Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2019, 03:52 PM

70 posts, read 44,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Excellent choice. Hope you are feeling better about your up coming surgery.
Thank you, i do. Still feeling nervous but i know its the only way. My weight keeps dropping. I already bought me a few of my fav food for after the operation^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2019, 04:39 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,286,610 times
Best advice I can give is after your surgery, walk. When they get you up to walk, it will hurt. Suck it up and walk, as much as you can stand and more. It is important to "wake up" everything inside and get it all moving.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:20 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryScaredGirl View Post
Thank you, i do. Still feeling nervous but i know its the only way. My weight keeps dropping. I already bought me a few of my fav food for after the operation^^
I was told after my operation to watch the fat at first and increase the fiber in my diet (so if your fav foods involve oil and fat you might want to take it easy for the first week). I haven't had any real problems with what I've eaten after my operation, other people from what I've read may have some problems digesting fat (usually with diarrhea). I pretty much eat the same way I did before I had mine out (but then, I don't overdo it on the fat, get a lot of fiber, and don't eat a lot of meat anyway). I do take a probiotic daily now, which seems to help with my digestion. They'll probably give you a list of diet tips to follow post-op. Believe me, you're going to be a lot happier when it's gone.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:23 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey teach View Post
Best advice I can give is after your surgery, walk. When they get you up to walk, it will hurt. Suck it up and walk, as much as you can stand and more. It is important to "wake up" everything inside and get it all moving.
I had no post-op pain to speak of, on the other hand (laparoscopy) - up and walking with no pain, and a day later drove 800 miles home. Hopefully the OP's experience will be more like mine.

Old 07-06-2019, 08:45 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I had no post-op pain to speak of, on the other hand (laparoscopy) - up and walking with no pain, and a day later drove 800 miles home. Hopefully the OP's experience will be more like mine.
Yeah, I had surgery on a Friday, back to work on Monday.

They tell you don't do any heavy lifting, so watch that. I had no problem eating anything and everything after, but I have heard some people do.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-08-2019, 01:16 AM

6,943 posts, read 6,869,734 times
For some reason, I thought gallbladder pain was on the right side, like just under the ribs. There is referral pain in the shoulders so where does pain come from which is not near to the gb? Of course I know that nerves go all over the place and come out of/go into the spine - which is why pinched nerves can cause pain in a completely different area.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:56 PM

I know about the thing with oily or fatty foods. When I said I bought some of my fav food for after surgery, I meant stuff like Cookie Dough, cold Cappucino.. Stuff like that is what I love here and there. Have not been able to take anything for so long now. My boyfriend will do me some bolognese with spaghetti a few days after I am home yummy I cannot wait for it!!!!!!! Its like I forgot the taste of food really, all I eat is potatoes and 1 bread in the morning. What I also miss a lot, I think the most, is BUNS. Fresh buns. I love them. Used to take them almost everyday. Those fresh buns give me immediate gallbladder pain.

Old 07-08-2019, 03:16 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
OP: Perhaps you've been eating a lot of the wrong foods for G.B. health in the first place. Breads and buns??

https://www.healthline.com/health/gallbladder-diet

Old 07-08-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
OP: Perhaps you've been eating a lot of the wrong foods for G.B. health in the first place. Breads and buns??

https://www.healthline.com/health/gallbladder-diet
What do you mean the wrong foods? I eat normal stuff like everyone else. Here in germany, fresh buns are breakfast. Theres nothing wrong with eating maybe 3 fresh buns within a week.I am not someone who eats junk food much...like mc donalds and so on. I love potatoes, rice, salads, chicken etc. So no, I am eating just fine.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:30 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryScaredGirl View Post
What do you mean the wrong foods? I eat normal stuff like everyone else. Here in germany, fresh buns are breakfast. Theres nothing wrong with eating maybe 3 fresh buns within a week.I am not someone who eats junk food much...like mc donalds and so on. I love potatoes, rice, salads, chicken etc. So no, I am eating just fine.
Don't worry about it. By the time I had surgery I was down to eating raw carrot sticks and THAT was bringing on attacks.

Some of us just get gallstones, no matter what we do. Thank god we live in the modern age where it can be fixed very easy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness