Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 04:38 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,739 times

Advertisements

I did a quick search and found that green smoothies make some people burp, so I suspect that might be the culprit for you.

As for me, I rarely burp, rarely feel bloated, and never have lack of appetite after a medium-sized meal. The only thing that is guaranteed to give me gas is anything with sorbitol in it, like a low-carb energy bar. I hope you can figure out what causes these problems for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 06:57 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post

You can tell me about the farting too, if you feel like.

You have to ask a person's friends and family members to learn the truth about that. If they have no friends or family members, that might tell you something.

Old 05-03-2019, 07:39 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,382,548 times
I think what's normal for me might be abnormal for you, and vice versa.

I do burp a lot. My doctor says it's from taking in too much air, gulping drinks or eating too fast. But they didn't hurt and don't make me nauseous.

Husband claims I can burp the alphabet, but that's not true. I can only do the vowels. Aaaaa Eeeeee...
Oooh, and I can make myself burp whenever I want!

I'm not gonna discuss far+s

Old 05-03-2019, 10:24 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,323,543 times
The breakfast you described is NOT small.
Due to problems with your pancreas you could be better off with small amounts of food 4-5 times a day.
It sounds to me that you may have a low acid stomach- which impedes digestion, hence the food is just fermenting in your stomach causing gas( burping from both ends)
Easy on carbs and raw vegetables, truly small meals mechanically processed - meatballs, not steaks. Try to eat very slowly chewing very thoroughly..
Try chewing a bit of gum before dinner- like 30-40 min before to jump start your digestion
It may help

Old 05-03-2019, 11:16 PM

3,318 posts, read 1,816,761 times
I eat. Twice a day.
I drink. Constantly.
I pee. Way more than ever ... like 12 times a day.
I $hit. Once (or twice) in the morning.
I only burp if I eat too fast. Which happens.
I am not a vegan, a vegetarian, an octogenarian or a Patriot's fan.

Am I abnormal?

Old 05-04-2019, 05:47 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,404,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
The breakfast you described is NOT small.
Due to problems with your pancreas you could be better off with small amounts of food 4-5 times a day.
It sounds to me that you may have a low acid stomach- which impedes digestion, hence the food is just fermenting in your stomach causing gas( burping from both ends)
Easy on carbs and raw vegetables, truly small meals mechanically processed - meatballs, not steaks. Try to eat very slowly chewing very thoroughly..
Try chewing a bit of gum before dinner- like 30-40 min before to jump start your digestion
It may help
The breakfast was only 230Kcal, so in that sense it was small.

Yes, I already eat 5+ meals a day — breakfast #1, breakfast #2, lunch #1, lunch #2, dinner, then maybe a snack later. Each meal is between 200 and 350Kcal

I’ll have to look into the low stomach acid thing— thanks!

I have to eat a lot of carbs since I am eating virtually fat free (pancreatitis diet). If I ate fat free *and* low carb, I’d just be having lots of protein and I can’t really do that anyway since I have to restrict even low fat protein — it is the fattiest part of my diet.

The only veggies I eat raw are tomatoes and cucumbers. Everything else I cook. (I’m not eating lettuce.)

Yes, I eat slowly and try to chew thoroughly.

I am avoiding gum due to sorbitol content.

I also try to avoid whole grains and very difficult to digest vegetables. The only cruciferous vegetable I eat is kale and I also cook it first.

Before anyone says that this diet is not normal or healthy. Yes, I am aware of that and it is the healthiest for me right now given my condition. It would not be healthy for most of the population.

I was wondering if my digestive system response to this diet is normal and am realizing two things. First, that it probably still isn’t completely. And second, that it is hard to say for sure since so few people eat like this. Also, the relatively large amount of car pubs might be an issue.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:14 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
I was hospitalized for 11 days in 2017 for severe pancreatitis thought to be caused by a gallstone blocking the duct. Normal lipase serums are between 23-300, mine were 6000 when I was admitted to the hospital. My gallbladder was removed and I've noticed since then that I am much more gassy than I ever was in my life. As for burping that is rare unless I lay on my left side within a few hours of eating. Weird.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:48 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,404,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I was hospitalized for 11 days in 2017 for severe pancreatitis thought to be caused by a gallstone blocking the duct. Normal lipase serums are between 23-300, mine were 6000 when I was admitted to the hospital. My gallbladder was removed and I've noticed since then that I am much more gassy than I ever was in my life. As for burping that is rare unless I lay on my left side within a few hours of eating. Weird.
Interesting.

So, do you feel that aside from the extra gas you are more or less back to normal? Or are you still restricting your diet?

Old 05-04-2019, 10:51 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
I had problems getting my gut back to normal after my bout with diverticulitis. It was a long process. I had pain before elimination for months afterwards.

I took those gut bacteria tabs, but I could honestly never tell any difference when I took them. I ate yogurt. I ate some fermented foods. I really just tried to eat normally. But my stomach and gut sure protested for a long time.

Have you visited a doc about this? Or a nutritionist? I think that is the direction I would go, with your longstanding problems.

Old 05-04-2019, 11:50 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I think you need to consider what caused you pancreantitis.

Mine was a blocked bile duct, fixed that, no eating considerations.

"Normal" for digestion depends on the person, there is no standard answer.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness