U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 12:57 PM

69 posts, read 24,316 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I have been on and off with Gallblader Pain. Was in Hospital yesteday and an Ultrasound showed a Gallbladder filled up with Sludge n Stones. They wanted to keep me there but all I wanted is go home. So tomorrow I will be getting appointment for OP. I am so scared to death;( can anyone share experiences please cause all I do is crying. My mother had died from a simple Gallbladder OP cause they did a mistake.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 01:32 PM

27,553 posts, read 10,409,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryScaredGirl View Post
Hey everyone,

I have been on and off with Gallblader Pain. Was in Hospital yesteday and an Ultrasound showed a Gallbladder filled up with Sludge n Stones. They wanted to keep me there but all I wanted is go home. So tomorrow I will be getting appointment for OP. I am so scared to death;( can anyone share experiences please cause all I do is crying. My mother had died from a simple Gallbladder OP cause they did a mistake.........
There is a lot of info here on G.B. and removal. At this point and I'm no fan of surgery, I would do all I can to find alternatives to surgery. Even see an alternative type MD. Do a search on your issues and alternative help. Wish you the best. Our G.B.'s have a function.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
There is a lot of info here on G.B. and removal. At this point and I'm no fan of surgery, I would do all I can to find alternatives to surgery. Even see an alternative type MD. Do a search on your issues and alternative help. Wish you the best. Our G.B.'s have a function.
I know. Just seeking some kind of comfort;( I will have to take it out for sure because it is not function properly anymore. Sorry if you might think I post for no reason since there are already threads but like I said, need some comfort...already tried german forums but do not reallu get answers. Thank you

Old 06-10-2019, 01:44 PM

460 posts, read 342,695 times
Although surgery is something that is not to be taken lightly, if your gallbladder is full of stones and sludge, you need to have it removed. A diseased gallbladder cannot be cured, and you can become seriously ill if it’s not taken care of.

I had mine removed laparoscopically and have three tiny scars. Testing showed that bile was backing up into my liver, so it had to come out. It must be scary for you after what happened to your mother, but the chances of the same thing happening to you are very small. The longer you wait, the more likely you’ll get worse.

Please have a talk with your doctor and let him or her know your concerns.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriact View Post
Although surgery is something that is not to be taken lightly, if your gallbladder is full of stones and sludge, you need to have it removed. A diseased gallbladder cannot be cured, and you can become seriously ill if it’s not taken care of.

I had mine removed laparoscopically and have three tiny scars. Testing showed that bile was backing up into my liver, so it had to come out. It must be scary for you after what happened to your mother, but the chances of the same thing happening to you are very small. The longer you wait, the more likely you’ll get worse.

Please have a talk with your doctor and let him or her know your concerns.

Thank you. He knows everything about the Story with my mother. But them in the Hospital dont know it..... I am so scared I will wake up from OP just like her;(((

Old 06-10-2019, 01:51 PM

I am just so scared and I cannot help it

Old 06-10-2019, 02:46 PM

579 posts, read 211,649 times
I had my badly infected GB with large stones taken out in 2000... It is a simple procedure and they do not let anyone suffer intentionally Just have to let them know your pain level BEFORE it gets worse, but most times it does not once the GB is removed.

Also you will not do well in the future eating grease laden foods, as you will not have a GB to get rid of it.

Every time a thought comes to my mind that scares me, I try to instantly replace it with a nice thought or memory. Just keep doing this and it will soon just happen instintively.

And don't forget your pet if you have one, or even someone else's. Back when our Golden Retriever was alive, she would know when I was upset. She would lay her head in my lap and look up at me with those big, brown eyes like, " It will be all right, am here with you now"

Old 06-10-2019, 02:55 PM

26,570 posts, read 30,865,017 times
I had mine taken out with no complications at all.

In fact, when I went home my surgeon told me several times not to try to do too much too soon, because I would feel so good. He was right.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:05 PM

Happy for you. I know but I will not care so much for fatty foods or certain things, I lost 12 Kilo cause I have almost not eaten anything anymore past 2 Months. I just want the pain and discomfort go away.

I have 2 Cats. These last days I have been laying in bed with big depressions and my male Cat is all day in bed with me. Not usual for him or me

Old 06-10-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I had mine taken out with no complications at all.

In fact, when I went home my surgeon told me several times not to try to do too much too soon, because I would feel so good. He was right.
Happy to hear. Is the OP the same in America like in Germany???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness