Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 11:44 AM

12,769 posts, read 18,298,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
There are other times to go to the doctor. Usually 101.5 is the cutoff in adults between viral and bacterial infection. If you have swollen lymph nodes, that’s also a sign you should probably go in. If your tonsils have white dots, then go in.

If you are routinely coughing for more than a week and it isn’t improving and is productive, then you should go to the doctor to ensure you don’t have pneumonia.
I had a small fever last night. Didn't have thermometer but I think it was maybe 99 or 100. I took a lukewarm bath and then went to bed and it seemed to have broke during the night.

Sorry to be gross, but now I have diarrhea. Still coughing but sore throat has subsided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 09:24 AM

I am finally better !!!

Old 07-30-2019, 12:11 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,612,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I am finally better !!!
The body has a way of doing a lot of healing and glad you are still with us...many had you about gone.

Old 08-02-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
The body has a way of doing a lot of healing and glad you are still with us...many had you about gone.
LOL it was a close one but I am alive!!!

My ear is super clogged now though. No more cough, no more cold, no more sore throat but MONSTER ear clog for about a week.

Anyone have a magic remedy for that?

I know, I know "go to the dr" … the issue is my insurance has a ridiculous deductible that I'll never hit so it's a bajillion dollars to go to the dr. Trying to avoid that if at all possible. Pretty sure it's related to the sore throat & cough.

Last edited by Jdawg8181; 08-02-2019 at 03:20 PM..

Old 08-05-2019, 10:54 PM

6,907 posts, read 6,815,567 times
Salt water gargling or green tea gargling.

Quote:
The latest study was performed to see if it works in kids. A total of nearly 20,000 preschoolers were observed for 20 days, and just like the study in adults, gargling appears to lower the odds of illness by about a third. Gargling with green tea appeared to work even better. Note they speculate that the fact that tap water is chlorinated may have played a role, so gargling with filtered water may be less effective. Also, I would stay away from iodine solutions such as betadine since one can run into the same kind of iodine overload thyroid dysfunction caused by eating too much kelp or thyroid-gland-containing sausages

Old 08-06-2019, 01:40 PM

18,755 posts, read 18,012,395 times
For the clogged ear have you tried long, steamy, hot showers. They might be able to break up some of the mucus and let you hear again. Of course it all depends on the source and a doctor is the only one that diagnose your condition.

For sore throats I always gargled with Pepsi or Coke. The carbonated beverages gave me temporary relief.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:01 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,414,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
My mom swore by a tablespoon of whiskey, warmed with a couple of teaspoons of honey and lemon juice. Don’t sip. Toss it down. It eases the cough and cuts the phlegm and you can sleep.

This remedy is also why I don’t drink whiskey. To me, whiskey is medicine. And yucky.
I was going to suggest Tequila. A shot (or two) would kill all the germs AND make you forget your sore throat for at least a little while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness