Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 09:37 AM

419 posts, read 388,422 times

Advertisements

Over a month ago, someone posted on here requesting information about breast implants. Since I have one due to cancer surgery, I answered and pointed out that MRI's were recommended every 2 - 3 years for those with silicone implants. Someone anonymously just left me a comment saying BS and I should keep my mouth shut. I would like to point out to this person that the FDA website says as a recommendation to physicians to:

"Screen for silent rupture using MRI. Women with silicone gel-filled breast implants should undergo MRI screening for silent implant ruptures at 3 years post-implantation, and every 2 years thereafter."

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/...cutive-summary

And to the coward who sent me the message, I'll only say thanks for the rep.

Old 05-05-2019, 09:44 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillRoaming View Post
Over a month ago, someone posted on here requesting information about breast implants. Since I have one due to cancer surgery, I answered and pointed out that MRI's were recommended every 2 - 3 years for those with silicone implants. Someone anonymously just left me a comment saying BS and I should keep my mouth shut. I would like to point out to this person that the FDA website says as a recommendation to physicians to:

"Screen for silent rupture using MRI. Women with silicone gel-filled breast implants should undergo MRI screening for silent implant ruptures at 3 years post-implantation, and every 2 years thereafter."

Yes, their comments sound stupid and ignorant.

Thanks for the clarification and info...

Old 05-05-2019, 09:45 AM

130,568 posts, read 12,152,083 times
I really wish CD would make the, comment sender, visible. Not much more cowardly than a snarky comment & no signature.

Old 05-05-2019, 09:53 AM

419 posts, read 388,422 times
Thanks greatblueheron and evening sun. I also wish people couldn't just hit and run anonymously. That defeats the whole purpose of meaningful conversations where we can learn from each other.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:03 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,737,973 times
Quote:

Moderators can ID posters who comment anonymously. So, if the comment was rude and/or in any way a TOS violation, you can report it and they can take appropriate action.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:43 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,076,199 times
Still Roaming: I, too, have a breast implant due to cancer. I was never told to get an MRI and so, after 10 years with the implant I finally got the breast MRI. Oh brother. It took a long time, hurt my shoulders to keep them above my head, and the result was "intact."

But, I recently learned it's a textured silicone implant. Now, as you probably know, there are more things to worry about with this. I have many inflammation symptoms and stuff wrong but explanting is not going to happen. I am too old. Other than just ignoring these symptoms, what else can you do?

I appreciate you taking the time to post. Some people are definitely not educated on breast implants.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,415,048 times
You deserve a lot of reps for your whole ordeal, my dear. Take care.

Old 05-05-2019, 01:20 PM

17,610 posts, read 13,401,998 times
Quote:

Unfortunately, there are a lot of cowards around here with holier than thou attitudes.

Thank God you are alive and well and able to FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR'S orders

Keep on keeping on!!!

Old 05-05-2019, 02:36 PM

50,399 posts, read 47,145,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I really wish CD would make the, comment sender, visible. Not much more cowardly than a snarky comment & no signature.
a mod can tell you who it was

Old 05-05-2019, 02:40 PM

54 posts, read 35,948 times
Quote:

You don't need to make a formal announcement because a rep pissed you off. Keep it to yourself please ignore the fool
Yet so kind of you to share your experiences and knowledge. Good job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness