Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 09:32 PM

1,149 posts, read 935,305 times

Advertisements

Never heard of this. May not shave legs each day in the shower, like during the winter, but definitely wash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 09:41 PM

3,135 posts, read 2,260,309 times
I didn’t know washing your legs was even an option. What is wrong with people? Didn’t their mommy teach them how to bathe?

Old 05-16-2019, 10:16 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i also thought it was silly but it seems for a totally different reason.

why would you go in the shower to wash yourself and not wash your legs? are legs magically self cleaning?
Are they dirty in the first place? Washing them is a waste of time.

Old 05-17-2019, 04:03 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,547,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Are they dirty in the first place? Washing them is a waste of time.
If you are out in shorts or a bathing suit, gardening or have sun screen or bug spray on them, yes they are dirty,

BUT, if you wear pants all day in a clean environment, no they aren't dirty,

BUT they have thousands of dead skin cells on them.

Washing them IS NOT a waste of time, so use a little big of energy, bend over and wash them with a soapy wash cloth or scrubbie. Only takes half a minute, so no big deal.

Old 05-17-2019, 04:08 AM

8 posts, read 3,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
OMG. I guess I have just always assumed that when people take a shower, that they thoroughly scrub their entire body.
Yes, me too. I'm surprised to learn that many people do not wash their legs in the shower. I'm not judging (as some have mentioned, dry skin). I just assumed every part of the body is washed in the shower - at least that's what I do, well, except for some hard to reach areas of my back.

Old 05-17-2019, 04:21 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I never get in the shower thinking, “Oh my legs are so dirty! I’d better make sure I scrub them daily!” But why wouldn’t I wash them when I’m already in the shower anyway? It isn’t hard to do and only takes a few seconds. I mean, you could argue that several body parts don’t really get smelly or visibly dirty, but does that mean they should be excluded from washing when taking a shower?
Why wouldn't you wash them?
Well, there is a difference between washing something and scrubbing it with soap.
Dermatologists don't recommend routine scrubbing of distal limbs with soap. Feet and hands are different.

I do anyway bc it feels good to use my particular soap as shaving cream (Jack Black Turbo) and there is something soothing about scrubbing my arms.

But no...not recommended by skin experts.

As for sweat, how many "surprised" people here just admitted they dont scrub their back? Which is way oilier/sweatier.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:34 AM

880 posts, read 532,327 times
Such random viral stuff.....start from the face and work my way down. Everything gets a good wipe down.

I don't bathe everyday though....which seems to be a controversy in itself

Old 05-17-2019, 05:37 PM

32,943 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I used to be shocked at the questions asked here. I will never be shocked again. Ask anyone who was around in 2016 when the realism (or not) of Barbie vs. a human woman's measurements was discussed for about 800 posts
I know! Why doesn't someone start a new thread about shaving various body parts?

Old 05-17-2019, 06:43 PM

32,943 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellybelly83 View Post
Such random viral stuff.....start from the face and work my way down. Everything gets a good wipe down.

I don't bathe everyday though....which seems to be a controversy in itself
Ewww! Don't be in the same room with me! LoL If you don't shower daily, you must be smelly and dirty. The people who shower two or three times a day think that those who only shower once are smelly and dirty. The people who take baths can never really clean because they've soaked in their own filth, and so on.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:03 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,267,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I don't scrub my legs every day. A few times per week, I guess, when I exfoliate and shave (with shower gel, which is soap). I suppose I really don't get all that dirty. I usually wear long pants or capris, I keep my legs shaved most of the time, and I have an office-type job in a climate-controlled environment, so I'm not sweating. How dirty can my legs really get?
One of the oddities of menopause was no longer needing to shave my legs. There’s no longer anything to shave. I did find two hairs on my shin last week and I tweezed them. That’ll teach them.

So I wash my legs in the shower.

However. My upper lip and chin needs daily maintenance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness