Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 07:12 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,082,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Someone Iwork with had a surgery to greatly reduce her periods.....just has spotting now. She had very painful periods. She is 40, and has all the children she wants. How old are you? Are you married? Do you want children? Dicuss with your doctor.
try reading the thread. It's been posted any number of times that OP is17
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 07:54 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,092,566 times
Maybe something in here you could try =
https://www.google.ca/search?source=...A0.bEL3apSxVvg

Old 08-06-2019, 08:03 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,244,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Something to think about:

"Effective, uncomplicated birth control is important for many women. But it’s also important that birth control be safe. There are concerns that because birth control pills use hormones to block pregnancy they may overstimulate breast cells, which can increase the risk of breast cancer."

OP you need a doctor to discuss this with you. You might have endometriosis and pill probably isn't the right treatment for it.
Definitely a worthwhile caveat. In my case, I quit BC pills at age 21 not because I wanted to have a baby (heaven forbid- I hadn't even finished college) but because I was concerned about years of taking artificial hormones. I used a diaphragm for the remainder of my fertile years. A bit clunky and messy, but effective and hormone-free. And, as I noted earlier, the effects of much milder periods persisted after I got off the pill.

I hadn't thought about the possibility of endometriosis but, as I said in my first post, I'm not a doctor. I do know that one symptom is painful periods. I hope the OP gets the medical advice she needs.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:56 AM

9,790 posts, read 7,603,775 times
Yes, please have your mother take you to the doctor, either your family doctor or GYN. Your mother may have additional medical information and family history to help the doctor decide the best course of treatment for you.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:20 AM

15,633 posts, read 26,159,772 times
I took LoEstrin BCP and it took a few months, but my period went away. I loved that. Then my doctor switched me to a triphasal pill and I started raging. Anger like never before. After four months I told my husband it was time to get the big snip. He complied.

However. I do think you need to see a doctor and don’t be shy about telling him or her everything. Along with diet, you should try working on your core muscles. Having a strong stomach and back really does help.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:44 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,606,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
Definitely a worthwhile caveat. In my case, I quit BC pills at age 21 not because I wanted to have a baby (heaven forbid- I hadn't even finished college) but because I was concerned about years of taking artificial hormones. I used a diaphragm for the remainder of my fertile years. A bit clunky and messy, but effective and hormone-free. And, as I noted earlier, the effects of much milder periods persisted after I got off the pill.

I hadn't thought about the possibility of endometriosis but, as I said in my first post, I'm not a doctor. I do know that one symptom is painful periods. I hope the OP gets the medical advice she needs.
I had unbearable periods before I started birth control. I was worried about the hormones and was glad I tried them because they changed my life. I went from having weeklong migraines, cramping, and heavy bleeding to very light periods and fewer migraines and no cramps.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:53 AM

20,663 posts, read 8,426,505 times
Uterine ablation
Hysterectomy
Birth control pills
Motrin for pain

Get examined for endometriosis

If you are into Chinese medicine, an acupuncturist told me to stop eating fruit the week before. It worked!

Old 08-06-2019, 12:27 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,520,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit_Native View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuQIEy_x9w4

Annuale is only once a year. When it's time for your period, just buy a hat... and remember to hold the F ONTO IT.
I couldn't rep you again, it said. So I'll respond here.

LOL!!!!! That video is so funny! Never saw it before....I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. That was great.

"Hold onto your F'in hat!" hahahahahaha

Old 08-06-2019, 07:51 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,043,377 times
You can get over the counter progesterone cream at Whole Foods. One packet rubbed onto my forearms will stop my bleeding & the pain for about 6 hours. Just using it once a day for my three heaviest days brings me huge relief.

I bleed so badly I had to have 9 units of blood transfused last year.

Harder to find but also over the counter & even more potent than the cream is Progesterone oil; two drops under the tongue lasts over 8 hours.

Tampons increase the pain to an almost unbearable level; especially if you pass clots. The body wants those clots OUT & tampons will cause pain similar to labor pain; it won't stop until you give them a clear passageway.

If you have a 'tipped' uterus, this can cause extra pain. especially when laying down & even more so if you are on your back. Try keeping your lower spine curved & shift your position in bed frequently.

Old 08-07-2019, 04:10 AM

6,615 posts, read 6,505,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asurayama View Post
hi, how are you today?��, mind if I ask you a question?, well it may seem silly but I'm really curious about figuring out if there is anyway of stopping periods permanently and safely, I'm going to guess the only way of doing so is by expensive surgery, but I was hoping that wasn't my only opinion out there, if anyone of you can help me I would greatly appreciate it, even if it's only suggestions that will at least delay it for a while and give me a break.

Thank you to anyone that helps.
Yes, there is:

1) get pregnant, just a temporary fix (but you make up for it after the birth)

2) some kind of hormone/birth control pills might work

3) get older (40-50 or so) and hit menopause (hot flashes and weight gain). You'll wish you had your period back if your hot flashes are bad enough and go on for years and years (like me)

Sorry, periods are just something women have to live with unless you get the whole works removed by surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness