Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 12:23 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,554,682 times

Advertisements

This may be the latest generation of HA products. My friend is having them and she's reporting benefits.

I had SynVisc about 15 yrs ago and they did nothing for me, and then Eufflexa about 8 yrs ago and again nothing...maybe this Supartz FX is what I'll try. I'll talk to my D.O. next week and ask if this is the one he now uses.

Anyone have them?

How SUPARTZ FX Works - SUPARTZ FX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 12:52 PM

17,300 posts, read 13,047,011 times
Both are almost the same. Both made from rooster and chicken combs. Both are haluronic acid

Why would I want 3 injections 1 week apart instead of 1 injection

Both work the same. Supartz is newer and more expensive

https://www.healthline.com/health/os...ynvisc-supartz

Quote:
Synvisc vs. Supartz

Synvisc and Supartz are two brands of viscosupplementation. They both can be administered in your doctor’s office. The biggest difference between Synvisc and Supartz is in the number of injections needed.
Synvisc (hylan G-F 20) is given in three separate injections of 2 mL each. The injections are given one week apart. Synvisc-One is a version that can be given in a single dose of 6 mL. The advantage of Synvisc-One is that you probably won’t have to visit the doctor as often. This can help reduce inconvenience and hold costs down.
Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) is given in a series of three or five injections of 2.5 mL each. The injections are also usually given one week apart from each other.

Last edited by mike1003; 07-12-2019 at 01:01 PM..

Old 07-12-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Both are almost the same. Both made from rooster and chicken combs. Both are haluronic acid

Why would I want 3 injections 1 week apart instead of 1 injection

Both work the same. Supartz is newer and more expensive

So are you essentially saying Supartz is no better than the other two I mentioned. I know they are all HA products.

As far as one single injection, this must be it.

https://www.anikatherapeutics.com/pr...gics/monovisc/

And guess it either helps or does not.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-12-2019 at 03:40 PM..

Old 07-12-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
So are you essentially saying Supartz is no better than the other two I mentioned. I know they are all HA products.

As far as one single injection, this must be it.

https://www.anikatherapeutics.com/pr...gics/monovisc/

And guess it either helps or does not.

If you read what I posted it was Synvisc and Supartz, two of the HAs you mentioned. Eufflexa is the same as both of them HA from ***** Comb

Old 07-12-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
What? Monovisc harms?

I don't believe any of these injections harm, often they just don't help. Unless one gets an infection from the needle or other means. I know that harm.

Please do research before posting

Quote:

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1...st-sideeffects
Monovisc Syringe Side Effects by Likelihood and Severity

COMMON side effects

If experienced, these tend to have a Less Severe expression
  • Diarrhea
  • Feel Like Throwing Up
  • Head Pain
  • Hemorrhage Of Blood Under The Skin
  • Inflammation Of The Knee Joint
  • Irritation Of The Stomach Or Intestines
  • Itching
  • Loss Of Appetite
  • Signs And Symptoms At Injection Site
  • Stomach Cramps
  • Throwing Up
INFREQUENT side effects

If experienced, these tend to have a Severe expression
  • Fever Caused By Administration Of A Drug
  • Hives
  • Life Threatening Allergic Reaction
  • Rash

Old 07-12-2019, 07:36 PM

22,565 posts, read 24,357,783 times
I get the impression these joint-injections are big-time hit or miss.........depends on the person.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Please do research before posting
I didn't bother to check for side effects on this Monovisc as I thought it was like all the other HA type injections and I've had two different types and never side effects but they did not do any good. Only this is one big injection. I have no interest in it regardless.

A friend got help with the Monovisc years back and I remember her telling me about it.

Plus from the pharma groups, all the drugs are so harmless or are they?

Old 07-12-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I get the impression these joint-injections are big-time hit or miss.........depends on the person.
I know the SynVisc and Eufflexa did nothing for me,. and I can't speak for the thousands who get them.

My friend just did her 2nd session of the Supartz and so far she is feeling some relief. Time will tell, how long and she has one more session to do.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:22 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,190,043 times
Quote:
I didn't bother to check for side effects on this Monovisc as I thought it was like all the other HA type injections and I've had two different types and never side effects but they did not do any good. Only this is one big injection. I have no interest in it regardless.

A friend got help with the Monovisc years back and I remember her telling me about it.

They sure aren't...but at least they've been thoroughly tested...people tend to think "natural" stuff is always safe and that's not the case.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:

Again, it is all in doing research first.

Every drug, Rx, OTC and (yes-even supplements) has side effects varying from mild to very serious and life threatening depending on the person and the med.

Any human being can react to any med in any way. I just had a severe reaction to a med that I have had several times before, it happens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness