Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 01:58 PM

1,197 posts, read 2,270,357 times

Advertisements

So I am 51 and have been separated for two years workimg towards a divorce. The marriage was pretty sexles the last few years but vibant and active before that. Until recently I had never once not been able to get or maintain an erection. In the past two and a half years I have had 6 sexual partners and have had sex roughly 15-20 times. Of these times I have had about 5 occassions where I had difficulty getting an erection after my initial erection disipated during foreplay. On the occassions where the encounter lasted long enough and We were able to try again later I was always fine.

Has anyone else had this issue either with themselves of their man and can offer some insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 02:15 PM

15,708 posts, read 20,234,996 times
Sounds like you either should go talk to a doctor, or you just weren't really interested in your partner.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:37 PM

2,066 posts, read 4,322,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
So I am 51 and have been separated for two years workimg towards a divorce. The marriage was pretty sexles the last few years but vibant and active before that. Until recently I had never once not been able to get or maintain an erection. In the past two and a half years I have had 6 sexual partners and have had sex roughly 15-20 times. Of these times I have had about 5 occassions where I had difficulty getting an erection after my initial erection disipated during foreplay. On the occassions where the encounter lasted long enough and We were able to try again later I was always fine.

Has anyone else had this issue either with themselves of their man and can offer some insight.
Make sure you're not being pressured to have sex.

Is sex realy what you want or is it the foreplay and other stuff?

Cut the foreplay.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:42 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,247,220 times
Ask a doctor. May you need some pills.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:22 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,619,721 times
Separated two years, with multiple partners for 2.5 years.

Have you resolved with your wife whatever issues caused your marriage to be sexless? Have you gotten closure on that?

If you're fine on subsequent attempts, you may have some residual emotional issues stemming from the problems with sex you're carrying into these new interactions.

Of course you shouldn't cut out the foreplay . Every partner will be different, and you may need more of a connection than you have.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:31 PM

20,244 posts, read 14,470,451 times
My partner is 60, he was 56 when we met. There are some other issues going on, both medical and psychological, for him, but this particular thing I have always simply chalked up to him being an older fella. Sometimes the body decides not to cooperate. It's pretty natural. I'd say that with those occasions being less than a majority of your encounters, you refine your hand/mouth game and switch to another activity to satisfy your partner, and accept that you can get yours next go 'round.

(My wonderful partner rather likes the fact that I brag on him at times, that he can knock my socks off without even taking off his pants. These other activities have the benefit of involving a modicum of skill that you can be proud of!)

The most important thing, in my opinion, for people who struggle with some biological impediment to intercourse as they get older, is to keep a good attitude about things, don't sulk off in a huff because your business decides to be persnickety, continue to have a good time and enjoy the intimacy! Do not be hard (ugh...puns...) on yourself. Feeling doubts and pressure and stress about sexual function will accomplish one thing...it'll have you all psyched out, which can also cause performance issues. Y'know? Best to accept that no matter what goes down (lol) everybody will have a good time!

I mean, unless you're on a mission to get somebody pregnant or something...

Oh, and by the by, if you aren't already, you should know it's about time to start going to a doctor regularly and having your prostate checked. Remember. It's only kinky the first time.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:33 PM

1,210 posts, read 879,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Ask a doctor. May you need some pills.
Could also be BECAUSE of pills. Some medicines can do that to men. I've read Wellbutrin (depression) can cause it, a medicine commonly prescribed to men.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:39 PM
46H

1,647 posts, read 1,382,388 times
Erectile dysfunction can be a sign of heart disease.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...n/art-20045141

Old 07-29-2019, 04:44 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,587,796 times
And anxiety and the hormones are moaning...they need attention. Hopefully the resident doctors can shed some real good help!!!!!!

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-29-2019 at 05:19 PM..

Old 07-29-2019, 04:54 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,596,577 times
Are you a drinker?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness