Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 03:16 PM

454 posts, read 441,557 times

Advertisements

A few days ago, I noticed i got a sudden bruise below my wrist on my right arm I do not have a clue how this happened. I did remember carrying a lot of groceries back one day and it being heavy... but i do not think that caused it. If it did, could it show up a day or two afterwards?

The thing is if it showed up suddenly, i probably didn't notice it. I notice this only recently. Is about the size of an inch vertically and diagonally, probably a bit more than half an inch. It looks purplish somewhat.

But i recently did get angry lately and was upset and was furious while i was using my computer. But i didnt bang my mouse or bang the table or anything like this. My mental health is very bad. I also have very bad anxiety and ocd... have had that since i was a kid. In my 30s now. But does anyone have a clue of how someone can get sudden bruising? I did notice i had lot of ants lately flying on me and on my body when im inside my apartment or sleeping in bed... the are like those flying ants etc. But i assume that did not cause it right?

When i touch it, there is a bit of pain.

Should i be concerned about this? If i post a picture of it, would some of you be able to guess what it possibly is? Also i will say i have had very bad sleeping habits. I been going to bed at close to 5am every night... i get up around 10am to maybe 11am the last few months. Normally i would sleep by 3am and get up by 9 to 10am. Yes i know that is bad too. But i dont think this could have caused it as i been doing this for many months right? Also i have very bad eating habits... eat a ton of cereal bars.

I mean i didn't injure it directly as like hit something etc. The only thing i could think of would been me carrying a bunch of grocery bags not long ago if it was one incident with me doing something physical.

Does anyone have tips on what do put on it temporarily? I read if you have sudden bruising, if it stays like that for 2 weeks or more, then do something about it? I will also say im on my computer all day and night... at least 15 hours. So i use my wrist a lot when moving my mouse. But i been doing this for many many years already. So i dont think this suddenly caused it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 03:28 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,557,815 times
Sounds like a strain or even mild sprain, give your body time to do some healing. It does that for us. Try not to push it too much and let it heal.

Old 07-30-2019, 09:06 PM

22,838 posts, read 18,124,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
A few days ago, I noticed i got a sudden bruise below my wrist on my right arm I do not have a clue how this happened. I did remember carrying a lot of groceries back one day and it being heavy... but i do not think that caused it. If it did, could it show up a day or two afterwards?

The thing is if it showed up suddenly, i probably didn't notice it. I notice this only recently. Is about the size of an inch vertically and diagonally, probably a bit more than half an inch. It looks purplish somewhat.

But i recently did get angry lately and was upset and was furious while i was using my computer. But i didnt bang my mouse or bang the table or anything like this. My mental health is very bad. I also have very bad anxiety and ocd... have had that since i was a kid. In my 30s now. But does anyone have a clue of how someone can get sudden bruising? I did notice i had lot of ants lately flying on me and on my body when im inside my apartment or sleeping in bed... the are like those flying ants etc. But i assume that did not cause it right?

When i touch it, there is a bit of pain.

Should i be concerned about this? If i post a picture of it, would some of you be able to guess what it possibly is? Also i will say i have had very bad sleeping habits. I been going to bed at close to 5am every night... i get up around 10am to maybe 11am the last few months. Normally i would sleep by 3am and get up by 9 to 10am. Yes i know that is bad too. But i dont think this could have caused it as i been doing this for many months right? Also i have very bad eating habits... eat a ton of cereal bars.

I mean i didn't injure it directly as like hit something etc. The only thing i could think of would been me carrying a bunch of grocery bags not long ago if it was one incident with me doing something physical.

Does anyone have tips on what do put on it temporarily? I read if you have sudden bruising, if it stays like that for 2 weeks or more, then do something about it? I will also say im on my computer all day and night... at least 15 hours. So i use my wrist a lot when moving my mouse. But i been doing this for many many years already. So i dont think this suddenly caused it.
We bruise ourselves all the time without noticing it. If you had large unexplained bruises all over your body that's something to check out, not a single bruise. I think this is your anxiety speaking here.

The best time to treat a bruise is right after getting hurt. A cold pack applied right away can limit the amount of bruising that will form after an injury because the cold slows down blood flow. Alternative warm and cold packs can help the accumulated blood in the bruise get flushed away. Once the bruise has finished forming not really much to do about it. A cold pack might make it hurt a little less temporarily, but it won't really do much else.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:00 AM

48,272 posts, read 34,391,475 times
Happens to me all the time.

Somehow I got a bruise on my breast, fun times explaining THAT one to DH!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-31-2019, 09:53 AM

20,956 posts, read 8,571,701 times
Make sure you check other parts of your body...if you bruise without knowing it (and too easily) it can be a sign of low platelet count which is often related to Lupus and other autoimmune conditions.

If it's only in that one area it very well would be just something that slipped your mind and perhaps even the wrists laying on a keyboard or something of the sort.

Oh, putting on some wrist or hand guards when sleeping works magic. My massage therapist suggested this a decade ago and it worked wonders. I don't use them much anymore, but when I used to wake with sore wrists from sleeping on my hands, etc. they helped a lot.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:10 AM

454 posts, read 441,557 times
Okay i just recalled something that happened but i'm not sure if the bruise already showed up or not before this incident which is why i did not mention this. A few days ago, i don't remember exactly which date, it was either on this night or the following night, i went outside to throw some garbage away. When i did this, i remember something landing right on that spot where i have the bruise, it was a huge insect and it looked like a grasshopper as it was green. Im not sure if it just landed on my wrist when it was flying or it flew out from the garbage. But of course it could be some other insect. I then freaked out and took my left hand and swatted it away.

Is it possible it sprayed or injected something to my wrist because i swatted it real hard and then i read online that grasshopper could spray something if it feels threatened? Again, im not 100% sure if it was grasshopper or it could be anything else. I saw it in my wrist and swatted it. I do not remember if i had the bruise there or not yet.

This was a few nights ago. I just don't remember exactly which night. But i'm certain it was one of two nights. However, im not 100% sure if i already had that bruise or not already. That is my problem. If i did, i wouldn't be that concerned. I recalled if i did not had that bruise yet, the bruise showed up a bit after that when i notice it... or the following day.

Should this be a huge concern?

I didn't feel any bite when this happened. Also the size of this bruise is what concerns me because that is exactly where the grasshopper or flying inject was on my inner wrist. I recalled when i swiped it away with my left hand, it didn't go away immediately. I dont think i swiped twice though.

Do you have thoughts on this?

Old 07-31-2019, 11:57 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,557,815 times
Re-read #2 above, my opinion.

Old 07-31-2019, 03:12 PM

22,838 posts, read 18,124,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
Okay i just recalled something that happened but i'm not sure if the bruise already showed up or not before this incident which is why i did not mention this. A few days ago, i don't remember exactly which date, it was either on this night or the following night, i went outside to throw some garbage away. When i did this, i remember something landing right on that spot where i have the bruise, it was a huge insect and it looked like a grasshopper as it was green. Im not sure if it just landed on my wrist when it was flying or it flew out from the garbage. But of course it could be some other insect. I then freaked out and took my left hand and swatted it away.

Is it possible it sprayed or injected something to my wrist because i swatted it real hard and then i read online that grasshopper could spray something if it feels threatened? Again, im not 100% sure if it was grasshopper or it could be anything else. I saw it in my wrist and swatted it. I do not remember if i had the bruise there or not yet.

This was a few nights ago. I just don't remember exactly which night. But i'm certain it was one of two nights. However, im not 100% sure if i already had that bruise or not already. That is my problem. If i did, i wouldn't be that concerned. I recalled if i did not had that bruise yet, the bruise showed up a bit after that when i notice it... or the following day.

Should this be a huge concern?

I didn't feel any bite when this happened. Also the size of this bruise is what concerns me because that is exactly where the grasshopper or flying inject was on my inner wrist. I recalled when i swiped it away with my left hand, it didn't go away immediately. I dont think i swiped twice though.

Do you have thoughts on this?
You are obsessing about this for no reason OP. If it was a large green insect chances are it was a grasshopper, katydid, or maybe a dragonfly. All are harmless and can't "inject" anything under your skin. Even if you were actually bitten, the bite itself isn't dangerous. Grasshoppers can spit a slightly acidic liquid (its actually vomit) to discourage a bird or other predator that tries to grab them. It is mildly irritating and bad tasting.

Get past this...you're fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness