Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2019, 08:39 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
My personal experience proves that 99% of stoners would rather eat pizza than have sex.
With all due respect, this is one of the most ignorant posts I've read on here.

Is it intended as sarcasm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 08:44 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
With all due respect, this is one of the most ignorant posts I've read on here.

Is it intended as sarcasm?
How did she come up with that "statistic"? Did she interview 100 stoners and ask "Would you rather have sex with me or eat pizza?" and only one didn't choose the pizza?

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 02-13-2019 at 08:56 AM..

Old 02-13-2019, 08:47 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
I did state pretty clearly, "I would also attribute a pretty good percentage of problems as mental."

So, this changes things. So you think it's the MJ that causes a lack of interest? and that would automatically affect EVERYONE that uses MJ the same way? OK, I get it now. We'll see how many agree. I don't and IMO, it's not the pot that is causing the lack of interest and I'll leave it at that.
The poster also doesn’t realize that today there are many many different strains. You can buy strain for whatever effect you want. There are strains that make you feel calm and relaxed, and there are strains that make you feel energetic and focused.

I think a lot of people especially older people, when they think of pot, think of their younger years and the people they knew who smoked a lot, dropped out of school and just sat around on the couch watching TV all day and eating cookies. I knew plenty of those people myself growing up in the 70’s and 80’s. Even though most of us here are obviously well educated, professional and responsible users, they can’t separate that stereotype in their minds.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 02-13-2019 at 09:36 AM..

Old 02-13-2019, 09:33 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
How did she come up with that "statistic"? Did she interview 100 stoners and ask "Would you rather have sex with me or eat pizza?" and only one didn't choose the pizza?
lol this is great and I truly hope it happened this way.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:51 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This is the most paranoid and ill-informed post I read in a long time. Right out of Reefer Madness. Legalization is not going to result in people driving your ambulance high. Why on earth would it? It’s not like pot is hard to get when it’s illegal. Your ambulance driver wants to smoke pot now there’s nothing stopping him. There is nothing stopping him 10 years ago. If he wants to drink have a pint of vodka before he gets behind the wheel there’s nothing to stop him. Both will still be illegal even when pot is legalized everywhere.

I honestly don’t understand why people who have no problem at all separating drinkers into social drinkers and problem drinker’s, cannot do the same when it comes to marijuana. When it comes to pot, to several people here, you either abstain completely or you’re a stoner. Why is that? Why the difficulty separating responsible use from irresponsible use in your minds?
Their post was ludicrous, BUT there is a lot stopping the ambulance driver from smoking..... his drug testing and employment rules. Just because it is legal doesn't mean certain people may smoke it. Police, firemen etc are not allowed (at least in our state). I know truck driver's in CA cannot.

"Driving under the influence" covers being impaired by any substance, whether legal, illegal or prescription.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-13-2019, 11:06 AM

105 posts, read 84,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Then when we get all the stoners voting for Mr Dominos for President, we will have come full circle on how foolish it is to pass this Free for all law.

A different analogy might have been better. Prophecy already fulfilled. Pres served Domino's Pizza to guests last month.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:18 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Irony: Hawaii is wishing to ban cigs entirely. Yet states are "rushing" to Revenue (tax) profits thru legalizing MJ. From past history: Cigs are addictive ( shocking that we allow addictive substances to be marketed). From this cancer is abound. Then we create rehabs or medical centers ( again , more revenue for the states!). (editors' warning- sarcasm next) So, Lets now Push and support MJ.
No need to push it or support it. Just stop criminalizing it.

Quote:
Afterall commoners are so clueless that the real motive is in REVVING up state coffers. Then when we get all the stoners voting for Mr Dominos for President, we will have come full circle on how foolish it is to pass this Free for all law. Only to later create state programs to get these folks off these Drugs. THC is a drug last I read. No I don't want to be sitting at a bus stop while Joe Shmoe is doing his bong hits to make his day supposedly more culpable. But by golly lets legalize it so that the Boarder country can no longer make a profit. The old "if you cant beat em...join em" is rampant. Somehow we give no consideration for humanity in the long term...just toke 'em if you got em.
Indeed. Ask all of the prisoners and ex-cons whose lives have been ruined because of prohibition and criminalization. All because of a plant.

Feel better?

Quote:
Harvard did a speed reaction test on volunteers who partook of MJ and yes they were much slower in reactionary skills -- driving anyone? So the Ole "take it easy" may be a nice effect of this substance yet no where in my life do I want the consumer of such to be driving the ambulance or doing my taxes....Guess the Ohh I have glaucoma will now be a statement of the past, now all you have to do is say...Its my pleasure, so leave me be! In which I kindly say, Your Pleasure is a hazard to others. Don't toke and drive.
I agree with this. Of course. Driving while impaired is already illegal and it will remain that way.

Driving while distracted is also a hazard, by the way.

So don't text!

This has been a public service message. You're welcome.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:01 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its sad and pathetic they are still using the old 'protecting health and safety of the public' though in relation to why they enforce drug laws...We know for a fact that is not remotely true.

Law enforcement also likes to say 'we are just doing our jobs, just enforcing laws that were created'....how they can actually think anyone would fall for that garbage is beyond me?!

Law enforcement shouldnt get a pass on this anyway,...'just doing ones job' has never been an acceptable excuse, history proves this.

I say, DISOBEY and REFUSE TO COMPLY with drug laws, thats the appropriate action to take at this point, if enough people stand up and say NO, future generations will be celebrating and honoring them as true patriots one day.
Especially now that you have many LEO groups publicly fighting against cannabis legalization. Seems they also want have a hand in the law making process.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:01 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Thank you for your informed medical opinion.
Better than hearsay.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:05 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. Erectile dysfunction (which, incidentally, I attribute more to taking hlood pressure medication) is not the problem I'm referring to. It is simple lack of interest. My personal experience proves that 99% of stoners would rather eat pizza than have sex.
Pizza is more attractive than you? I mean, seriously, that is the correlation made in the statements you keep posting. You aren't being laid by anyone and it's marijuana's fault. Methinks you are not understanding the real problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness