Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Should My Next Step Be?
Ignore, This is Normal, It Will Resolve Itself 0 0%
Get Second Opinion, This Doesn't Seem Right 0 0%
Go See A Doctor Immediately, Hives Are Really Bad Sign 0 0%
Seek Legal Counsel, This Shouldn't Have Happend Like This 1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 7,065 times

Advertisements

hi all,
sorry we're here but i'm so glad to find you all. 42 had left ovary removed nov 06 complete hyst may 07 after 5 laps , 4 kidney infections innumerable utis, so much pain gave up having more kids so i could REALLY be with my 3 yr old. now have "ovarian" cyst(radiologist and new primary care forgot hyst) , fluid in abdomen, umbilical hernia, fluid around heart feb and still there.

what now???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 6,943 times
Myself have had a partial hysterectomy . gyno took uterus and cervix left ovaries becauze they are healthy .Well I broke my ankle about 2 months after hyste . 6 weeks after that i ended up in excrutiating pain . I was thinking i had appendicitis. Well i had a blood clot in my right ovary vein? So now i am on blood thinner coumadin . I was hospitalized for a week and on some nasty antibiotics. But now my primary care dr. wants me to have the ovary removed because of the clot .. She is worried of necrosis . So has anyone else had any of these issues.. Please respond

Old 12-02-2009, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 6,890 times
I'm in a similar situation, however, in my case it is called ovarian remnant syndrome. Apparently this condition is very rare, but can and does happen. I had a complete hysterectomy 1 year ago and started having crippling pains 3weeks ago. It seems that after 1 trip to the ER, they found that I had an ovary remnant that was still alive and producing 4cm cysts. Soon I'll be on fertility drugs to vamp up the ovary tissue for my next ultrasound and another surgery by a GYN Oncologist because it's so close to my ureter. Just thought you guys might want to look up ovarian remnant syndrome and compare your situations. Some doctors haven't heard of this disease.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:44 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
I had full hysterectomy [including partial small intestine resection because the endometriosis was "that bad" in 1997 and they put me on a specific hormone regimen for a while afterwards that was designed to PREVENT regrowth of the remnants of uterine and ovarian tissue floating around in the abdomen. That treatment was then tapered off.

I cannot remember the routine but I wonder if that is something that is NOT happening now and could be related - but I never had any problems after that. My heart goes out to you because it took me YEARS of complaining to get diagnosed with endometriosis in the first place.............they just thought I was having adhesions from former c-sections even though I explained it hurt way too much for that.

Zero problems after that. I wish I knew what advice to give.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 6,727 times
I just read some of these posts.. I too need help.. I had a hysterectomy in 1997 went bad fast.. long story short.. I saw another dr.. who had to undo all the damage the first one did.. my bladder, tubes and ovaries were all sew together. now years later and 18 surgeries later.. I found out I have a cyst on an ovary I do not have.. my bladder is prolapsed again for the 3time.. The pain in my side is crazy.. I have a device inplanted in my back to help my bladder work. nerve damage lots of it.. so how does one grow a cyst with out the ovary??? Where is there a doc. to fix me? I can not be the only one with so many issues , can someone help.??

Old 02-19-2010, 12:58 PM

1 posts, read 6,660 times
I had a full hysterectomy in jan 2009. I stared HRT in the hospital because of my age of 38. One year later, I am back in the OR with a cyst the size of an apple and more endometriosis in my pelvic area. Anyone with severe endometriosis, don't elect to take the HRT. It feeds the endometriosis adhesions that are healing.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:36 PM

1 posts, read 6,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerchick34 View Post
I was wondering if anyone out there had experienced what I am experiencing now. I had a full abdominal hysterectomy October 3, 2007. I thought my recovery was normal, there was a lot of pain, but this procedure wasn't supposed to tickle! I am 29, but I have lived with Endometriosis for well over 10, 11, 12 years, so pain has always been a part of my adult life. After so long, you learn to ignore most of it and only focus in on the pain that makes you double over. I'm not on any HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) so I had hot flashes and night sweats for about a month after surgery, but then it all stopped. I thought I was just lucky!

Fast forward 3 months after surgery and I start to break out in hives all the time. My skin was crawling and it drove me crazy, but I didn't think it had anything to do with the surgery so I self medicated and went on with day to day. I still had lingering pain, but like I said, I just ignored it.

Fast forward to 5 months after surgery and now I'm having noticable pain in lower left abdomen. I call in sick to work and try heating pads and rest, only to wake up the next day with my abdomen looking like I was 6 months pregnant. I go to ER, have CT Scan and Ultrasound and they find abdominal masses. Ultrasound tech says it looks like an ovary! They admit me, and break the news that they will have to do a full abdominal surgery all over again to go in and inspect! I did well, but they pulled out Necrotic Hemorrhagic Corpus Luteum Cyst and necrotic fragments which basically means they pulled out a rotting, bleeding ovarian cyst and a couple of small rotting pieces of flesh! Oops, I don't have ovaries and the info I find online says that these cysts form on ovaries or from ovarian eggs. Because it was necrotic, the cyst fell apart in his hands when he touched it. He couldn't really tell if it was attached to abdominal wall since it just fell apart. The pieces that really concern me are the small rotting fragments that weren't attached to anything, where the heck did they come from?

Now I don't know how these types of cysts form when you don't have any of those parts anymore, and I don't know how those pieces grow to 3cm and rot within 5 months. Is this normal? Can a cyst form that quickly, get that big then rot that bad in 5 months? Has anyone out there had this? I asked the doc if this is something he left behind, and he was unsure! I asked if he got it all or if I would be back in another 5 months for another surgery and he was again unsure! To make matters worse, the doctor is concerned because I have no menopausal symptoms. There may be more ovarian tissure floating around somewhere! I asked if he looked around while he was in, and he said h didn't think he saw anything else. Now I'm breaking out in hives again and it's only been a little under 3 weeks since my surgery. Should I be scared? Please resopond if you have experienced anything like this at all.

Thank you!

Hi I am going though pretty much the same thing... I had a complete hysterectomy in dec 2008 and have been having constant pain for about a yr now. found out a couple months ago through a pelvic ultrasound that there was a piece of ovary left behind and has a large cyst growing on it..I would really love to see this dr. pay for his mistakes.. I have had nothing but problems since this hysterectomy.. I have had the same thing u described too the shakes and hives.. pray u will get better soon!!

Old 05-28-2010, 04:49 PM

1 posts, read 6,356 times
I had a total hysterectomy( including removal of bothe ovaries and tubes) 16 months ago after years of endometriosis. Suddenly experienced acute pain and bloating. After CT scan and MRI, diagnosis is hemorrhagic cysts. Can this be possible? Obgyn says he is confident it is not cancer but I am so scared. Another surgery next week to be sure. Just don't understand how I can develope ovarian cysts with no ovaries. Has anyone ever heard of this? Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Old 06-01-2010, 05:47 PM

2 posts, read 12,652 times
Over the weekend the pain came back! I had a partial hysterectomy back in October of 2007 and now the pain in the lower right side is back! Luckily I have a Dr's. appointment later this month, but Im worried that it is a cyst. I mean, it is not as painful as endometriosis, but the thought of having to go back to see if I may have to have a procedure all over again is just upsetting. I will be vigilant about the ultrasound and will see what happens. Hysterectomy, was the thing that would change my life for the better and now Im back to square 1.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:51 PM

2 posts, read 12,652 times
Question Hysterectomy and bladder control

Are any of you having bladder and bowel control problems? Since my hysterectomy I have had some issues in this area. I know its sick but I seriously have had to cut my running sessions because of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness