Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 10:39 AM

11,049 posts, read 6,637,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
It's the sole reason people have cosmetic procedures but don't want to admit it. .
How do you know this for a fact? People do all kinds of things for their own comfort. Like a reduction.

I've had a couple other things done solely for myself and my comfort; no one else knew or cared.

Of course, implants are not in this category!

Old 04-06-2019, 10:44 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Fake breasts suck, the minute I realized this woman I was dating had fake ones. I was done, didn't ask for another date. I've dated women that didn't have much of a chest and we had a serious relationship for 3 years. It's all about personality and how a woman carries herself such as taking care of their body and not becoming some overweight slug.
The woman I refer to at the beginning of the thread with so many problems from implants and now she is in advanced memory loss, was so so vain, in all of her life issues. Pretty woman but oh boy the issues.

Old 04-06-2019, 12:55 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayneluyt View Post
I really am not looking to get huge boobs. Simply moving up to a B cup or small C because I really don't have anything going on at the moment and I am still very concerned with them looking natural and proportional to my body.
If you were an A or AA cup, I could see it. A B cup isn't that small. 19 is pretty young to make that kind of decision. I'd wait a few years and see if you can develop a healthier body image.

Old 04-06-2019, 01:21 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
Give you're life- time to develop , the impatience of youth lead to so many mistakes, some irreversible .

Old 04-06-2019, 01:48 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,810,120 times
OP, getting back to some of the "other" considerations that haven't really been discussed much in the thread: the resulting benefits to self esteem/body image. This is anecdotal of course and pretty long, but worth considering. You can research the potential health problems associated with implant surgery until your eyes water...the information about risks and complications have been around forever, but it's quite another to look into how women actually ended up feeling about this cosmetic alternation of themselves. It isn't always positive.

One of my siblings had breast augmentation done many years ago so has had a lot of time to reflect back on it. Her surgery wasn't extreme and it was done purely to boost her self image; very similar to your motivation. She was extremely secretive about the whole thing and the augmentation was so subtle literally no one noticed. Well, eventually when she married her husband obviously knew but that was about it. She eventually told me when she had a recent mammography scare and we discussed it quite a lot. Hope it provides you with some context.

What she didn't expect was how little it changed her confidence or her sense of self worth. SHE still knew what she was seeing wasn't HERS. It was artificial, alien, and the result of vanity she couldn't get past. She felt she had to get herself "fixed" in order to "fit" in with others, to be seen in a more favorable light. To feel worthy. That didn't change even though the details of the reason why had changed. She was still self conscious, still dissatisfied, almost more than before because of the extent she had felt it was necessary to go to. Her personal dissatisfaction with herself had very little to do with glands. She realized that she did expect some sort of recognition of her improved physical appearance from others, but because she didn't do anything very obvious she didn't really get it. She kept telling herself she didn't really care but she did. Admitting that was difficult and she ended up feeling a little ashamed of that need. In a way it was a very very expensive padded bra that just didn't register with anyone else. There was a daily reminder every time she dressed and how little anything changed for the better. She even felt that she'd been coerced into this one-time fix instead of learning to value herself for herself and not place so much importance on the physical.

She hasn't had any of the more serious health problems implants can create, but they were not trouble free. She fought encapsulation and more scarring on one side. Healing took a lot longer than she expected and was fairly painful. Her later pregnancy affected the position of the implants and they did cause trouble when she breast fed her daughter. There was more discomfort during and after pregnancy. She doesn't like their post pregnancy-breastfeeding feeling or appearance either. OK, of course she knew that unaugmented breasts are altered by childbearing, but the implants are more apparent now than they were before because they don't have the same feeling or appearance as the hormone-influenced tissue around them. Mammograms are more complicated (and not to be dismissed lightly...I had breast cancer so her familial risk was automatically heightened because of it). Every year she gets that little additional worry that they will hide an early stage tumor. She had to have the originals replaced eventually and the scarring from the second surgery was more extensive than the first and her recovery was longer. She considered not replacing them but by then her skin had stretched so much that she would have been left with "empty" saggy breasts that bothered her even more than what she started off with. She felt sort of trapped into continuing to replace the implants.

All in all she has more regrets than satisfaction.

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-06-2019 at 03:09 PM..

Old 04-06-2019, 03:55 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,648,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Implants have improved since they invented the wheel. Old age has consequences.... like memory loss, hearing loss, and the like.
OMG - this is so irresponsible. Slicing into one's body and stuffing foreign objects into it is a violent act - and it is not without consequences, many which will not appear immediately.

The OP, like others, wants a "quick fix" for a part of her body she is rejecting as being somehow "sub-standard."

It's just not a mentally or physically healthy way to deal with unacceptance of oneself.

People don't even explore the cultural pressures to preform these unhealthy acts - and doctors/hospitals/pharms are complicit, of course, as they profit off of people's neuroses.

And no one questions why we came to demand fake boobs - how's about we start pressuring males to have penis implants to make them bigger? It's just a societal sickness.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:59 PM

7,125 posts, read 12,661,810 times
Please learn to love your wonderful body as it is...your self-worth is not keyed to your breast size....

I have friends who are large-breasted who comment on my smaller breasts with envy. I can easily go bra-less and don't have bra shoulder strap groves cut into my skin as can happen with larger-sized bras having to support more weight.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:27 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Ok, I have a question. Are your current breasts really dense? Are you really, REALLY flat?

I ask because that was me and I had implants. I see my daughter who is 15 developing EXACTLY the same way I did. She probably will never have more than she does now and her breasts are REALLY dense, what little she has.

So here's MY story. Hopefully it is helpful to you. I had them when I was 21. I didn't want to be huge. I just wanted to be proportional just like you. A B or maybe small C.

The turned out ok but they kind of got hard. I had just moved to California so I went to a random plastic surgeon to see if anything could be done. He squeezed them really hard to break the capsule and the pain was so bad, I thought I might pass out. For the next 30 years, all was fine. I like having them for the most part, but I always felt self conscious about having them, especially when I was with someone intimately. Of course I didn't realize that tons of women had them. When I was around 30, I had some pain and what felt like a lump on the left side and I have my first ever mammogram which revealed nothing. I was told I had dense breasts and very little breast tissue of my own.They told me the pain might be cysts from caffeine and to scale back on coffee so I did. I NEVER worried about cancer because of the little tissue of my own thing. I sometimes wondered if I should have them replaced because I had had them for 30 years. My doctor consulted with a plastic surgeon who told me if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I had no reason to believe there was a problem. Massages were uncomfortable being on my chest.

When I was 51, I started feeling pain in that EXACT same spot where I had it when I was 30. It got progressively worse. I went to my OB who ordered a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound which revealed nothing. But the pain got worse and I went back to my OB about 9 months later. He said 'It doesn't present like cancer' and gave me another order for a mammogram and diagnostic ultrasound which again, which I sat on for 6 months because of what he said. Again, it revealed nothing but a technician suggested we biopsy which, as you may have guested by now, revealed cancer.

Did the implants cause the cancer? I have no idea. I have done extensive reading about it since then. Scar tissue has been mentioned with regard to cancer but who knows. What I do know is that dense breast tissue is a risk factor and I didn't know that. NO ONE ever said to me 'Dense breasts are a risk factor for cancer'. But this is what I do know. They ALWAYS had trouble getting a mammogram and seeing anything. They would shove my implants into the machine and it was excruciating. They do have 3-D imaging now so that is better. But I think part of the reason they didn't find anything was because most of my breasts WERE implants and they made it really hard to see anything.

By the time they found it, I had it in two lymph nodes which meant a trip to the chemo ward and radiation even after a double mastectomy.

I didn't worry one single bit about breast cancer. 1 in EIGHT women get it during their lifetime.

I was in France last summer on the French riviera. I don't think I saw ANYONE with implants over there. There were even a few topless women on the beach. I lamented ever having it done. Those women were beautiful. My body is scarred.

I don't want to give you the be happy with what you've got speech because I understand how you feel better than anyone who has posted on here yet. People made fun of me. It hurt. But at 19, my best advice to you is to wait. Get an education. Develop your interests and get some confidence that way. With whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

Old 04-06-2019, 05:58 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
I have a question as I am reading all the replies she has received...

Do ANY of you have breast implants that do NOT have something to do with cancer as the reason you had them done aka reconstruction, in the first place? THAT is what she is looking for. And NOT someone who "knows" someone.... the actual person.

The REAL story of someone who was flat chested and wanted a change to feel more "herself" instead of the ridicule of of not having boobs.. "like other women". She is not asking for HUGE breasts, just to be "normal". Is it THAT difficult for all of you to understand that?

She doesn't need to hear from " I had a friend", or I had a reduction, or I heard. She needs other women who are or were i her place.

GEEZ LADIES we are here to help her..not make her life decisions more complicated. She has done her homework- realize that!

She is 19 years old .....THINK ABOUT THAT --- if she is asking, there IS a reason!

from the replies NOT MANY OF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT HER----!!!

Old 04-06-2019, 06:01 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
OMG - this is so irresponsible. Slicing into one's body and stuffing foreign objects into it is a violent act - and it is not without consequences, many which will not appear immediately.

The OP, like others, wants a "quick fix" for a part of her body she is rejecting as being somehow "sub-standard."

It's just not a mentally or physically healthy way to deal with unacceptance of oneself.

People don't even explore the cultural pressures to preform these unhealthy acts - and doctors/hospitals/pharms are complicit, of course, as they profit off of people's neuroses.

And no one questions why we came to demand fake boobs - how's about we start pressuring males to have penis implants to make them bigger? It's just a societal sickness.
I wasn’t advocating for breast implants, but merely saying that there have been safety improvements in the 50 years since the person I am addressings anecdotal tale of breast augmentation. Which.. could also have been the consequences of aging in whole or part.
As far as men getting penis augmentation... if it were viable and affordable a woman probably couldn’t get an appointment for a breast augmentation for all the men who’d be wanting a bigger Johnson.
Not sure why you even brought men into this..... maybe you were thinking that I am one? ... NOPE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness