Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 06:35 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times

Advertisements

Haha, the doctor showed me an x-ray of both knees......no gap where the cartilage should be, I guess when he said it was gone, he meant it.

But I can get around just fine, do not have much pain in that area, have plenty of flexibility thanks to stretching at least once a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 06:38 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Haha, the doctor showed me an x-ray of both knees......no gap where the cartilage should be, I guess when he said it was gone, he meant it.

But I can get around just fine, do not have much pain in that area, have plenty of flexibility thanks to stretching at least once a week.
Very very possible and probable and I get around with no space but would like to get around more. There is something there or I could not bend, walk and do what I do. I stretch daily, 2-3 times per day.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:43 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Very very possible and probable and I get around with no space but would like to get around more. There is something there or I could not bend, walk and do what I do. I stretch daily, 2-3 times per day.
Not true..

I have no joint space..and I can bend an walk...tho stairs are not fun..

Anyone who wants to know what PROLO IS, mostly sugar water

Old 06-30-2019, 08:48 PM

PRP is what I'm talking about mostly here:

https://www.hss.edu/condition-list_prp-injections.asp

Old 06-30-2019, 11:23 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
PRP is what I'm talking about mostly here:

https://www.hss.edu/condition-list_prp-injections.asp

Thanks for reminding us about PRP again. I actually watched an infomercial on PRP today. What a quack, all he talked about was how the high cost eventually pays off. Not covered by any insurance...{Probably never will be)

Old 07-01-2019, 06:19 AM

582 posts, read 763,473 times
I am sorry I haven't read the whole thread but I am considering prp knee injections for mom. Are they any good? I want to improve her quality of life. I have been looking for doctors on the east coast ( nyc to be exact). any recommendations? Thanks!

Old 07-01-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Thanks for reminding us about PRP again. I actually watched an infomercial on PRP today. What a quack, all he talked about was how the high cost eventually pays off. Not covered by any insurance...{Probably never will be)
Not a quack, it does work...I live with damage from surgeries from some sloppy tough surgeries. PRP does not cut the body.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safina1 View Post
I am sorry I haven't read the whole thread but I am considering prp knee injections for mom. Are they any good? I want to improve her quality of life. I have been looking for doctors on the east coast ( nyc to be exact). any recommendations? Thanks!
If I had more money left as I've aged, I'd look at them more. It's them or cutting up the body or living with drugs or or or. There is a lot of info out there and if one has the money, why not. PRP helps a lot of people, I hear stories every day and read reviews. I had the original Prolo years ago and it gave some good years of pain free shoulder issues. Talk to docs who know their work. NY has many of them...as does FL and CA and in the middle states as well.

Just know many people need at least 3 sessions and we're talking about $3K as a lot of MD's charge $1K a session. The MD here I listen to and know about charges $850 and he's the lowest price in our area. So that's under $3K if 3 sessions are needed.

It sure beats major surgery, rehab, drugs and the outcome???? And with the PRP even
20-50% relief is a good outcome....I think so anyway. I know people with knee replacements and they still live with pain and discomfort.

Someone here mentioned $8K-$10K for PRP and I believe they are talking to gougers.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-01-2019 at 10:52 AM..

Old 07-01-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

Why don't you talk to all the people who have had PRP and it's paid off for them...athletes are a major group who have gotten this work done in different areas of the world. And the U.S.

If all the injured athletes had major surgeries for all their injuries, there would no players in the games.

Too many non thinkers of it all as I see it. Like surgery is the only answer, it's not.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-01-2019 at 01:14 PM..

Old 07-01-2019, 01:44 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Not true..

I have no joint space..and I can bend an walk...tho stairs are not fun..

Anyone who wants to know what PROLO IS, mostly sugar water
I had no space left when I had mine done almost 5 years ago and like you, I could bend my knee. Stairs was a bigger challenge and getting in and out of the tub was almost impossible. That is when I gave up taking baths, my on my favorite pass times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness