Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 06:34 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times

Advertisements

The flexible fiber-optic colonoscope replaced the rigid (and limited) procto-sigmoidoscope -- just as table-type fluoroscopes and better local anesthesia took a lot of the insecurity out of the once-dreaded lumbar puncture (spinal tap); I've recently been a thankful beneficiary of both improvements.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:21 PM

6,814 posts, read 10,510,104 times
Almost anyone can go a day without eating without ill effects unless they have a specific medical issue that prevents it. I do it all the time - it is slight discomfort and low energy - no big deal. The human body has been designed to tolerate this quite well because throughout our history food was not always 100% reliable. You should get the colonoscopy to rule out something more serious like cancer so you can peace of mind, or if it is cancer you can start to do something about instead of keeping your head in the sand.

Old 05-15-2019, 11:13 PM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times
Don't be a weenie. If this is the worst thing you have to do this month be grateful. You won't die from a day of fasting. Drink clear broth. It may not be as yummy as pizza, but it will keep you from being very hungry. Also keep busy so you don't focus on it all day.

Old 05-16-2019, 12:06 AM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Go back and read the advice you got months ago. Then go OMG a whole day without food, then get your scope.

Or just keep going to the emergency room and itching randomly and bleeding AND FREAKING OUT BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS.

Your choice.

Old 05-16-2019, 05:32 AM

4,242 posts, read 946,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You should follow your physician's advice.....he is the only one who has examined you and knows what he is looking for, anyone here is just making guesses, uneducated ones at that....
Or she!!!!

Old 05-16-2019, 07:33 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
This is the most ridiculous post I've read on C-D. You don't want a scope... because you're AFRAID TO GO A DAY WITHOUT EATING?!!!?!? You can't be serious?!?

And you eat a frozen pizza... 4 nights a week?!? as a ...4th meal.... and only weigh... 160 pounds...
Do you have a tape worm?

Old 05-16-2019, 08:22 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
10 years ago at age 50, the prep was Fleet phospho-soda. That was kind of nasty. You had to drink big volumes of it twice and sitting on the toilet was basically a space shuttle launch. I had another one a couple of months ago. The new prep is way better. You mix the stuff twice with maybe a pint of water and chug. The session on the toilet isn't the violent rocket launch. The La-La Land drug they give you before the procedure works great and you're up and fully functional minutes after the procedure is over.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:40 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerezz7 View Post
I’m 34 and my GI doctor wants me to have a colonoscopy because of my symptoms. My symptoms are itchy and pain sometimes when I use the bathroom. There is also blood on the tissue sometimes when I wipe myself. The itching is what bothers me the most. I could be walking down the street and it randomly start itching.

I was suppose to get a colonoscopy months ago and posted a thread on here about it months ago but never got the colonoscopy. A few weeks ago my butt was hurting me so bad that I had to go to the emergency room. They gave me Lidocaine there and it numbed the pain. My GI doctor wants me to do a colonoscopy this Friday. I am nervous and don’t know if I can go a whole day without eating. I’m 5’8 160 but just don’t know if I can go a whole day without eating. I’m also nervous about the prep drink too and 2 pills I have to take. The not eating part is bothering me.

When I went to the emergency room they gave me a stool sample and it was negative

I really don’t want this colonoscopy test cause of the reasons I mentioned and plus I think it’s hemms. The test is this Friday. Should I reschedule? Should I do this test?

Edit: another thing I forgot to mention is that I usually eat Digorno pizza 4 nights a week. I don’t eat it for dinner though, it’s my late night snack around 9pm 3-4 nights a week. Not sure if this is relative to my situation but just wanted to mention it

Ask yourself this. Would I rather have a colposcopy or a Colostomy bag?

Old 05-16-2019, 09:48 AM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
This is the most ridiculous post I've read on C-D. You don't want a scope... because you're AFRAID TO GO A DAY WITHOUT EATING?!!!?!? You can't be serious?!?

And you eat a frozen pizza... 4 nights a week?!? as a ...4th meal.... and only weigh... 160 pounds...
Do you have a tape worm?
You might be onto something. A tapeworm would make him so hungry that he'd be afraid to go without food for a day. And it might cause bleeding and itching.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:52 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,691,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
10 years ago at age 50, the prep was Fleet phospho-soda. That was kind of nasty. You had to drink big volumes of it twice and sitting on the toilet was basically a space shuttle launch. I had another one a couple of months ago. The new prep is way better. You mix the stuff twice with maybe a pint of water and chug. The session on the toilet isn't the violent rocket launch. The La-La Land drug they give you before the procedure works great and you're up and fully functional minutes after the procedure is over.
I had one done 9 yrs ago and don’t remember violent toilet sessions. More like peeing out the butt, no pain or other nastiness other than going so OFTEN was a drag. The fasting was tolerable but I sure didn’t exercise that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness