Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 10:40 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Bright yellow urine is from vitamin B2; it just means you are excreting that vitamin. I do agree your urine should be a pale yellow color. Cloudy or darker color urine is a sign of dehydration, infection, or some other type of illness.
I tend to believe it's mostly from drinking so little water. I saw this in my parent's lives and they drank some water when they were thirsty only. We didn't have this huge water campaign in their days nor mine growing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 12:56 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I tend to believe it's mostly from drinking so little water. I saw this in my parent's lives and they drank some water when they were thirsty only. We didn't have this huge water campaign in their days nor mine growing up.
Maybe this link will help: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/313779.php

It states:

Quote:
Bright yellow urine is a sign of excess B-vitamins in the body, including B-2 and B-12, although this condition is harmless. Taking B-vitamin supplements can lead to urine of this color. The yellow color darkens as the concentration of the urine increases. Concentration refers the proportion of waste products to water.
There is even a chart of urine colors and what they mean.

Old 04-10-2019, 12:59 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
Too much fluid intake can strain your kidneys. Keep in mind that you get fluids each day from the food you eat also.

You are drinking 100 ounces of water per day, plus getting lots of fluids from food you eat. You may be taking in too much fluid in total.

From The Mayo Clinic website:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...r/art-20044256

Water: How much should you drink every day?

So how much fluid does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine determined that an adequate daily fluid intake is:
  • About 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids for men
  • About 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day for women
These recommendations cover fluids from water, other beverages and food. About 20 percent of daily fluid intake usually comes from food and the rest from drinks.

Even with the food counted in, she's not drinking that much more water than recommended.
And we haven't even talked about insensible losses from exercise.

To another post: 3 liters of water is hardly A TON of water.

Old 04-10-2019, 01:23 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Maybe this link will help: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/313779.php

It states:

There is even a chart of urine colors and what they mean.
I've seen those charts and I've had yellow urine and at this point in my life I like clearer pee. People don't drink enough clean quality water overall. I'm not talking counting in coffee and juices and sodas, etc...

Old 04-10-2019, 04:31 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
If I drank water when only thirsty I'd be so dehydrated...that's why so many are, they drink only when thirsty, I don't buy that one. I know some older folks from yrs back and drank only when thirsty and their urine was a bright yellow, I don't want that color. Pale yellow or almost clear works in my body.

https://www.webmd.com/brain/news/200...er-with-thirst

This has been known for a long time - "older people's" sense of thirst is not as good as younger....so yeah, that explains why you have to drink when you're not thirsty.

I guess I haven't hit "that age" yet and I absolutely hate forcing liquids unless I'm sick. I always have a drink of something at my side and I'll sip it, but I never consciously say to myself "now take a drink of water!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness