pharmacist for 3 great years..Cal l anter calls of helping one person after another ...I loved it

Then I retired and BOY, THAT I LOVE

Old 02-06-2019, 05:26 AM

I graduated from college in Dec. 2015. I have a BA degree within the sector of hospitality (hotel management) and tourism.
I've trying to apply to several positions and send my resume but the very few times there was a feedback, it was denial.
I guess I should just keep trying till I get a yes.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:58 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,820,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I graduated from college in Dec. 2015. I have a BA degree within the sector of hospitality (hotel management) and tourism.
I've trying to apply to several positions and send my resume but the very few times there was a feedback, it was denial.
I guess I should just keep trying till I get a yes.
Do you have any experience in that area? Did you do any internships? You may need to start at the bottom and work your way up, degree or not. It's a competitive field and the candidates that worked in the industry while attending college will be chosen first.
If you do have experience get your old employer to write you a letter of recommendation.

Its a great field to be in. I hope you pursue it.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Do you have any experience in that area? Did you do any internships? You may need to start at the bottom and work your way up, degree or not. It's a competitive field and the candidates that worked in the industry while attending college will be chosen first.
If you do have experience get your old employer to write you a letter of recommendation.

Its a great field to be in. I hope you pursue it.
The only experience I got is performing 100 hours in 2015 (required to receive my BA) at a travel agency and meeting a couple guests in the hotel to explain them about the itineraries. I suppose that counts as an internship. The only thing I was being paid was for bus transportation.
Though, I was a beginner at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness