Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 11:16 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,058,216 times

Advertisements

Yikes. You put yourself in a doctor's hands, thinking he/she has all the knowledge to find you a cure and then this happens. I would be extremely upset and would contact the state medical board as well as finding a new doctor, PCP, Oncologist, Ent, etc. For some reason, you have now been "branded" as a chronic smoker and drinker and this report will follow you everywhere you go unless you try to undo this sentence.

And, the fact that NO biopsy has yet been done is worrisome. These people sound like medical idiots, in my opinion. Get help somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 12:00 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Yikes is right. Reading your story OP makes me more and more thankful on how long I've worked on being my own doc and how the thread here "I distrust doctors" rings so clear. And how important Prevention is so that one doesn't end up at the doc's mercy.

I hope you will get to the bottom of what is going on.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:03 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,049,655 times
Your oncologist sounds like, well, not a doctor I would go to. It should be part of your medical record going way back, that you are a non-smoker. Did they not look at that?

Can your PCP (if you have a good relationship with them) recommend another oncologist? I would not go back to that one.

ETA - you are right, needle biopsy is not appropriate with lymphoma. DH had a biopsy of the lump and another test at the same time, it was either a bone marrow biopsy or a spinal tap, I forget, to see if it had spread and how far (it hadn't).

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 07-25-2019 at 12:21 PM..

Old 07-25-2019, 12:04 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I've had 3 doctors call me a liar, and fired their okoles immediately, I don't need that, and YOU certainly do not need that right now.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-25-2019, 12:08 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,404,938 times
Thanks.

I have a good friend who is a retired health professional. She said I should get my PCP to contact the oncologist and have him change the record.

I also went ahead and made an appointment at a well-known cancer center. Unfortunately they need all my recent medical records including this stupid report. ☹️☹️☹️

Old 07-25-2019, 12:11 PM

7,090 posts, read 4,526,537 times
I really hope you get this straightened out. What happened to you is horrible.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:18 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
When you have the time, I would lodge a complaint.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-25-2019, 12:27 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,671,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Yikes is right. Reading your story OP makes me more and more thankful on how long I've worked on being my own doc and how the thread here "I distrust doctors" rings so clear. And how important Prevention is so that one doesn't end up at the doc's mercy.

I hope you will get to the bottom of what is going on.
The OP likely has lymphoma. I am not sure how she could have prevented it or worked on being her own doc. The only people qualified to treat cancer are oncologists, and unfortunately it seems like she ended up with one who has some sort of agenda unrelated to treating her actual issue. Hopefully she can contact her PCP and get the oncologist to correct the record before going to the cancer center.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:36 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,649,676 times
Definitely get a copy of your medical records. If you can, consult an attorney. You may have to order them to "cease and desist" from maligning you. This is slander and/or libel if untrue.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:36 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
The OP likely has lymphoma. I am not sure how she could have prevented it or worked on being her own doc. The only people qualified to treat cancer are oncologists, and unfortunately it seems like she ended up with one who has some sort of agenda unrelated to treating her actual issue. Hopefully she can contact her PCP and get the oncologist to correct the record before going to the cancer center.
That is not certain, read her posts, it's suspected. Why so many here have her already dx'd with lymphoma..I read and re-read her posts..

There is a huge difference between likely and certainly. How about this: good chance she does NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness