Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 01:31 PM

4,166 posts, read 2,536,194 times

Advertisements

I got tired of all the articles that said how risk free vasectomies were. So I looked up botched vasectomies just to see what was there. There are some real gems.

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a1...tomy-gone-bad/

This one was a link in the above article. It's here to remind you that things could always be much, much worse.

https://www.menshealth.com/sex-women...is-conditions/

https://www.kennedyjohnson.com/blog/...ce-award.shtml
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 03:39 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,724,657 times
So you're 47 now and the surgery was when you were 32? If that's correct all your issues could be due to aging. As other people have suggested, get your testosterone checked.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:12 PM

98 posts, read 90,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Questions: 1) Why are you asking a web forum instead of doctor?

2) And, why years later????????????????????????
Just in case someone or others might know what cut around that area that would cause such bleeding and reduction of sexual functioning if in fact it was not the cutting of the vas that caused this? Its the most important thing to me 15 years ago (becauise its of the greatest loss one can endure when the doctors didnt do much at all to find out what happened)) and still is important today and still will be another 15 yrs from now, and 15 yrs from then, and so on. I got a reversal at 36 hoping it might improve the problem but it never did.

Last edited by domic; 07-11-2019 at 04:31 PM..

Old 07-11-2019, 04:22 PM

6,972 posts, read 4,828,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domic View Post
Really, my life has been ruined ever since then.
Not nearly as much as it would be ruined because of an unwanted kid and financial support for the next 18 years.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:35 PM

98 posts, read 90,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Not nearly as much as it would be ruined because of an unwanted kid and financial support for the next 18 years.
Nah, you can't put a price on it. Had I known what was going to happen after my vasectomy, you couldn't pay me all the money in the world to get that done. and I would simply do all the fun things with a woman with no condom (and dvds) that wouldn't cause unwanted pregnancy anyways. But can't go back in time now.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:52 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,521,447 times
Quote:
Nah, you can't put a price on it. Had I known what was going to happen after my vasectomy, you couldn't pay me all the money in the world to get that done. and I would simply do all the fun things with a woman with no condom (and dvds) that wouldn't cause unwanted pregnancy anyways. But can't go back in time now.
As an RN I always considered them to be safe....& I know how common they are. BUT....it's kinda scary for me to think about this with my Bf....I'm gonna pass this on to him. We might have to think about another way....Essure makes it just as easy for us with no incision & it can be done just like with the men, in the office.....

Sry this happened to you......I should ty for spreading it on health & wellness after all.....but you should still see a doctor to see if there is anything you can do to improve or know for *sure*.....good luck!

Old 07-11-2019, 05:12 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,600,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
So you're 47 now and the surgery was when you were 32? If that's correct all your issues could be due to aging. As other people have suggested, get your testosterone checked.
Absolutely. Stress and anxiety can reduce testosterone levels. By refusing to address the underlying issue (stress and anxiety) and not getting the testosterone levels checked, the OP is doing himself no favors.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:43 PM

7,485 posts, read 10,444,293 times
The answer to one of your questions is - there was nothing else in there that was cut that could have affected your performance. You stated that the first side done was higher than the second, and wondered why all the bleeding occurred. Unexpected bleeding can occur in any incision. This is usually not serious. Blood vessel placement and cutting more deeply into tissue up closer to the body are both factors.

If this procedure was done in your early 30s, that is about the age that most guys begin to notice some changes in performance. Some of it is physical, and some of it is psychological, like job pressures, expenses, the kids, or marital issues. It is not normal to go through life with zero stress, or to expect that your performance in your 20s will last forever.

IMO, you just happened to have the procedure done at a time when you would have experienced a reduction anyway. One thing is for sure - If you had not had this done, you still would have noticed a decline, and your performance today would not be what it was in your 20s.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:48 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,038,670 times
Quote:
Biggest mistake of my life was to have a vasectomy. The only reason why I had it done (years ago) was because my urologist said vasectomies cause no possible difference to sexual functioning. To put a long story short, during the vasectomy when he cut my left vas deferens (if in fact that was a vas deferens) the bleeding lasted for 25 minutes. He kept on cauterising the cut with a heated instrument and liquid over and over and over again for the full 25 minutes until it finally stopped bleeding. His exact words while he was doing this was, "I cannot tie the vas until it completely stops bleeding". It eventually stopped bleeding and he was able to tie it. When he cut my right vas deferens it didn't bleed at all and he was able to tie it immediately. QU- Why did my left vas (if in fact it was a vas that he cut) bled for 25 minutes but there was no bleeding at all when he cut my right vas? Anyone have an idea or may know what he could of cut to cause it to bleed for 25 minutes? If it wasn't a vas deferens that he cut to cause that bleeding, what could of he have cut to cause it? The reason why I ask all of this is because to my horror, my sexual functioning or capability permanently decreased after vasectomy over 60% less ever since then.
Post vasectomy pain syndrome. I see you found the link. Small comfort but at least doctors listen to men more than women. Try having Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome; I did for 10 years & finally had to have the tubal reversed. Thank God.

I could have had 10 more kids & not been as sick as I was for those 10 years. Seriously. I already had 11. I know exactly what that means. Ironically, the 11th was a post-vasectomy baby.

They are on FB check them out before they get minimized.

https://www.today.com/health/post-tu...-tubes-t152367

Unfortunately, this was heavily politicized as population control during the Kissinger era & you will not ever be validated by the medical community.

Old 07-12-2019, 01:00 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,357,968 times
Quote:
Biggest mistake of my life was to have a vasectomy. The only reason why I had it done (years ago) was because my urologist said vasectomies cause no possible difference to sexual functioning. To put a long story short, during the vasectomy when he cut my left vas deferens (if in fact that was a vas deferens) the bleeding lasted for 25 minutes. He kept on cauterising the cut with a heated instrument and liquid over and over and over again for the full 25 minutes until it finally stopped bleeding. His exact words while he was doing this was, "I cannot tie the vas until it completely stops bleeding". It eventually stopped bleeding and he was able to tie it. When he cut my right vas deferens it didn't bleed at all and he was able to tie it immediately. QU- Why did my left vas (if in fact it was a vas that he cut) bled for 25 minutes but there was no bleeding at all when he cut my right vas? Anyone have an idea or may know what he could of cut to cause it to bleed for 25 minutes? If it wasn't a vas deferens that he cut to cause that bleeding, what could of he have cut to cause it? The reason why I ask all of this is because to my horror, my sexual functioning or capability permanently decreased after vasectomy over 60% less ever since then.
Women have dealt with the side effects from hysterectomies for years not to mention what child birth does to our bodies so welcome to reality. I've heard horrible stories about bladder problems, accidentally cutting off blood supply to the ovaries, scar tissue etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness