U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2019, 07:06 PM

88,231 posts, read 82,257,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
My doctor is not a Nephropath, but he is a D.O. As I said, I have only seen him once, but he seems pretty open minded.

I have been doing a lot of reading, and I've thought of adrenal fatigue, also. I forgot to mention that to my practitioner.

There have been several sudden, negative events that were shocking and sad during the past three years, including the death of a close relative.

No. I do not wake up gasping for breath. YES - I do find it hard to drag myself out of bed. Literally struggling.

I was once a regular contributor to the "What's For Dinner?" thread, but lately, I have not cooked much. I have mustered the strength to cook last two nights. I chose easy to cook meals and my husband helped.

I am 61. You asked in a previous post.

Thyroid has occurred to me, and I am being tested for it. I am tired, but I lack some other symptoms such as weight gain, brittle hair and nails, or hair loss. I guess it still is a possibility though.
Thyroid and the adrenals are connected. If your adrenals are down, which it sounds like they are, they could be throwing thyroid off. Those stressful/sad events you mentioned, many within 3 years, could have over-taxed your stress reserves (an adrenal phenomenon). You could test this idea in a simple way; get some kind of thyroid glandular supplement from the health food store, and take it for 2-3 days, and see if it helps with that early morning can't-get-out-of-bed fatigue. Supporting thyroid in this way can have a positive effect on the adrenals. I'm not saying to use it as a remedy, only to test and see if your issue is thyroid/adrenal.

A good acupuncturist can help resolve adrenal fatigue, if it comes to that, but it can be hard to find a good one.

Vitamin B12; did you request that test? A deficiency is not uncommon in women, and can cause fatigue symptoms.

What's a D.O.--Doctor of Osteopathy?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 07:38 PM

28,796 posts, read 11,761,734 times
It was not long after a very stressful event in my life at 63 was I given the Fibro dx. It's said that often the Fibro dx is from emotional or physical stressors. For me and the emotional event, I had been working 10 yrs to get the sluggish thyroid fixed which I believed was my problem, but the doc's numbers said oh no. Now if I had the thyroid supported before the trauma could be things would not have been so tough on the body. I know this is about Sheena but just some thoughts to think about.

I agree too, get the adrenals working better and one can do that on their own..I've read that for the thyroid to function well, adrenals need to be first in good condition.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 03-28-2019 at 07:48 PM..

Old 03-28-2019, 08:19 PM

20,851 posts, read 26,239,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Thyroid and the adrenals are connected. If your adrenals are down, which it sounds like they are, they could be throwing thyroid off. Those stressful/sad events you mentioned, many within 3 years, could have over-taxed your stress reserves (an adrenal phenomenon). You could test this idea in a simple way; get some kind of thyroid glandular supplement from the health food store, and take it for 2-3 days, and see if it helps with that early morning can't-get-out-of-bed fatigue. Supporting thyroid in this way can have a positive effect on the adrenals. I'm not saying to use it as a remedy, only to test and see if your issue is thyroid/adrenal.

A good acupuncturist can help resolve adrenal fatigue, if it comes to that, but it can be hard to find a good one.

Vitamin B12; did you request that test? A deficiency is not uncommon in women, and can cause fatigue symptoms.

What's a D.O.--Doctor of Osteopathy?
I tried to type "Naturopath" and it came out "Nephropath".

D.O. - Doctor of Osteopathy, yes.

Those supplements actually work that quickly? Wow.

Old 03-28-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
It was not long after a very stressful event in my life at 63 was I given the Fibro dx. It's said that often the Fibro dx is from emotional or physical stressors. For me and the emotional event, I had been working 10 yrs to get the sluggish thyroid fixed which I believed was my problem, but the doc's numbers said oh no. Now if I had the thyroid supported before the trauma could be things would not have been so tough on the body. I know this is about Sheena but just some thoughts to think about.

I agree too, get the adrenals working better and one can do that on their own..I've read that for the thyroid to function well, adrenals need to be first in good condition.
Jammin, the thread does not only need to be about me. Lol! I would hope that others would share their similar relevant experiences.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:13 PM

2,957 posts, read 1,131,731 times
Quote:
I had that at 13. I am not positive, but I don't think you can get it twice, although I am aware that the virus, the same as Epstein-Barr virus stays with you.
Just as a note, and not to say, this has any connection to you: . Putting this out for anyone out there:

The virus does stay. In fact, it has long term health issues.

"These findings imply that EBV affects human health much more than previously thought, the researchers noted. The seven diseases linked to the EBNA2 protein are lupus, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, and Type 1 diabetes.

EBV behaves like an immune system hijacker. In an infected person, EBV mostly invades B-cells, the immune system cells responsible for producing antibodies critical to defending against viruses, bacteria and other foreign materials.

Previous research found a link between EBV infection and lupus. In children, the virus can lead to a 50-fold increased risk for developing lupus."

https://lupusnewstoday.com/2018/04/2...es-risk-study/

Last edited by YorktownGal; 03-28-2019 at 09:25 PM..

Old 03-28-2019, 09:24 PM

2,957 posts, read 1,131,731 times
One more point!

I've found that other people know exactly when they have a sinus infection. I don't. My sinus infections start with tiredness and lightheadedness. This can go on for weeks before I have more typical sinus infections symptoms like fever or pressure.

It could be a very low grade, long sinus infections.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Just as a note, and not to say, this has any connection to you: . Putting this out for anyone out there:

The virus does stay. In fact, it has long term health issues.

"These findings imply that EBV affects human health much more than previously thought, the researchers noted. The seven diseases linked to the EBNA2 protein are lupus, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, and Type 1 diabetes.

EBV behaves like an immune system hijacker. In an infected person, EBV mostly invades B-cells, the immune system cells responsible for producing antibodies critical to defending against viruses, bacteria and other foreign materials.

Previous research found a link between EBV infection and lupus. In children, the virus can lead to a 50-fold increased risk for developing lupus."

https://lupusnewstoday.com/2018/04/2...es-risk-study/
I've read this too. A former college room mate and close friend, has become kind of obsessed with the Medical Medium - Anthony William. She firmly believes that I have un-diagnosed Epstein-Barr Syndrome.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:37 PM

39,190 posts, read 24,756,877 times
Quote:
RamenAddict, no. I do not use Prozac. I *think* the preferred antidepressant for fibro is Cymbalta. But, I don't take that either.

I hate fybro, but if I don't really need it. I try to use natural remedies, if I can. Hot baths in Epsom salt offer me some relief when it comes to aches and pains. I also get messages on a fairly regular basis and practice yoga. I haven't taken a class since January because of my daytime sleepiness. I havin't been able to find a yoga studio that is open when I am most alert - around 3AM.

I don't take Pamelor (norreiptyline) either. And yes, most antidepressants have "dry mouth" as a side effect.

Cymbalta, Lyrica, and I forget the other. I used heat, stretching/yoga, massages to and they help the FM. The only things I used that I don't see is acupuncture (the hooked it up to the electrical charge) and that would help for a few days.... and a TENS machine (Amazon $20 bucks). I took Lyrica for about 5 years, the Cymbalta worked the best but gave me a dry throat cough that made me unable to talk without hacking, it was lovely.

YouTube has all kinds of yoga "classes", or I just would find all the moves and stretches that helped me the most and do them at home, I never took a class. I think the class would not concentrate on the areas I needed it the most, so a lot of time would be spent that doesn't really help (I've taken yoga in the past).

The only additional thing I can offer is that my FM went away, mostly. At most I have a constant dull ache, unless someone touches me (like if me husband squeezed my thigh and I jump a couple feet )

If you have any questions that I may be able to help with please do not hesitate to to DM me or ask me here.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 03-28-2019, 11:54 PM

28,796 posts, read 11,761,734 times
On the EBV and it was probably at my first integrative MD visit, he did a lot of labs most MD's don't and one was the TPO which results came in higher but not way out of sight. I said what is this and he said EBV...so now I have a new label.

Then down the road another MD I was seeing and this was all for the Fibro dx, said many many are walking around with the EBV . Then over the years and taking the powerful antioxidant I take I never had this TPO tested again and I am OK, not sick, but a lot of aches and pains. And on 2 grains of desiccated thyroid support and my 1 drop of iodine daily.

Old 03-29-2019, 05:30 PM

8,113 posts, read 3,778,083 times
Quote:
What would cause my immune system to go into overdrive? Thank you for these links. I will read them carefully when I am done responding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
I think Yorktown just answered your question to me! That is very interesting!

We have a lot of the same symptoms but I don't have fibro. I did recently have DNA analysis through 23&Me & I chose the health profile in addition to the ethnic heredity report & it has explained a lot. There are websites that you can upload your data into that will decode certain health & pharmaceutical risks that you are genetically predisposed to but my new favorite is one that helps you tailor your diet & supplements specifically for your genes! There is a huge section devoted to Circadian issues (I discovered that I actually have a mutation on a gene called CRY2 that is found in people with seasonal depression), it's free & is compatible with 23&Me & AncestryDNA; so you don't even have to upload anything. All the articles provide the links to the peer-reviewed research studies that support them: https://www.geneticlifehacks.com/

Here are some of the articles you may be interested in:
Quote:
How Light At Night Could Double Your Risk of Cancer.

The World Health Organization listed ‘light at night’ as a possible carcinogen in 2007. That is an eye-opening statement for something that affects almost all of us ...

A few weeks ago a study was released that looked into breast cancer incidences and light at night in Israel. The study used spectral imaging – a satellite mapping method that looks at the color spectrum of light – to investigate a link between wavelengths of light and breast cancer. This was based on animal studies that showed that shorter wavelengths (the blue end of the light spectrum) were associated with increased breast cancer. The researchers factored in the socio-economic impact, age, ethnicity, and other environmental factors that increase the risk of breast cancer. The study showed that rather than all light at night being associated with increased breast cancer risk, only areas with more light in the blue wavelengths were at an increased risk ...
https://www.geneticlifehacks.com/lig...cer/#more-3125

There is a buying guide for the blue blocking glasses in this one:
Quote:
Blue-Blocking Glasses: Why? Which Ones?

For the first few nights, I really didn’t notice much of an effect from wearing the blue blocking glasses.

After a week of wearing the glasses every night for two hours before bed, I found that I was sleeping like the proverbial log. Then came a week or so of vivid dreaming.

The next week or two, I found myself waking early and in a really good mood. Like a humming to myself in the kitchen while making a cup of coffee at 6 am type of mood. It may have been termed “irritatingly pleasant” — with an expletive or two thrown in there – by certain family members…

It turns out that dopamine production is also controlled by the circadian clock and melatonin production. I think I was on a dopamine high for a bit.
https://www.geneticlifehacks.com/blu...hy-which-ones/

Quote:
Shining Genetic Light on Your Vitamin D Levels

... A study came out a couple of years ago that claimed there was a statistical error in the calculation for the recommended daily intake of vitamin D.

This error changed the supplemental doses needed by a factor of 10; instead of 600IU, some people may need 6000IU+ per day. More recent studies have backed this up, showing also that a person’s weight plays a big role in the amount of vitamin D needed for sufficiency.
https://www.geneticlifehacks.com/vitamin-d-genetics/

Even if you are not into the genetics, I hope there might be some useful information there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness