Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 03:18 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
??? You'd rather stress out worrying that you might be getting bad readings from the hospital's machine, rather than take the simple step of bringing your own machine when you have a check up? It's not like you have to use it at other times, it's simply an alternative to the hospital's machines, since you feel the hospital machines aren't giving accurate readings. To each his own, but that seems like such a simple solution to your problem. It's your life, though, and I'm sure you have your reasons.
What?? I'm not stressing out!!! I simply brought this topic up as it was from another member on another group where I'm a member. I have resigned myself to a couple BP meds and a couple supps for even better BP control. I'm not stressing. But at my next visit, in about a year, I'll take note of the machines used and ask for manual.

I have a monitor that needs batteries and when I get a new supply I'll do a check out of curiosity, for years I freaked out as I didn't want to take meds but as I said resignation.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:07 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,974,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellacatahoula View Post
Let me clarify. When I speak of "the establishment" i did not intend to disrespect the hard working forces of the medical profession. My distrust of "the establishment" is focused towards corporate entities who have turned a human connection between caregiver and patient into an intense focus into profitability. Health care systems, insurance companies, pharmaceutical corporations, etc. They all have lobbyists doing their behind the scene presentations with politicians for more money! I miss the days that what my doctor did or did not do was based on what he thought was best for me. Not what is more profitable for the corporation.
What corporation, exactly? Is your doctor part of a corporation? If so, get a new PCP.

I don't "miss the days" that my doctor did what she thought was best for me, because she does do what is best for me, and she always has. Again, get a new doctor if you think yours isn't working on your behalf, but don't blame all doctors for something you have a suspicion about regarding yours and spread ideas that they're all just out for money.

And, again, insurance companies don't pay for unnecessary treatment, so don't keep saying they're all in this conspiracy together.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:18 PM

3,550 posts, read 3,112,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
What?? I'm not stressing out!!! I simply brought this topic up as it was from another member on another group where I'm a member. I have resigned myself to a couple BP meds and a couple supps for even better BP control. I'm not stressing. But at my next visit, in about a year, I'll take note of the machines used and ask for manual.

I have a monitor that needs batteries and when I get a new supply I'll do a check out of curiosity, for years I freaked out as I didn't want to take meds but as I said resignation.

I'm glad to hear you aren't stressing out. But now I'm curious what your goal was in posting this. If the question was brought up by a member of another group, how will our posts help him? Or is the point to spread worry? (And if so, why? Ironically, in telling people they can't trust doctors when it comes to determining HBP, you cause the sort of stress that raises HBP.) If you feel doctors are deceiving people, why do you continue taking the medication they've prescribed for you? I'm not trying to put you on the spot, just curious. It feels like there's more to this story.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:26 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
I'm glad to hear you aren't stressing out. But now I'm curious what your goal was in posting this. If the question was brought up by a member of another group, how will our posts help him? Or is the point to spread worry? (And if so, why? Ironically, in telling people they can't trust doctors when it comes to determining HBP, you cause the sort of stress that raises HBP.) If you feel doctors are deceiving people, why do you continue taking the medication they've prescribed for you? I'm not trying to put you on the spot, just curious. It feels like there's more to this story.
This same subject has been brought up enough times right on this forum. BP issues have been discussed many times. And yes it's occurred to me plenty of times how BP meds are probably the most prescribed drugs in the U.S. And are they really needed, so many factors in the BP world.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:31 PM

3,550 posts, read 3,112,174 times
LOL, think I've figured this one out. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness