Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 09:19 PM

134 posts, read 342,970 times

Advertisements

I'm so lost I don't know what the first step should be. I'm concerned he might have a brain tumor, stroke(?) or blockage affecting his concentration and delay of retrieval of info he should know - brother's name, burger preference. It was significant enough that his boss sent him twice. It just appeared one day and now 2 months later, he has improved but not even close to how he was before this started.

He suddenly developed tics he cannot control. sometimes affecting one of his arms. He now agrees to seek medical attention except, he quit his job 2 months ago when this started and he has no health insurance. This is the FIRST time he agreed to see a doc though he did see a health clinic 2 months ago where he had normal blood test results.

I do have open enrollment coming up in July, which coverage will not start till August.

He would have to see our family doc as a new patient since he hasn't been there in 3 years and it will take 6 weeks for an appointment. I wanted to take him to the emergency room when this first started ...not sure if that is even the proper route to go.

Thoughts???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 09:30 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
He has trouble recalling his brother's name and new tics???????

Ya I'd get him to the ER like yesterday or if he truly resists...call the doc stat and tell them all his symptoms. No way he'd have to wait 6 weeks. Normal blood tests mean nothing right now. He should have been seen upon first symptoms.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:41 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
When exactly did he quit his job? Did he have medical insurance with the job? It might still be possible to get cobra, I don't remember if you have 45 or 60 days to pick up cobra after quitting a job.

Old 05-23-2019, 01:14 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
What was he seen for two months ago wen they did labs?

Old 05-23-2019, 04:51 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
If you suspect he's having a stroke i'd get him to emergency ASAP

Old 05-23-2019, 08:56 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
He has trouble recalling his brother's name and new tics???????

Ya I'd get him to the ER like yesterday or if he truly resists...call the doc stat and tell them all his symptoms. No way he'd have to wait 6 weeks. Normal blood tests mean nothing right now. He should have been seen upon first symptoms.

Oh my...I agree. Don't play around with his health....!!!

Old 05-23-2019, 04:31 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
This sounds like a serious and possibly complicated problem, he should be seen by
a doctor ASAP.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:24 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,308 times
That sounds neurological. Go to the doctor.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:28 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Go ASAP to the emergency room.

Different states have different help. Here in Florida we have MOPED which covers the uninsured.

You can maybe retroactively get him on your insurance.

Go now and figure the money side up later.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:51 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTess View Post
I'm so lost I don't know what the first step should be. I'm concerned he might have a brain tumor, stroke(?) or blockage affecting his concentration and delay of retrieval of info he should know - brother's name, burger preference. It was significant enough that his boss sent him twice. It just appeared one day and now 2 months later, he has improved but not even close to how he was before this started.

He suddenly developed tics he cannot control. sometimes affecting one of his arms. He now agrees to seek medical attention except, he quit his job 2 months ago when this started and he has no health insurance. This is the FIRST time he agreed to see a doc though he did see a health clinic 2 months ago where he had normal blood test results.

I do have open enrollment coming up in July, which coverage will not start till August.

He would have to see our family doc as a new patient since he hasn't been there in 3 years and it will take 6 weeks for an appointment. I wanted to take him to the emergency room when this first started ...not sure if that is even the proper route to go.

Thoughts???
It could be ischemic stroke. Has he had migraines? It could be Parkinson's which affects memory and which I've heard starts on one side of the body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness