Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 10:44 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
I think there is vegetable diet for exchange аnimal fats and proteins to vegetable.
I have not eaten meat for 2 months. Passed on lentils, beans and peas. And walnut.

I have not eaten red meat in 12 yrs and have not missed it and most likely healthier for it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 12:36 PM

9,395 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Peppermint oil has been a life saver for me.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:23 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
I may have that. When i gotta go my tummy gets bubbly and it has to come out like right now come hell or high water. Only seems to happen after i eat lunch.

Old 11-30-2019, 07:32 PM

18 posts, read 9,586 times
I had really bad sudden "attack" of indigestion this past mid-Sept. I thought it was due to ongoing years of chronic insomnia, extreme/bone-tired daytime fatigue/muscle aches/weakness/stress from working in a job I honestly hated and remained in far too long (because I feared trying to change fields at my age and worried about being unable to pay bills etc.) that required constant out of town travel and dealing with angry, demanding clients.

I finally "had it" with the job, had literally a nervous breakdown that landed me in the ER, fearing I was having a heart attack/stroke because of a sudden migraine (I NEVER had headaches in my life before) and chest pain. Luckily, I didn't have either, but was diagnosed with "acute stress/panic attack". I finally took the hint my body was sending and abruptly quit in June and hoped my body would "reset" and sleep, stress level, digestion would return to more normal. Instead, as I said above, I had the worse attack of indigestion in my life a few months later in Sept. Suddenly, my gut just went "on strike": refused to digest ANYTHING "normally". Instead, I had--continue to have--constant runs alternated with constipation and--most troubling--weight loss.

My GI doc did scopes (upper and lower) which were essentially normal (thankfully) but put me on an antibiotic (Rifaxan) which sort of fixed runs (BMs were finally solid again) but, unfortunately, only worked for very short time (just 2-3 weeks) and runs have returned. My GP also did a celiac test which showed I am gluten sensitive (big surprise to me as I have always been able to eat bread, etc. with no digestion issues). I immediately cut that out of my diet, along with dairy, refined sugar, and all processed/junk food. But still have CONSTANT runs/constipation. Not sure what more I can do at this point. Also the stress/insomnia/fatigue are all still a HUGE problem for me. I guess my poor gut ("second brain") is just reflection of that.

OMG! I never thought I would take something as "mundane" as a normal bowel movement for granted....lol....but I guess I have all my life.

Not sure what more I can take or do at this point except "learn to live with" chronically messed up digestion/poor sleep/stress/body aches/bone tired fatigue. I welcome any serious suggestions/comments, but please don't recommend unproven "woo woo" trendy faux med like bone broth or probiotics, or meditation. Have tried them all with no luck. Besides, it's not easy for a 60+, unemployed single person with no family, stock/real estate portfolio to simply "meditate or Yoga your cares away" or "learn to relax better"--let alone sleep well through the night--as she watches her modest savings drop, housing/medical insurance costs skyrocket, and health go to hell.

Apologies for such a long post. I guess I'm just feeling kind of scared, sad right now.

Last edited by kate333; 11-30-2019 at 07:42 PM..

Old 12-01-2019, 06:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kate333 View Post
I had really bad sudden "attack" of indigestion this past mid-Sept. I thought it was due to ongoing years of chronic insomnia, extreme/bone-tired daytime fatigue/muscle aches/weakness/stress from working in a job I honestly hated and remained in far too long (because I feared trying to change fields at my age and worried about being unable to pay bills etc.) that required constant out of town travel and dealing with angry, demanding clients.

I finally "had it" with the job, had literally a nervous breakdown that landed me in the ER, fearing I was having a heart attack/stroke because of a sudden migraine (I NEVER had headaches in my life before) and chest pain. Luckily, I didn't have either, but was diagnosed with "acute stress/panic attack". I finally took the hint my body was sending and abruptly quit in June and hoped my body would "reset" and sleep, stress level, digestion would return to more normal. Instead, as I said above, I had the worse attack of indigestion in my life a few months later in Sept. Suddenly, my gut just went "on strike": refused to digest ANYTHING "normally". Instead, I had--continue to have--constant runs alternated with constipation and--most troubling--weight loss.

My GI doc did scopes (upper and lower) which were essentially normal (thankfully) but put me on an antibiotic (Rifaxan) which sort of fixed runs (BMs were finally solid again) but, unfortunately, only worked for very short time (just 2-3 weeks) and runs have returned. My GP also did a celiac test which showed I am gluten sensitive (big surprise to me as I have always been able to eat bread, etc. with no digestion issues). I immediately cut that out of my diet, along with dairy, refined sugar, and all processed/junk food. But still have CONSTANT runs/constipation. Not sure what more I can do at this point. Also the stress/insomnia/fatigue are all still a HUGE problem for me. I guess my poor gut ("second brain") is just reflection of that.

OMG! I never thought I would take something as "mundane" as a normal bowel movement for granted....lol....but I guess I have all my life.

Not sure what more I can take or do at this point except "learn to live with" chronically messed up digestion/poor sleep/stress/body aches/bone tired fatigue. I welcome any serious suggestions/comments, but please don't recommend unproven "woo woo" trendy faux med like bone broth or probiotics, or meditation. Have tried them all with no luck. Besides, it's not easy for a 60+, unemployed single person with no family, stock/real estate portfolio to simply "meditate or Yoga your cares away" or "learn to relax better"--let alone sleep well through the night--as she watches her modest savings drop, housing/medical insurance costs skyrocket, and health go to hell.

Apologies for such a long post. I guess I'm just feeling kind of scared, sad right now.
Don't apologize. You have reason to feel a bit nervous and scared. At least you did see the doctor about your systems and didn't spend all your time diagnosing your self via the net.

I think way too many people spend way too much time trying to decide what is ailing them. It is ok to read on the net. I think it is normal but too many people assume they have this or that based on something they read and then they try to treat themselves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness