Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 10:31 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,599,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
It could mean all those things. Some people are okay all day long but then become hyperaroused at night. Others (like me) are hyperaroused all day, even though it was subtle and I wasn't really aware of it since I was putting a "bandaid" on top of it with some half-hearted yoga and meditation to tamp it down just a little.

All current theories of insomnia focus on hyperarousal (both physiological and psychological). Symptoms could be all you describe, plus irritability, hypervigilance, increased heart rate, more shallow breathing, eyes dilating, feeling very alert like you are in danger, difficulty concentrating, ruminating on obsessive thoughts, increased body temperature, racing mind that won't shut off at night, a surge of energy in bed, etc.
Yikes, I can't imagine being in that state. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 02:07 PM

22,961 posts, read 18,266,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Oh okay, but I exercise every day, I just don't have time to do it for eight hours though, like on the hike. Is there anything I can do that is the equivalent of hiking up hills with heavy equipment for 8 hours, without having to actually do that for 8 hours everyday?
No. It was the duration as well as the intensity of the workout that may have made the difference. It may also have been the break in the daily routine...you were a lot more physically tired than usual that night. Your daily workout must not tire you out much. I wonder what might happen if you did a much more intense or longer workout every few days? Maybe if you avoid an exercise routine (change things up...keep the body guessing) if that might affect your sleep pattern. One reason people fall into routines is that they get used to them. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:10 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,044,280 times
Okay thanks. I try to not to exercise too much though, cause in my job, I do a lot of heavy lifting for 8 hours a day though, and I want to conserve a good amount of energy for that. So that makes it tough to get a lot of exercise after, cause I'm usually pretty wiped from that on a work day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness