Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 08:51 AM

7,321 posts, read 4,115,298 times

Advertisements

Read the 4th Wave blog of a parent trying to deal with this and questioning the push for it.

https://4thwavenow.com

Old 04-07-2019, 09:34 AM

1,422 posts, read 1,027,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Read the 4th Wave blog of a parent trying to deal with this and questioning the push for it.

https://4thwavenow.com
Yes indeed, 4th wave has been around for a few years, perhaps as the leading online effort to help parents deal with the trans baloney affecting their kids.

The lead article exposing Tumblr as a major negative influence on kids is excellent:

Quote:
Helena is a 20-year-old woman who identified first as nonbinary, and later as a transgender man, from 2013 through 2018. In 2016, she began medical transition by taking testosterone, and detransitioned two years later. Helena was an avid Tumblr user during the time she thought she was trans. In retrospect she can see the profound influence the social media platform had on her life and the development of her trans identity — and the impact it continues to have on many young people. In this article, Helena dissects Tumblr as a platform, explaining to the uninitiated that its very structure lends itself to the self-referential ruminations of troubled teens. Teens attempting to navigate and find their place in the identity-besotted cyber-culture that has all but replaced in-person interactions in the 21st century.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:40 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahayana View Post
Transgenderism is a mental condition, not biological. Children should not be treated surgically or with drugs at all, since the majority will beome comfortable with their biological sexuality in time, whether gay or straight.
I disagree.

Between the (Gender) Lines: the Science of Transgender Identity - Science in the News

Old 04-07-2019, 10:04 AM

7,321 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Unfortunately, Harvard and Boston is ground zero for fake science. Dr. Spack made transgenderism he's cause and suddenly, there is a huge rise in transgenderism.

If you look at the history of United States, there are hysterical periods.

1) The Salem witch trials occurred in colonial Massachusetts between 1692 and 1693. More than 200 people were accused of practicing witchcraft—the Devil's magic—and 20 were executed. Eventually, the colony admitted the trials were a mistake and compensated the families of those convicted.

2) The alien abduction phenomenon after Orson Welles' War of the Worlds' radio show. People describe "subjectively real memories of being taken secretly unwillingly by apparently unhuman figures (aliens) and subjected to complex physical and psychological procedures".

3) In the 1970s, the diagnosis of dissociative identity disorder rose dramatically after the publication of the extremely popular book, Sybil, in 1973 (Dissociative Identity Disorder: I’m Not Sybil). In the 1970s alone, it is thought that more cases of DID were reported than in all of history since 1816 and the famous case of Mary Reynolds. Between 1991 and 1997, over 500 cases of DID were admitted to a single dissociative disorders treatment center in Dallas, Texas.

4) Day-care sex-abuse hysteria was a moral panic that occurred primarily in the 1980s and early 1990s featuring charges against day-care providers of several forms of child abuse, including Satanic ritual abuse. All proven false.

Boston doctor finds treating transgender youth a transforming experience

"Spack’s father, Abraham, was a nationally acclaimed Jewish educator in Boston, and his brother, Eliot, is a recognized Jewish educational leader. But now the 68-year-old physician and assistant professor at Harvard Medical School in his own fashion has joined the family business.

As the co-founder of the country’s first clinic devoted to treating children with gender disorders, and as a leading authority on transgender youth, Spack has found himself at the forefront of efforts to educate the public about a widely misunderstood condition and to help transgender people secure their fundamental rights.

“If we shun people, we never get the experience of knowing how special they are and understanding how courageous they are,” Spack told JTA.

A pediatric endocrinologist with deep roots in Boston’s Jewish community, Spack was first exposed to transgenderism, a medical condition in which individuals do not identify with the gender into which they were born, in the mid-1970s. Spack at the time was treating street kids as a volunteer on a medical van in Boston. Many of the young people were “throwaway kids,” Spack said, having been shunned by their families and schools for gender variant behavior."

https://www.jta.org/2012/01/19/lifes...ing-experience

These "throwaway kids" probably had bigger problems than gender

Old 04-07-2019, 10:49 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
These "throwaway kids" probably had bigger problems than gender
They were kicked out of their homes because of their gender identity.

Old 04-07-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Was there a 40% suicide rate in the concentration camps during WWII or on slave plantations in the USA?

No. The premise that outside factors cause suicide is false. There is no another demo that had the same "societal pressures" that has even CLOSE to a 40% suicide rate. Which is needed to prove the "theory."

Show of hands: Who HASN'T been called the wrong name? Did you kill yourself? No.

If killing yourself was a "normal" reaction, we'd all have committed suicide and the US would have zero population.

This is a demonstration of the religion of science. Basic common sense is tossed out the door, scientific method is faulty and false conclusions are rampant. People who believe this nonsense, like someone who kills themself because they were not called the right name is perfectly normal, are worshipping science, not thinking critically for themselves.
I take it that you do not think being bullied increases the risk of suicide? Is bullying not an "outside factor"?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5510935/

"While controlling for age, gender, grade, psychiatric diagnosis, and abuse, a history of bullying was the most significant predictor of suicidal ideation. Individuals in this study who reported cyber bullying were 11.5 times more likely to have suicidal ideation documented on presentation, while individuals reporting verbal bullying were 8.4 times more likely."

There is a difference between having someone call you the wrong name by mistake and someone deliberately refusing to use the name you prefer. Refusing to use the person's preferred name is bullying, and the name issue is just a proxy for one way transgender people are abused for their gender orientation.

Please tell us how the method used in that study was faulty and why the conclusion is false. Be specific, please.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:40 PM

1,422 posts, read 1,027,721 times
Another site useful in clearing away the fog from trans fans:

https://www.transgendertrend.com

Old 04-07-2019, 02:55 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I take it that you do not think being bullied increases the risk of suicide? Is bullying not an "outside factor"?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5510935/

"While controlling for age, gender, grade, psychiatric diagnosis, and abuse, a history of bullying was the most significant predictor of suicidal ideation. Individuals in this study who reported cyber bullying were 11.5 times more likely to have suicidal ideation documented on presentation, while individuals reporting verbal bullying were 8.4 times more likely."

There is a difference between having someone call you the wrong name by mistake and someone deliberately refusing to use the name you prefer. Refusing to use the person's preferred name is bullying, and the name issue is just a proxy for one way transgender people are abused for their gender orientation.

Please tell us how the method used in that study was faulty and why the conclusion is false. Be specific, please.
People call me by the wrong name all the time. In email, on the phone and by snail mail. On a daily basis.

And ... I don't care. It does not affect my life, it doesn't hinder my daily routine, I don't have any desire to kill myself and I certainly don't take the time to throw a tantrum or lecture others on how idiotic they are because they didn't know my name.

I don't expect people to be psychic around me., I don't explain my life story to every stranger I meet so they can "understand" my "feelings."

What other people think of me? None of my business. I don't care.

Now, the study: The method is faulty because it has never been replicated in other specific populations allegedly under the same social "bullying."

For the theory -- and that is all it is -- that external defined circumstances causes ANYONE to kill themselves to be proved scientifically, suicide needs to be demonstrated and documented in other populations under the same stress.

It's not. The study results cannot be replicated.

Find a study that proves 40% of African American slaves killed themselves, or 40% of Jews in concentration camps killed themselves. I would argue that both populations were exposed to more horror on a daily basis than the transgender population.

Yet they weren't killing themselves. Why? Because in spite of the horrific external circumstances experienced by Jews in concentration camps and slaves on plantations, they weren't mentally ill.

TG is mental illness. It's very clear. That's why the suicide rate is so high. And that's why you don't find that high suicide rate in other populations.

Old 04-07-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
People call me by the wrong name all the time. In email, on the phone and by snail mail. On a daily basis.

And ... I don't care. It does not affect my life, it doesn't hinder my daily routine, I don't have any desire to kill myself and I certainly don't take the time to throw a tantrum or lecture others on how idiotic they are because they didn't know my name.

I don't expect people to be psychic around me., I don't explain my life story to every stranger I meet so they can "understand" my "feelings."

What other people think of me? None of my business. I don't care.

Now, the study: The method is faulty because it has never been replicated in other specific populations allegedly under the same social "bullying."

For the theory -- and that is all it is -- that external defined circumstances causes ANYONE to kill themselves to be proved scientifically, suicide needs to be demonstrated and documented in other populations under the same stress.

It's not. The study results cannot be replicated.

Find a study that proves 40% of African American slaves killed themselves, or 40% of Jews in concentration camps killed themselves. I would argue that both populations were exposed to more horror than the transgender population.

Yet they weren't killing themselves. Why? Because in spite of the horrific external circumstances experienced by Jews in concentration camps and slaves on plantations, they were weren't mentally ill.

TG is mental illness. It's very clear. That's why the suicide rate is so high. And that's why you don't find that high suicide rate in other populations.
People call me by the wrong name, too. It is the intent that makes the difference. Mispronouncing my name because someone does not know me is different from someone intentionally refusing to use my correct name because they hate me.

The study about names was done to see the influence that social rejection has on suicidality in transgender persons. It shows that those who are accepted, as reflected by the use of their preferred name by family, friends, at work, and at school were less likely to be suicidal. It is relatively new. There is time for others to replicate it using a larger sample.

It turns out that your claim about suicide in Nazi concentration camps is false.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16006400

"Previous reports, based on limited reports from inmates who survived the Nazi concentration camps, have claimed that suicide was rare in the concentration camps. Using slightly more detailed, but nonetheless still limited, data from survivors of the camps, it is estimated that the suicide rates in the camp were most likely 25,000 per 100,000 per year or higher and, therefore, enormous!"

Note that is per year.

African slaves?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_Landing

You do not think "external circumstances" can lead to suicide? A few African slave examples:

http://nationalhumanitiescenter.org/...t2/suicide.pdf

You apparently have no idea of the horror some transgender people face. They are physically attacked, raped, and murdered just for being who they are.

https://www.hrc.org/resources/a-nati...merica-in-2018

You might have considered looking up the information on concentration camps and slaves before you made the claims that suicides did not occur.

Old 04-08-2019, 05:22 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Those "sources" do not provide any evidence regarding a 40% suicide rate in other populations. I never once said suicides did not occur -- go copy and paste and quote me -- that's you moving the goalposts because you can't find any information to support the 40% suicide. That stat is what needs to be proved in another population.

Find a scientific study that is peer-reviewed and published -- not folklore, nonprofit political organizations, or wikipedia pages -- that shows 40% of another population kills themselves because of external circumstance in other populations.

TG mental illness. That's why there is such an incredibly high suicide rate that has not been demonstrated in any other population. And continuing to ignore this fact?

More TG are killing themselves because they are not getting the help they so desperately need. Ignoring the mental illness is contributing to the suicide rate.

Moving on.

Last edited by newtovenice; 04-08-2019 at 06:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness